PDA

View Full Version : Hot tea bag/compress for a stye

ItsMe
April 14th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Does it work? Has anyone had any experience with it? I have one that I need to get rid of that I'd rather poke with a burning fire rod, but I guess I'll try the safest way first. UGH.

JoAnn Purser
April 14th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Chamomile Is best for relief. Hotter the better. Good luck

Ludwig
April 15th, 2012, 4:08 PM
Most styes heal within a few days on their own. Applying warm compresses for 10 to 15 minutes four times daily relieves pain and inflammation and helps the stye resolve faster; it is the warmth and moisture rather than content of the compress, that brings the benefit. Remember to not squeeze the stye. Let it burst on its own.

ItsMe
April 15th, 2012, 5:26 PM
Most styes heal within a few days on their own. Applying warm compresses for 10 to 15 minutes four times daily relieves pain and inflammation and helps the stye resolve faster; it is the warmth and moisture rather than content of the compress, that brings the benefit. Remember to not squeeze the stye. Let it burst on its own.
I did a VERY hot tea bag for a while (over a period of an hour) last night and it must have done the trick because I don't feel the pain anymore. It was hurting like the dickens for about a week.