PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Raiders Preseason Game

CenTexDave
August 13th, 2012, 8:40 PM
On ESPN.
They both look like crap. :))

sojourner truth
August 13th, 2012, 9:19 PM
I was flipping between 2 disasters...Cowboys?raiders, and Rangers/Yankees. Guess I need to find my ball cap that hasn't got a logo on it.

CenTexDave
August 13th, 2012, 10:00 PM
OMG!! Cowboys win 3 - 0. What a waste of 3 hours of my time. :))

CenTexDave
August 14th, 2012, 7:30 AM
A couple of things stuck out in last night's game:
1. Dallas's offensive line absolutely sucks. They better find a decent backup QB. Neither Orton nor McGee looked good.
2. Oakland's third QB - Terrell Pryor is an absolute joke. I can't believe Oakland wasted a draft pick on this guy. I remember when he was the hot, sought after kid in high school and signed with Ohio State. He was rated the number 1 dual-option QB in the country. The number 2 QB in that high school class was a kid named Griffin. :))

Ludwig
August 14th, 2012, 9:21 AM
... Dallas's offensive line absolutely sucks. They better find a decent backup QB. Neither Orton nor McGee looked good.
And Romo did not look any better. Had they played against a good offense, their defense would not have looked nearly as good either. It does not look good for Dallas at all.

sojourner truth
August 14th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Yeppers, Romo did not look good. But you have to admit that his offensive line was a seive. More holes than my 1969 jeans. Hard to complete a pass when you're on your butt. The rushing game was a laugh too.

Ludwig
August 14th, 2012, 10:40 AM
So, I guess that since none of the QBs of Dallas looked good, we can pass the blame to the offensive line so we can justify the high salaries for the QBs. Nothing in Dallas is ever the QB's fault. It's either the line or the receivers... never the passer's... fault. Right :rolleyes

sojourner truth
August 14th, 2012, 1:08 PM
I reread my post a couple of times and didn't see that conclusion anywhere in there. Must be wearing those crap colored glasses you pick the nits out of everyones post with again. The offensive line has a hole the size of Texas in the middle that needs to be sewn shut. Romo has been on my S***list ever since they got him. He's not the answer as far as I'm concerned. Of course it's called a TEAM for a reason, and I saw plenty of times where Romo had to escape before he had a chance to get the ball off. Even in quick screen passes. I mean, the guy needs a second or 2 to set up the play. Now, given a second or 2, if he can't get the ball to the target, I put the blame on him.

The best you could say about last nights game was that Oakland was a little worse than the cowboys were. If that $4million kicking combo of theirs would have been clicking, it would have gone to OT.

Lets just say the season is young, and there is a lot of room for improvement. Same as every year.

Ludwig
August 14th, 2012, 1:29 PM
I reread my post a couple of times and didn't see that conclusion anywhere in there. Must be wearing those crap colored glasses you pick the nits out of everyones post with again...

When I refer to someone's post I usually quote the portion to which I'm responding. I did not quote, nor address you in my post, merely expressed my observation from this thread overall. It would seem that the "crap colored glasses" are sitting on your nose today. :)

CenTexDave
August 14th, 2012, 2:45 PM
Usually an offensive line that is not very good in protecting the QB is at least decent in blocking for the running game. They did neither last night.
At least a couple more weeks to get it together or it will be another frustrating year.

kantwin
August 14th, 2012, 3:23 PM
Ummm...

sojourner truth
August 14th, 2012, 4:40 PM
Well, I suppose we can pray for "hope and change" in their behalf. I mean, they do have Jerry, so they won't ever need a bailout at least.

xzochye
August 14th, 2012, 8:09 PM

harleygirl
August 15th, 2012, 4:16 PM
Just seen that Jason wittin has a spleen injury on msn, idk about this year. :(

cnjbond
August 15th, 2012, 7:28 PM
Just seen that Jason wittin has a spleen injury on msn, idk about this year. :(
Did you see the play that it happened on? RIDICULOUS!!! I tell you, if it wasn't for bad luck the Cowboys wouldn't have any luck at all!!!

CenTexDave
August 15th, 2012, 9:28 PM
Hopefully he'll be back if they can control it. If not and he has surgery there goes a great TE for half the season.