PDA

View Full Version : Skins vs Saints - RG3's Debut

CenTexDave
September 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM
In his opening NFL drive, went 6 for 6 and lead them downfield for a FG!! :)

xzochye
September 9th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I am sooooo torn on this game! It's RG3 so of course I need to support him. However, Saints are my 2nd favorite team! :-s

CenTexDave
September 9th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Now he throws an 88 yard TD pass!!!!!!

Grammar Rules
September 9th, 2012, 7:34 PM
Great game!

Night Owl
September 9th, 2012, 9:54 PM
RGIII showed that the deadskins made the right decision to draft him. He looked like a veteran and not a rookie.

CenTexDave
September 10th, 2012, 6:41 AM
The "deadskins" may not be so dead this year.

sojourner truth
September 10th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Now comes the hard part...All of us cowboy fans have a hard choice on who to root for. We all know the traditional "Redskins/Cowboys" bad blood. But when you've got a homegrown hero that can bring that kind of talent to a hapless team, it's hard to look at them like "the enemy". Guess I'll have to do like that guy I saw the other day...Wear a cowboys shirt and a skins hat...:))

Night Owl
September 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
When a friend enters and becomes one of the "enemy" he gets the same treatment as the "enemy" always does. I will root for RGIII but hope he does terrible against the 'Boys!!!!

Rick
September 10th, 2012, 1:22 PM
He's a good football player, SJ, but I don't think that makes him a hero.

kantwin
September 10th, 2012, 2:11 PM
Not only that, but there are some here that speak of him like he's the fruit of their loins.
Good grief, man.
Every kid that makes it in the world comes from somewhere.
It just so happens that he came from central Texas.
He ain't your kid.

sojourner truth
September 10th, 2012, 3:12 PM
Oh, I know he's not a hero in the real world sense that our soldiers are. Didn't mean to make it seem like that. To the folks in Cove, he will probably be a legend for the rest of his life. It's just nice to see a nice young man from our neck of the woods rewarded for his talent and extra effort to excell.

Now, If we could just trade him for Romo......:)

kantwin
September 10th, 2012, 3:22 PM
On the "hero" theme, I saw a picture of Rep Giffords (you know, the one that was shot in the head in Arizona) at the DNC leading the pledge of allegiance, with the caption "Hero".
Survivor, yes.
Inspirational, yes.
Hero, no.

CenTexDave
September 10th, 2012, 4:18 PM
Thanksgiving night, Cowboy Stadium, Skins vs Cowboys. Hope Griffin throws for 350 yards and 4 TD and the Cowboys win.

Chief
September 10th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I wonder if the Colts wish they had picked RGIII, But I'm glad they took badLuck.

cnjbond
September 11th, 2012, 8:19 AM
The season is still young...

CenTexDave
September 12th, 2012, 12:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rg3-1st-rookie-qb-win-165904173--nfl.html