PDA

View Full Version : CTT Fantasy Football League

Night Owl
July 6th, 2012, 3:00 PM
Who would be interested in playing in a CTT fantasy football league. The league would use an on line site such as Yahoo.

cnjbond
July 6th, 2012, 4:16 PM
I'm in!

CenTexDave
July 6th, 2012, 5:03 PM
As unreal as this sounds, you'll have to explain this to me. I've never bothered with one - ever.
I'd rather see another weekly pick'em contest.

cnjbond
July 6th, 2012, 6:03 PM
As unreal as this sounds, you'll have to explain this to me. I've never bothered with one - ever.
I'd rather see another weekly pick'em contest.

I used to laugh at guys playing those fantasy sports........until I tried it, and then I was hooked! It's like "Dungeons and Dragons" or "World of Warcraft" for sports nuts.

CenTexDave
July 6th, 2012, 8:17 PM
Never played those either. :))

Night Owl
July 6th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I'll explain it to you Dave. If you like watching the NFL you will love fantasy football. You will own players on probably half the teams. They do good and so do you. They don't and you suck.

RooDawg
July 6th, 2012, 10:56 PM
i'm in

RockinRita
July 9th, 2012, 1:32 PM
I am in!

Night Owl
July 9th, 2012, 2:51 PM
We have 4. I know Rita wants a auction leauge but I am in favor of a draft league.

What kind of lineup?
QB
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
RB/WR
TE
K
ST

$20 buy in. $2 for each loss. Tiescost each team $1. $1 for each player traded. $1 to pick up a free agent.

At the end of the season it comes to about $50 per person.

Playoff

Payout 50% - winner
25% - second
15% - third
10%- fourth

Plaque cost comes out of funds first.

Comish gets $0 unless he/she is first-fourth.

1 pt for ten yards rushing receiving
1 point for 25 yards passing
.25 pont for each rush, receiving or pass completion
etc
etc

cnjbond
July 9th, 2012, 3:55 PM
Sounds good to me but I would add defense as well.

corgifan
July 9th, 2012, 4:21 PM
I only play the ESPN leagues.

Night Owl
July 9th, 2012, 4:25 PM
ST=Special Teams. You play a teams defense, not individual players. But if that is what everyone wants, so be it.

xzochye
July 9th, 2012, 6:22 PM
I love watching football but all of this fantasy stuff is way over my head! :-(

RockinRita
July 10th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Auction leagues are so much fun! The commish should never get any money unless they place. We have tried all of the FF leagues online and Yahoo is the best. The first year of our league 1989, we had to compile stats manually by watching TV and reading the paper. THAT my friends is love of the game :)

cnjbond
July 10th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Auction leagues are so much fun! The commish should never get any money unless they place. We have tried all of the FF leagues online and Yahoo is the best. The first year of our league 1989, we had to compile stats manually by watching TV and reading the paper. THAT my friends is love of the game :)
I agree, Yahoo is the best one that I've played in so far...very easy to use!

Night Owl
July 10th, 2012, 11:18 AM
One leauge I am in started in 2000 and I was the commish. We used USA Today as the offical paper. It took about 2 hours to compile all the info. Yahoo has made it simple to do. I have used ESPN and CBSSports sites nd they don't come close to Yahoo.

Rick
July 10th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Not sure if I'll play, I never have. I can easily make a special section for you guys to discuss it if you want.

Night Owl
July 10th, 2012, 3:50 PM
please

RockinRita
July 10th, 2012, 3:53 PM
Not sure if I'll play, I never have. I can easily make a special section for you guys to discuss it if you want.

Rick ROCKS!!!

cnjbond
August 26th, 2012, 2:07 AM
When are we gonna get this fantasy league started?!!!!!!!:thumbsup

Rick
September 1st, 2012, 3:00 PM
Who's going to run it and what do you need from me?

cnjbond
September 1st, 2012, 8:17 PM
I thought either Night Owl or Rockin Rita were gonna run it. We really wouldn't need anything special from the admins here because everything is done on the Fantasy League site. The chat feature might be cool to talk trash to the person we're going against that week...that is, if we actually used it this time. :)

gvls78
September 2nd, 2012, 1:42 AM
I'm in if you still have room!!