Cove beats Waco 43-7
Killeen beats Vandergrift 23-17
Midway beats Consolidated 34-27
Shoemaker beats Nuevo Leon 38-24
Belton beats Stony Point 15-14
Temple beats Westlake 49-42
Ellison loses to Manor 39-12
Heights loses to Round Rock 27-7

It wasn't Nuevo Leon that SHS played. It was Mexico High School from Montery.

xzochye
September 7th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Cove plays Nuevo Leon next week.

onetime
September 8th, 2012, 1:10 AM
Cove plays Nuevo Leon next week.

Either way its one of those schools, I would also like to not that shoemaker is likely screwing their sub varsity kids with that game since their likely isn't one. I wouldn't get to excited about beating that team too. I'd also like to point out my combine record prediction for heights, Ellison, and shoemaker 4-26 combined with heights beating Ellison and shoemaker and shoemaker beating Ellison.

CenTexDave
September 8th, 2012, 5:16 AM
I think it's the same team. Cove has played them the past two years. They come to the Central Texas area knowing they will get beat, but it gives them good competition to get ready for their run to the country's championship, which they always win.

JohnKilleen
September 8th, 2012, 9:31 AM
One of the Mexico teams beat Stephenville last week and another played a pretty tight game with Highland Park last night. These teams seem to be improving by playing the schools in Texas.

jimbob
September 8th, 2012, 11:20 AM
One of the Mexico teams beat Stephenville last week and another played a pretty tight game with Highland Park last night. These teams seem to be improving by playing the schools in Texas.
That team is Monterrey Tech and is the same team that almost beat Highland Park last night and is the SAME team that Neuvo Leon beat for the Mexico championship the last several years. UNL will play Cove tough. Cove exploded on Waco, that surprised me.

CenTexDave
September 8th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah, no QB or RB, right? :))

xzochye
September 8th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I think it's the same team. Cove has played them the past two years. They come to the Central Texas area knowing they will get beat, but it gives them good competition to get ready for their run to the country's championship, which they always win.

Dave, I think your right. For some reason when you look at the schedules the names are different and on Nuevo's schedule (the one I saw anyways) they list SHS but not Cove.

xzochye
September 8th, 2012, 12:41 PM
SHS is finally on the front page of KDH and it is for something positive!

http://kdhnews.com/sports/shoemaker_grey_wolves/article_2d957380-f98a-11e1-be7b-001a4bcf6878.html

xzochye
September 8th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Either way its one of those schools, I would also like to not that shoemaker is likely screwing their sub varsity kids with that game since their likely isn't one. I wouldn't get to excited about beating that team too. I'd also like to point out my combine record prediction for heights, Ellison, and shoemaker 4-26 combined with heights beating Ellison and shoemaker and shoemaker beating Ellison.

I guess we will see. Don't know what you mean by sub varsity being screwed but whatever. As far as Heights go I think you should rethink whatever ideas you have on that one. Last week they lost by 15 points and this week by 20. Those games weren't even close. If anything the season doesn't look good for them.

CenTexDave
September 8th, 2012, 1:00 PM
Yep, looks like Ellilson and Heights are gonna be the district's bottom dwellars.
Where is all that talent we have been told exists? Even with lousy coaching they should do something.

onetime
September 8th, 2012, 5:12 PM
Yep, looks like Ellilson and Heights are gonna be the district's bottom dwellars.
Where is all that talent we have been told exists? Even with lousy coaching they should do something.

The talent in Killeen is really watered down, truthfully most schools that are in large school districts struggle competing against the one horse, stop sign towns, particularly when they are affluent as well. The kisd schools are not going to beat the midways and or coves because the system is flawed all they way around.

siamcat
September 8th, 2012, 8:30 PM
The talent in Killeen is really watered down, truthfully most schools that are in large school districts struggle competing against the one horse, stop sign towns, particularly when they are affluent as well. The kisd schools are not going to beat the midways and or coves because the system is flawed all they way around.

While the season is young and lots of things can happen. I think the Roos have shown a lot of Heart in their two wins. Go Roos!

onetime
September 9th, 2012, 8:25 AM
While the season is young and lots of things can happen. I think the Roos have shown a lot of Heart in their two wins. Go Roos!

I agree I hope they can continue rolling.

RooDawg
September 9th, 2012, 9:56 AM

onetime...i checked the schedule for the shoe's sub varsity teams...it has that the JV and Freshman B team was playing Liberty Hill...it didn't have anything for the the Freshman A team...

blueeagle
September 9th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I love my Roo's!!