PDA

View Full Version : So long Kevin Sumlin

onetime
June 29th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Not a big Aggie fan although I do try to keep up with them for Scales, Showers, and the Manziel kid, but will Kevin Sumlin last with a new AD getting hired today? Most of those guys like to bring their own guys in, this guy brought in Steve Spurrier at S.C. and Gary patterson at TCU and both seemed to improve the standings and play of the school, at least in regards to football, is there anything else that is a cash cow for revenues though, maybe basketball. Sumlin is about to get bent over in the SEC, considering that they struggled in downward trending big 12 conference last year. I wonder if he can make it two years, I see a lot of blow outs coming their way.

cnjbond
June 30th, 2012, 3:18 PM
You're probably right. Those boosters won't sit by and let the Aggies be the whipping boys of the SEC for long and there's no longer the chance to buy time during a terrible season with a win over UT...good luck!

CenTexDave
June 30th, 2012, 7:53 PM
Read today one of his incoming freshmen, a QB, was arrested. The kid was in the running for the starting QB job.
Be interesting to see what he does.

onetime
June 30th, 2012, 8:57 PM
Read today one of his incoming freshmen, a QB, was arrested. The kid was in the running for the starting QB job.
Be interesting to see what he does.

I doubt anything happens for that, boys will be boys

CenTexDave
July 1st, 2012, 9:38 AM
Kid had three driver's licenses with phony dates of birth so he could enter clubs and drink.
Then was involved in a fight.
I forget what they are charging him with, but was still in College Station jail as of Saturday.:))

onetime
July 1st, 2012, 9:43 AM
Kid had three driver's licenses with phony dates of birth so he could enter clubs and drink.
Then was involved in a fight.
I forget what they are charging him with, but was still in College Station jail as of Saturday.:))

What do you think? Slap on the wrist (community service) or will he do some additional time in jail? I say community service probation and the record will be expunged.

CenTexDave
July 1st, 2012, 10:13 AM
Most likely slap on wrist, probation,etc. What A&M's coach will do I have no idea.
I was surprised this kid was named as being in the mix for the starting QB job. I always thought that Shoemaker's former QB (Jermeil Showers???) had the inside track to the starting QB position.

onetime
July 1st, 2012, 10:42 AM
Most likely slap on wrist, probation,etc. What A&M's coach will do I have no idea.
I was surprised this kid was named as being in the mix for the starting QB job. I always thought that Shoemaker's former QB (Jermeil Showers???) had the inside track to the starting QB position.

Dave I love the naivety, the reason for doing this is simple Showers is a sophomore and Manziel is a Freshman, if Showers was a senior or possibly a junior next year they would have named him the starter and told Manziel you'll get your shot in a year or two. However, since both are around the same classification and both fairly young they want to prevent one them from transferring to another school until the starter has declared himself the rightful starter. If Showers (who will be the starter going into the season) goes out and has a monster year next year and doesn't miss a beat then Manziel and possibly the other kid will likely transfer to a smaller school or sit out a year to go to another d1 or vice versa with Manziel as the starter. Texas is doing the exact same thing with Mccoy and Ash since neither one of them had a stellar year last year, although Ash had a little more or that it factor. They want to keep Mccoy from transferring.