PDA

View Full Version : New Baylor Football Stadium?

corgifan
March 14th, 2012, 3:49 PM
I see there's talk about building a new football stadium for Baylor. What's wrong with the old one?

Night Owl
March 14th, 2012, 3:55 PM
The $500 million that was donated by McLain to build Baylor a new stadium.

Ludwig
March 14th, 2012, 3:58 PM
I see there's talk about building a new football stadium for Baylor. What's wrong with the old one?

I cannot help but wonder why this is anyone's concern other than the administrators of that PRIVATE institution. The new one is being funded by a very rich man in Temple, Mr. McLane, who, by the way pays taxes and employs many people. He's a giver, not a taker. God bless him.

cnjbond
March 14th, 2012, 4:28 PM
I just hope Baylor is able to continue to get good talent on the field to be competitive. Baylor being as good as they were this year is like a Halley's Comet event...it don't happen very often!! I remember UTEP having a decent season or two and making additions to the stadium. Now the home games look even more depressing with all the extra empty seats that weren't there before!

Night Owl
March 14th, 2012, 4:45 PM
A new stadium will be a great recruiting tool for Baylor.

CenTexDave
March 14th, 2012, 5:21 PM
I think Art Briles will recruit enough talent to make them competitive. Last year's team was exceptional. Of course, a player like RG3 only comes along once a decade or so.

Gramps
March 14th, 2012, 6:01 PM
I think it's a step down in capacity. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I saw a report earlier today that said Floyd Casey seated around 50,000 and that the new stadium would seat 45,000, expandable to 55,000.

I just hope Baylor is able to continue to get good talent on the field to be competitive. Baylor being as good as they were this year is like a Halley's Comet event...it don't happen very often!! I remember UTEP having a decent season or two and making additions to the stadium. Now the home games look even more depressing with all the extra empty seats that weren't there before!

corgifan
March 14th, 2012, 6:08 PM
As usual the haters swarm in and attack. Did I say it was a bad idea? Did I complain about who's funding it? All I asked was what was wrong with their old stadium? I've been to a couple of games. Seemed ok to me. And it is conveniently located near Katy's Custard.

Rick
March 14th, 2012, 6:22 PM
Who are you calling "haters"?

Show me anywhere where anyone "swarmed and attacked" anyone else.

corgifan
March 14th, 2012, 7:05 PM
I wouldn't expect you to see it Rick. Just my whiney ass opinion.

Rick
March 14th, 2012, 7:23 PM
I'm giving you the opportunity to show an attack. You can have your expectations, but if you are going to accuse people and call them names, you should be adult enough to support your claim.

Name the "swarming" and "attacking" haters please.

blueeagle
March 14th, 2012, 7:44 PM
I hate to see a new one just from a historical point of view. Floyd Casey has a lot of history behind it, that plus my uncles name, Adrian Burk, is on the ring around the top!!

CenTexDave
March 15th, 2012, 4:17 AM
Nothing is really wrong with Floyd Casey Stadium except it is not on the Baylor Campus.
I think they want a stadium that is on campus near their new state of the art practice facilities.

jimbob
March 16th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Lot of money for cosmetics. Floyd Casey is fine. Add 3-5 million and it would be swank.:) Art wants a new stadium. Heisman winners add fame. Wins add attendance.

Grammar Rules
March 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM
My husband is a Baylor grad, so we follow some of the goings-on. This new stadium has been planned for a long time, but that's about all we know. Parking around the old stadium is scarce. There aren't any plans to demolish Floyd Casey are there?

Night Owl
March 16th, 2012, 2:08 PM
All I did was answer your question. I didn't hate or swarm and attack. I just answered the question you asked.

cnjbond
March 16th, 2012, 2:46 PM
My husband is a Baylor grad, so we follow some of the goings-on. This new stadium has been planned for a long time, but that's about all we know. Parking around the old stadium is scarce. There aren't any plans to demolish Floyd Casey are there?

I HATED trying to find a place to park at Floyd Casey!!!

xzochye
March 16th, 2012, 3:43 PM
I HATED trying to find a place to park at Floyd Casey!!!

We went to a game there this year and had to park in a field a million miles from the stadium.

CenTexDave
May 17th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Another major donation for the stadium: http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Baylor_Receives_Third_Major_Donation_For_250_Milli on_Football_Stadium_151887225.html

That is the third big donation since last season.
Seems to me this new stadium should be named Robert Griffin III Stadium. He's the only reason Baylor resurrected a down trodden program and is now getting interest.

cnjbond
May 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Another major donation for the stadium: http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Baylor_Receives_Third_Major_Donation_For_250_Milli on_Football_Stadium_151887225.html

That is the third big donation since last season.
Seems to me this new stadium should be named Robert Griffin III Stadium. He's the only reason Baylor resurrected a down trodden program and is now getting interest.

Now the question is whether they will be able to ride his coattail of success to produce a competitive team on a continual basis! It'll be sad to have that nice new stadium and a crappy team...just ask old Jerry how that's working out for him! :)

CenTexDave
May 17th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I think Art Briles has recruited some good talent. The past 3 years woke up many high school recruits.
I doubt they will match the past two years' success this year, they just lost a helluva lot of talent (not just Griffin either), but Nick Flowers (???) was highly regarded in high school (Garland) and many thought he would beat out Griffin for the starting QB slot. He played well when Griffin was out.
Still have to beef up that defense. It was pretty crappy last year. They brought in a highly thought of D coordinator last year, but he simply did not have the talent and it was a new system.
Don't know if they can ever beat out UT or Oklahoma consistently though, although I loved it last year when they sent the Horns and Sooners down to defeat. :)):))

Ang
May 17th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I have so much respect for Kim Mulkey...Recently met her and had a photo taken with her. If it can some how make things better for her, I'm all for it. Don't know the rich guy, but last I checked, we can still spend the majority of our own money on what we choose to spend it on.

Night Owl
May 17th, 2012, 1:06 PM
Still wanting to know who the swarmers and haters are. Corgi you figured who it was yet?:))

cnjbond
May 17th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I have so much respect for Kim Mulkey...Recently met her and had a photo taken with her. If it can some how make things better for her, I'm all for it. Don't know the rich guy, but last I checked, we can still spend the majority of our own money on what we choose to spend it on.

Nope, last I checked, you can spend all your money on what you choose to spend it on. Still doesn't prevent someone from wondering whether or not it was a wise investment. I'm from the school of thought that it's better to learn from other's mistakes than to see them and repeat them.

corgifan
May 20th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Still wanting to know who the swarmers and haters are. Corgi you figured who it was yet?
Aww you twyng to howt my feewings??
LOL!

Night Owl
May 20th, 2012, 1:21 PM
Nope just trying to show what kind of person you are. And you keep making my case for me. Thanks.