PDA

View Full Version : I Need Testers

Rick
January 22nd, 2013, 8:47 PM
I have subscribed to either a 24 or 72 hour (the website says 72, the email said 24, so who knows) trial period for the latest Vbulletin Forum software.

After playing with this for a few minutes, I am very impressed and am seriously considering buying this, but I want to know what you all think about it.

Username: Test
Password: test1234

Post anything you like, it'll be deleted after the trial period. (Just don't bitch at me about Nazi censorship. :bluerofl)

Thanks,

Rick

siamcat
January 22nd, 2013, 9:07 PM
Well, I just took a look and one thing I noticed is that I don't have a scroll bar on the side of the window. Since there are no posts it's hard to tell. I'm perfectly good with the way it is now so I would not want you to spend money on something that's not needed.
Since I don't speak computer or know technical details my opinion shouldn't matter much. I just use computers, as long as things work I'm happy:07:.

Night Owl
January 22nd, 2013, 9:43 PM
There isn't much there to test. Also it seems there is a ten character minimum for a post.

Layout look ok but nothing to write home about.

I agree with the kitty.:))

Ludwig
January 22nd, 2013, 9:54 PM
Given the dislike for change already exhibited on CTT and the steep learning curve involved, I would recommend that you not invest in this new thing.

Rick
January 22nd, 2013, 10:21 PM
No siamcat, there is nothing to scroll.

It may be a forced issue in the near future given the fact that there are compatibility issues between this version of the forum software and the database software.

kantwin
January 23rd, 2013, 6:16 AM
I didn't see anything to write home about.
It did keep the "Login or register" banner at the top the entire time I was looking around.
I did not post anything.

Rick
January 23rd, 2013, 7:51 AM
What's nice is how easy it is to customize. Drag and drop things into places is so much easier than the way it works with this one.

That "Test" forum is set up on the Vbulletin site and I am sure they don't have it set for 100% functionality.

And don't worry, we wouldn't be starting over, if and when I do it, it'll be an upgrade and all of our valuable words of wisdom will still be here. :))

CenTexDave
January 23rd, 2013, 12:02 PM
Rick - save your money.

circle_c
January 23rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
If you mean drag and drop photo's etc in threads, that's a nice feature VS uploads.

Rick
January 23rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
I'm not sure of all of the photo features, but I was logged on from my phone and it looks good on an Android. I tried to upload a picture from my phone and it would have worked had there not been a picture size limit.

Someone can let me know how it looks with the fruit phone when they get a chance.

Rick
January 23rd, 2013, 7:24 PM
Rick - save your money.
Easy to say, but the bottom line is that more and more people are using the internet on a mobile device and this software is more conducive to that.

xzochye
January 24th, 2013, 6:05 PM
Rick - save your money.

I agree