PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods

cnjbond
March 25th, 2012, 5:09 PM
Can Tiger hold on to the lead to win his first Tour victory in over 2 years? Looks like he just might...it'll be a good tune up to the Masters next month if he can. There'll definitely be stiffer competition too!

cnjbond
April 9th, 2012, 9:03 AM
Guess the competition and the demons rattling around in his head were too much for him.

kantwin
April 9th, 2012, 9:19 AM
Lack of focus.
Look how Bubba held it together until it was over.
Focus, man, focus.

Night Owl
April 9th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Bubba, now that is a name for a golfer.

CenTexDave
April 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I think Tiger is finished.

cnjbond
April 9th, 2012, 12:12 PM
You might be right Dave. This was his chance to prove (mostly to himself) that he still has it...I think his "IT" has left the building!

cityboy
April 9th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I think Tiger is finished. I think you're right. And that display of his at the Master's certainly didn't gain him any respect from me (excessive profanity, throwing and kicking clubs,etc.). I was one of those willing to overlook his personal-life "transgressions," but his act is wearing thin. If he wants his legacy to be be something other than a world-class jerk who dominated golf for a decade, he really needs to think about coming down off his high horse and showing the public some genuine humility and humanness.

CenTexDave
April 9th, 2012, 2:31 PM
I didn't watch the Masters, but read about it. I think he's losing it. What a shame - was one of the all time greats.

Night Owl
April 9th, 2012, 2:41 PM
Could have been but won't be remembered that way. An all time great is around for decades not just one.

cnjbond
March 25th, 2013, 4:21 PM
Looks like we all might have been wrong:

pga-tour-tiger-woods-wins-arnold-palmer-invitational-at-bay-hill-to-return-to-number-1-ranking (http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/pga-tour-tiger-woods-wins-arnold-palmer-invitational-at-bay-hill-to-return-to-number-1-ranking-032513)

CenTexDave
March 25th, 2013, 5:16 PM
I thought the BCS rankings were a sham!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))

cnjbond
March 25th, 2013, 5:22 PM
I thought the BCS rankings were a sham!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))

He still needs to win at least a major to seal the deal.

Night Owl
March 25th, 2013, 5:33 PM
The greatest golfer tag is more than playing golf. Tiger will never be the golfer of the all time greats. He will never be an ambassador to the game. His public image will forever be tarnished.

mac
March 25th, 2013, 6:24 PM
hasn't tiger just recently won (this year) 2 or 3 biggies?.......i'm not a golfer but i thought i heard rush sayin' something about his recent wins the other day.....mac

Can Tiger hold on to the lead to win his first Tour victory in over 2 years? Looks like he just might...it'll be a good tune up to the Masters next month if he can. There'll definitely be stiffer competition too!

cnjbond
March 25th, 2013, 6:37 PM
hasn't tiger just recently won (this year) 2 or 3 biggies?.......i'm not a golfer but i thought i heard rush sayin' something about his recent wins the other day.....mac
Those were the regular PGA tour events (not to take anything away from the regular tour events), but he hasn't won any of the 4 Major events in several years now. Those are the ones that a golfer is judged on and plus he's still chasing Jack Nicklaus' career total of 18 majors.

CenTexDave
March 25th, 2013, 7:48 PM
The Masters is soon. Let's see how he does there. It would not surprise me at all if:
(1) He wins, or
(2) He doesn't survive the first cut.

siamcat
March 25th, 2013, 8:10 PM
Could have been but won't be remembered that way. An all time great is around for decades not just one.

In my opinion a "great" has to have three things. Skills, humility, and character. Tiger Woods might have skill ( I don't follow golf so I'm not one to judge his skill), but he lacks the other two.

cityboy
March 26th, 2013, 6:50 AM
No, he's absolutely one of the all-time greats. But will he be remembered the same way as other greats like Snead, Palmer, Nicklaus? No, he won't. Because he still won't let the public see the "real" Tiger Woods. Or maybe that's just the way he is, who knows?

Rick
March 26th, 2013, 7:41 AM
Ya, but can he do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10jORLiU7Ak

mac
March 26th, 2013, 10:24 AM
well.....i don't know 'bout that "humulity" stuff. there have been some awful great champions who weren't humble in the least. cassius clay comes to mind.......amoungst many many others....hell's fire, even tyson was more humble than ali........mac

In my opinion a "great" has to have three things. Skills, humility, and character. Tiger Woods might have skill ( I don't follow golf so I'm not one to judge his skill), but he lacks the other two.

siamcat
March 26th, 2013, 7:48 PM
No, he's absolutely one of the all-time greats. But will he be remembered the same way as other greats like Snead, Palmer, Nicklaus? No, he won't. Because he still won't let the public see the "real" Tiger Woods. Or maybe that's just the way he is, who knows?

Skillwise maybe. When I think of all-time greats, I'm thinking Steve Yzerman, Wayne Gretzky and Nick Lindstrom. Sorry, it's a different sport but those are they type of athletes I consider all-time greats.
Personally I put athletes in two categories. One is great athletes as far as ability goes who will be remembered for a long time, and then all-time greats who will be talked about 100 years from now. For me you need more then records to fall into the all-time great category. Primadonnas can have records, but they will flash and be gone to maybe return. Sergei Fedorov is a prime example for me ( again sorry different sport) of a Primadonna.

CenTexDave
March 27th, 2013, 9:51 AM
Who???????? :))

bbh
March 31st, 2013, 10:42 PM
Ya, but can he do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10jORLiU7Ak

I've never been a Sergio fan, but that is incredible!