PDA

View Full Version : It Starts Tonight

CenTexDave
September 5th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Cowboys and Giants!!!!
How wins and why??

For me - unfortunately I think the Giants win.
Home field. Cowboys missing Ratliff and Witten due to injuries. Other key performers haven't played much during preseason due to injury (Jenkins, Austin, Bryant).
Wouldn't be bad though if DeMarcus Ware blitzes Eli and knocks him out!! :)

circle_c
September 5th, 2012, 2:24 PM
Kinda agree with ya Dave, I would be surprised if Da Boyz win. Eli has a point to prove, but I will be pulling for the Boyz with a positive attitude. :-)

Night Owl
September 5th, 2012, 3:42 PM
Boys 24
Giants 21

Romo pulls triple duty on offense and defense and even helps on special teams. He will be the punter and the place kicker. Romo will kick a 54 yard field goal as the clock runs out for the W. After all he gets the blame for ecery Cowboy loss and this way if they lose at least he was on the field the complete game.

cnjbond
September 5th, 2012, 4:10 PM
Boys 24
Giants 21

Romo pulls triple duty on offense and defense and even helps on special teams. He will be the punter and the place kicker. Romo will kick a 54 yard field goal as the clock runs out for the W. After all he gets the blame for ecery Cowboy loss and this way if they lose at least he was on the field the complete game.
As long as he's not the holder for field goals....:thumbsup

CenTexDave
September 5th, 2012, 4:21 PM
Giants 27, Boys 20.
Romo does fine until the 4th quarter when his line breaks down, he scrambles, tries to make something happen and forces a pass in double coverage. Interception. Giants move down the field and score. Now is 24-20 Giants. Again Romo scrambles, he's blasted from his blind side, the ball squirts out and the Giants recover. Eli works down the clock to under 2:00 and they kick a field goal - final 27-20 Giants.

circle_c
September 5th, 2012, 5:41 PM
Now that I know the ending/s, kinda spoils it for me. Oh well guess I'll have to watch the convention. NOT..:))

CenTexDave
September 5th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Can I change my mind? Didn't know Witten was gonna play. :))

corgifan
September 5th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Dallas just went up 24-10. Collinsworth said exactly what I've been thinking, that Romo is having the best game of his career. He does look great tonight. Very impressive. And the Giants look like kaakaa.

CenTexDave
September 5th, 2012, 10:50 PM
You mean you're not watching the DNC???:))

cnjbond
September 6th, 2012, 12:11 AM
First let me say I'm not much of a Romo fan but that young man played his butt off!!! He looked like pretty good out there and the team overall did good minus all the stupid penalties. This could be an interesting year if they can stay healthy and keep the same intensity for all 16 games!

CenTexDave
September 6th, 2012, 5:35 AM
Ken Ogletree has turned into an excellent receiver. Gives Romo other options.

Night Owl
September 6th, 2012, 6:56 AM
Dang. I missed the score by 4 points. Dang it.

Cowboys 24
Giants 17,

I think Dallas found a defense. Offense has never been the problem, Romo can score with any of the elite qbs. He proved it tonight.

All ya'll Romo naysayers can kiss my ______________!!!!!:))

CenTexDave
September 6th, 2012, 7:39 AM
They did look good last night. Hope they can keep it up.
But you were wrong - Romo didn't kick a 54 yard FG!! :))

sojourner truth
September 6th, 2012, 3:11 PM
I guess I can dig my Cowboys hats and shirts out of hiding now.

They did look pretty good. They need to work on Offensive execution. Especially the usual gang of rascals like Free who have a tendency to negate a lot of yards with false start penalties. Passing game was right on, and Ogletree is going to be a great untapped weapon. Be nice to see some fresh receivers in the mix.

harleygirl
September 6th, 2012, 3:51 PM
1 win down and 15 to go!!!

Ludwig
September 6th, 2012, 4:47 PM
1 win down and 15 to go!!!

Bet you a burger that they won't win more than 8 all season. Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of da boys but I'm also a realist.

Night Owl
September 6th, 2012, 7:59 PM
No you're a pissamist!!!!!:))

cnjbond
September 6th, 2012, 8:25 PM
Dang. I missed the score by 4 points. Dang it.

Cowboys 24
Giants 17,

I think Dallas found a defense. Offense has never been the problem, Romo can score with any of the elite qbs. He proved it tonight.

All ya'll Romo naysayers can kiss my ______________!!!!!:))

Whoa now, no one said he couldn't score with the elite QBs...we'd just prefer he pull out the big wins like the elite QBs and not contribute to the reason they lose. Last year he definitely wasn't the reason they lost, although there were a few throws here and there where he could've pulled out a win despite the team (mainly the defense) playing like crap but he was on target pretty much the whole year. Now let's hope he can do it again with a patchwork O-line in front of him.

xzochye
September 6th, 2012, 8:39 PM
I guess I can dig my Cowboys hats and shirts out of hiding now.

Don't get too happy yet!

sojourner truth
September 6th, 2012, 8:58 PM
No you're a pissamist!!!!!:))

Pissamist is what happens when you urinate through a screen door.:)

Night Owl
September 7th, 2012, 6:47 AM
That was an intentional spelling error, just for Ludwig!!!!:)

harleygirl
September 7th, 2012, 9:47 AM
Bet you a burger that they won't win more than 8 all season. Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of da boys but I'm also a realist.

Maybe so, but i like to have faith in my boys, even if they do let me down sometime. :)