PDA

View Full Version : Who will be in the 2012 World Series

Night Owl
May 24th, 2012, 2:41 PM
Select your teams from the list above.

Good Luck!!!!

sojourner truth
May 24th, 2012, 2:45 PM
If the Rangers don't start getting their bats out of the bag, and get rid of some of that abyssmal starting pitching, it may be Seattle and the Angels.

Night Owl
May 24th, 2012, 3:09 PM
They are in a slight slump. Hopefully they will get out of it soon.

sojourner truth
May 24th, 2012, 6:00 PM
Yep...I wonder if Michael Young is waiting till October. Still, Colby, Harrison and Lowe sure look bad. I always wonder why Ron Washington waits until the 6th inning to pull them no matter how many runs they are giving up.

CenTexDave
May 30th, 2012, 7:27 AM
They just signed Roy Oswalt, but not sure how much he has left in the tank.
Detroit is playing like crap now also.

sojourner truth
May 30th, 2012, 7:36 AM
Yep...That means someone needs to go down. After watching Feldman lose his 4th game in a row last night, I have a suggestion for the Rangers. He has a few fellow pitchers who need to start getting the job done or fear the axe as well. Harrison seems to be getting it together, and even Lewis looked pretty good the last few times out. The bats are still pretty sporadic. I think what bothers me the most is how they can beat the best teams in the league and fail so miserably with the cellar dwellers.

CenTexDave
May 30th, 2012, 8:31 AM
I know. And now the Angels are heating up. The Rangers need to start getting it together or it will be a long and hot summer.

sojourner truth
May 31st, 2012, 8:38 AM
Don't know if I can say any more about the lack of an effective bullpen and starting pitching than the game last night can. Their best starters can't get the job done, and they can't rely on their boomsticks any more. That game was a disgrace in front of the home fans....Seattle isn't that good. C'mon boys. Time for Nolan to spend some money on someone who can pitch. When a high salaried starter can't make it through 3 innings, and the relievers can't either, someon needs to take an honest look at where the team needs to go.

Night Owl
May 31st, 2012, 9:38 AM
One game, one night. Happens to every team. They re still in first in the West. Can't get much better than that. Still have a 5 game lead over the Angels.

Ludwig
May 31st, 2012, 9:42 AM
One aw sh*t negates a thousand at-a-boys. When winners lose one they become losers. When losers win one they become heroes. That's just the way we irrational animals emote.

CenTexDave
May 31st, 2012, 10:54 AM
Nice football score last night, Rangers blown out 21-8!! And the Astros did no better getting stomped 15-8.

sojourner truth
May 31st, 2012, 11:52 AM
One game, one night. Happens to every team. They re still in first in the West. Can't get much better than that. Still have a 5 game lead over the Angels.

First 8 run innings back to back ever...I guess when you're in Texas you always do things bigger. 5 Games goes pretty quickly I you have no starting pitching. Yu, maybe. Harrison looked better last 2 times out, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Napoli, Kinsler, Young, Cruz, all having issues with the bat. Andrus is the only real bright spot in the order. That surprised me. They do have some nice backup talent though. Seems like fielding errors are getting worse though. Still, there's a long season ahead of us.

sojourner truth
June 9th, 2012, 7:15 PM
Anyone want to change their picks yet? I don't believe I have ever seen the boys in this sort of a slump since I moved here in 86. Guess I'd better do a little praying for 'em. Lord knows nothing else seems to be working.

CenTexDave
June 9th, 2012, 8:10 PM
Season is only 1/3 gone. Chicago White Sox are the hot team now, but doubt they can keep it up all season.

xzochye
June 9th, 2012, 9:22 PM
Season is only 1/3 gone. Chicago White Sox are the hot team now, but doubt they can keep it up all season.

Hopefully they will keep it up another month or so. Have tickets to see them in mid July.

CenTexDave
June 9th, 2012, 9:33 PM
Where, in Chicago??

xzochye
June 9th, 2012, 9:35 PM
Kansas City against the Royals. We are going to the All Star game and to see Royals vs Sox

sojourner truth
June 9th, 2012, 9:35 PM
I'm really trying to figure out what is going on with them now. Their starting pitchers who were great are falling apart, and the ones who stink have actually been doing pretty good. Their batting is horrible. Elvis is hitting better than all the rest and that is unusual. Michael Young, Cruz, and the rest of the big bats are just standing there watching strikes go by like a house on the side of the road. Very unsettling.