PDA

View Full Version : Your Children Are in Danger

Ludwig
August 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM
If you care for the welfare of your child, I urge you to take time to read this article. It is chilling. A sample:

You aren’t compelled to loan your car to anyone who wants it, but you are compelled to surrender your school-age child to strangers who process children for a livelihood, even though one in every nine schoolchildren is terrified of physical harm happening to them in school, terrified with good cause; about thirty-three are murdered there every year. From 1992 through 1999, 262 children were murdered in school in the United States. Your great-great-grandmother didn’t have to surrender her children. What happened?

If I demanded you give up your television to an anonymous, itinerant repairman who needed work you’d think I was crazy; if I came with a policeman who forced you to pay that repairman even after he broke your set, you would be outraged. Why are you so docile when you give up your child to a government agent called a schoolteacher?

See the remainder of the article at: http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/underground/prologue.htm

You may also want to listen to what radio commentator Neil Boortz has to say at: http://www.boortz.com/videos/news/neal-boortz-faux-commencement-speech/vWz/

The teachers are not at fault, neither are the administrators. This lies at the door of our government. We need to bring about change.

IronErnin
August 11th, 2012, 12:08 PM
The first hole in this. You CAN opt to educate your children privately. Then there is always homeschooling.

sojourner truth
August 11th, 2012, 1:36 PM
Are there any figures that state how many children actually escape the clutches of the evil system and survive and graduate to become solid citizens? Hmmm. Seems the odds are in our favor.:)

cityboy
October 15th, 2012, 6:13 AM
Wow, no wonder people view the schools as they do ...

liessemsed
October 15th, 2012, 2:04 PM
And the other thing... why surrender them to strangers? As a parent (and granted, I have my daughter at the same school I teach at and know the faculty) I would make it my duty to know and meet and become familiar with my child's teachers. I want my kids teachers to know who I am and I want them to know that I want to know them as well. If you surrender them to strangers, that's your own fault as a parent. At least hand them over to an acquaintance who will hopefully become your ally in your child's education.

christine
October 15th, 2012, 2:18 PM
And the other thing... why surrender them to strangers? As a parent (and granted, I have my daughter at the same school I teach at and know the faculty) I would make it my duty to know and meet and become familiar with my child's teachers. I want my kids teachers to know who I am and I want them to know that I want to know them as well. If you surrender them to strangers, that's your own fault as a parent. At least hand them over to an acquaintance who will hopefully become your ally in your child's education.

I agree. As a parent we can't be with our children 24-7 but we can do the rational and responsible things to safeguard them.
Really sad this person who wrote the article must think theres danger around every turn...how limited their life must be.

skindog
October 15th, 2012, 11:56 PM
IMHO, the teacher's only job is teaching reading, writing, arithmetic, history, etc. It is NOT their job to teach them responsibility, how to win at life, how to live within their means, or to be decent people in general. Unfortunately, the ones who are responsible for that fail on a regular basis, and they're usually the ones who blame the teachers.