PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Football

Texas Immigrant
September 24th, 2012, 8:56 PM
My boys are doing it again! 8 Sacks so for in the first half!! Go SEAHAWKS!!!

CenTexDave
September 24th, 2012, 9:35 PM
Unreal. But The Pack is slowing them down in the second half. Helluva good game.

Texas Immigrant
September 24th, 2012, 9:36 PM
I'm not liking the second half so much...

corgifan
September 24th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Squawks have the ugliest unies in the NFL. Nightmares.

kantwin
September 24th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Unbelievable bs call

corgifan
September 24th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Tate pushes off then gets one arm on the ball and the idiot ref calls it a TD catch. What a joke!
But a win is a win. And a loss is a loss! Deal with it Pack.

cnjbond
September 24th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Worse call of the year so far. Roger Goodell is looking worse as each weeks goes bye but that still hasn't stopped us from watching!!! :)

FieryPrincess
September 24th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Worse call of the year so far. Roger Goodell is looking worse as each weeks goes bye but that still hasn't stopped us from watching!!! :)

That's why the NFL has no reason to negotiate for the real refs to return.

kantwin
September 25th, 2012, 6:56 AM
I think they finally got it right here. . . About as good as any other call they've made this season.

CenTexDave
September 25th, 2012, 8:33 AM
So you mean Manchester United lost? OMG!!!!!!!!!! :))

sojourner truth
September 25th, 2012, 9:27 AM
That call was the greatest message for finishing the negotiations with the refs as soon as possible. What a BS call. Pushing off? He pushed the guy to the ground. How a ref monitoring the receivers in the end zone could possibly miss that is bad enough, but to NOT see who actually came down in possession with the ball is the straw that broke the camels back.

I don't care for either team, but wrong is just wrong. If I was a Seahawk, I wouldn't be talking trash today. They need to back up to the win table with a pillowcase over their head.

Whoever that ref is, I'd stay out of Wisconsin for a while.

cnjbond
September 25th, 2012, 9:48 AM

That call was so horrendous it effected my spelling! :p

kantwin
September 25th, 2012, 9:57 AM
I wonder if the ref that signaled touchdown was the same one that flagged Shields for the defensive PI when it was clearly offensive PI a few plays earlier?
And, that same ref was obviously the one that missed Shields getting shoved to the ground. Game should have been over at that point, since it was a blatant push - off, regardless of whether or not offensive PI is "usually" not called on the last play of the game. This was so, so obvious...

CenTexDave
September 25th, 2012, 9:59 AM
But y'all have to admit - one of the better Monday night games in recent memory. :)

sojourner truth
September 25th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I don't think so....Why play the game if the true winner doesn't win? When the officiating is that bad, it is no longer a viable sport. I saw so many missed calls and wrong calls in the second half, I couldn't keep track of them all.

I wish there were some way that touchdowns could be reviewed in the last 2 minutes as they are for the rest of the game. My understanding is that this year, all scoring plays are to be reviewed. Why wasn't this one? And if it was, who in the hell was so stupid or blind that they couldn't see what actually happened. Of course, and uncalled penalty won't be called upon review, but the fact that the ball was intecepted was pretty damn obvious. I mean, even Ray Charles could have seen that one.

Time to end this BS and make a deal with the real refs before the playoffs and superbowl become a joke.

Ludwig
September 25th, 2012, 1:07 PM
... Time to end this BS and make a deal with the real refs before the playoffs and superbowl become a joke.

That will happen only when we the fans and viewers force the issue by not attending or watching the games.

CenTexDave
September 25th, 2012, 3:35 PM
Some plays aren't reviewable. It is my understanding that a judgement call like the one that happened last night (both receivers possessing the ball) is one of those.
Crappy ending, but loved the D in the first half. 8 sacks!!!!!!!

sojourner truth
September 25th, 2012, 6:55 PM
Well, just another example of what you get when unions get involved. The people lose. Just like the Packers did.

Texas Immigrant
September 25th, 2012, 7:46 PM
I would have preferred a clear cut win. I don't know a lot about Football, but to me it looked like my guy caught the ball at the same time the Packer did. His left hand was in between the Packers hands and they both came down at the same time. I thought I heard on the news that if it is a tie it goes to the receiving team.

I did love counting all of those sacks!!!

FieryPrincess
September 25th, 2012, 8:11 PM
The NFL is the bad guy here. Don't get confused.

Ludwig
September 25th, 2012, 9:21 PM
The NFL is the bad guy here. Don't get confused.

Nope. The Union Leaders are the bad guys.

Grammar Rules
September 27th, 2012, 7:29 AM
And Gov Scott Walker plus both presidential candidates suddenly LOVE those Union Refs. Strike is over.:))

CenTexDave
September 27th, 2012, 12:28 PM
He spoke as a football fan, not a politician.

Night Owl
September 27th, 2012, 1:33 PM
It was ruled a simutaneous catch and in that case the offensive player gets the ball. Touchdown Seahawks. Win Seahawks.

sojourner truth
September 27th, 2012, 2:12 PM
What wasn't ruled was the offensive pass interference, which should have ended the game. The fact that everyone in the stadium, except the refs, knew that the ball was going to the end zone as a "hail Mary" brings up the ignorance of the reffing crew. It took almost 6 seconds from the time the ball came down in the end zone before the first ref came on the scene. There is no excuse for that.

If you watched the video, and would be honest with yourself, you would understand that the defensive guy had the ball in his hands, and against his chest when he hit the ground, and the receiver tore it out of his grip after he hit the ground. That, and the missed interference call shows me the officiating had its head up it's a$$ so far they could see sunshine through their mouths.

It was so obvious who won that game, REALLY WON, that old tightwad caved in to the refs demands. If it were any way else, they'd still be on strike.

That one poor call may have rammifications in the playoff seeds later on. I say this as a fan who doesn't root for either of those teams. I really don't care about who won or lost in this case. Only in the truth.

FieryPrincess
September 27th, 2012, 3:06 PM
Nope. The Union Leaders are the bad guys.

Nope.

The bazillionaires are arguing with the millionaires. The fans lose. ergo: the NFL is the villian.

I will not believe differently.

Obviously there is a need for the skilled refs. Otherwise the replacement ones would have been just fine. NFL should have been bargaining with them.

Night Owl
September 27th, 2012, 7:02 PM
If GB wouldn't of had their heads up their arse for 3 and a half quarters it wouldn't have come down to a last call. All I know is that the ref's called it a TD. It is what it is.

kantwin
September 27th, 2012, 7:23 PM
First half Green Bay was terrible.
Jennings (#43 of GB) should have just tipped it out the back of he end zone.