PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Parade of Homes

cnjbond
April 14th, 2012, 11:56 PM
We went today and checked out a few of the homes in this year's Parade of Homes and can't say that we were overly impressed. Don't get me wrong, there were some nice houses but none that really left you saying "WOW"! A few of the builders stood out with their custom design elements (Riley Scott, Arnold builders & although small in scale, Kiela's showing had nice attention to detail.

If you're bored the rest of this weekend and next, I'd recommend spending the $5 (plus a tank of gas driving around to all the different houses) and checking out the local builders.

2012 Parade of Homes (http://www.tahb.org/parade)

JoAnn Purser
April 15th, 2012, 7:49 AM
The Central Texas Home Builders Association
will hold our local (Copperas Cove, Killeen, Harker Heights and Nolanville) Parade of Homes

May 12 -13
May 19 -20

1 pm to 5 pm

When the map and listing of homes is posted I will update.

cityboy
April 15th, 2012, 8:13 AM
Sounds like a fun time ... :rolleyes

cnjbond
April 15th, 2012, 3:32 PM
Sounds like a fun time ... :rolleyes

Oh come on now, it's not that bad...I have to find SOMETHING to fill my weekends since football season is over! :thumbsup

finalbowser
April 15th, 2012, 4:32 PM
Did you visit #13?

Ludwig
April 15th, 2012, 5:05 PM
We went today and checked out a few of the homes in this year's Parade of Homes and can't say that we were overly impressed. Don't get me wrong, there were some nice houses but none that really left you saying "WOW"! A few of the builders stood out with their custom design elements (Riley Scott, Arnold builders & although small in scale, Kiela's showing had nice attention to detail.

If you're bored the rest of this weekend and next, I'd recommend spending the $5 (plus a tank of gas driving around to all the different houses) and checking out the local builders.

2012 Parade of Homes (http://www.tahb.org/parade)

Whereas I have freely chosen Killeen as my hometown, this is of no interest to me.

Ludwig
April 15th, 2012, 5:06 PM
will hold our local (Copperas Cove, Killeen, Harker Heights and Nolanville) Parade of Homes

May 12 -13
May 19 -20

1 pm to 5 pm

I will be looking for what is offered in Killeen. Thanks, JoAnn.

Texas Immigrant
April 15th, 2012, 5:11 PM

May 12 -13
May 19 -20

1 pm to 5 pm

Is there going to be a cost for this one? If it's free, I might try to make it, if not I've got other things I need to do. I like looking and getting ideas.

cnjbond
April 15th, 2012, 6:12 PM
Did you visit #13?
That was the 1st one on our list...the backyard was HUGE! We also liked the outdoor patio and the master closet but nothing else was overly impressive.

cnjbond
April 15th, 2012, 6:26 PM
Whereas I have freely chosen Killeen as my hometown, this is of no interest to me.

To my knowledge the builders can work anywhere. The Parade of Homes isn't necessarily for BUYING one of the houses on show but also to get ideas and check out the craftsmanship of the local builders. We'll hopefully begin building our custom (RETIREMENT) home a few years from now...it's never too early to start the process...

cnjbond
April 15th, 2012, 6:38 PM

May 12 -13
May 19 -20

1 pm to 5 pm

Thanks for the info JoAnn. I'm curious as to why there are two separate Home Builder Associations for this area?

JoAnn Purser
April 15th, 2012, 6:54 PM
One is in Temple the other is the greater Fort Hood area.

cnjbond
April 15th, 2012, 7:13 PM
One is in Temple the other is the greater Fort Hood area.
I always thought Temple and Belton were also considered part of the Greater Fort Hood area...but now I know, thanks.

cnjbond
May 1st, 2012, 12:11 PM
JoAnn,

Any news yet on the Central Texas Area Parade of Homes?

JoAnn Purser
May 2nd, 2012, 6:51 AM
The parade book is being printed this week. When it is complete the map link will be ready and I will post.

Here is the link to the association website

http://www.cthba.com/Default.aspx?page=ParadeOfHomes

cnjbond
May 2nd, 2012, 12:10 PM
The parade book is being printed this week. When it is complete the map link will be ready and I will post.

Here is the link to the association website

http://www.cthba.com/Default.aspx?page=ParadeOfHomes

I've already been checking that site almost daily! :)

cnjbond
May 8th, 2012, 1:06 PM
A little birdy told me that the Parade of Homes book MIGHT be availble for pickup by Thursday at their office in HH.

JoAnn Purser
May 10th, 2012, 4:54 AM
The books are available for pick up.

cnjbond
May 10th, 2012, 8:09 AM
The online PDF version of the Magazine is available as well:

2012 Parade Of Homes (http://www.cthba.com/Default.aspx?page=ParadeOfHomes)

Texas Immigrant
May 10th, 2012, 8:41 AM
This might be a nice Mother's Day activity...

cnjbond
May 10th, 2012, 8:44 AM
The best part is that it's FREE!!! :)

cnjbond
May 12th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Today was the first day of the Central Texas HBA Parade of Homes and sadly there wasn't anything too impressive. We viewed the home in Nolanville, 3 in the Springs at the Escarpment and the Eddie Vale home near the lake. The Vale home was the only one that seemed to embrace the Parade of Homes ideal. The other showings felt more like open houses than a builder's showcase that you come to expect with a Parade of Homes...granted this is the first Central Texas HBA that I've attended, so this may be the norm for this area.

Texas Immigrant
May 13th, 2012, 8:41 AM
We're just going to tour the ones close to us, so it won't be a waste of gas if it's not that good. I'm a dreamer, so I like to get ideas for my dreams.

cnjbond
May 13th, 2012, 10:39 PM
We're just going to tour the ones close to us, so it won't be a waste of gas if it's not that good. I'm a dreamer, so I like to get ideas for my dreams.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone else from going. I'm just used to Parade of Homes showing cutting edge or unique designs and as I said before, these were more representative of your typical model home open house showings.

I will add that we liked the flooring design in the DeWald home...it was a neat mixture of wood and tile.