PDA

View Full Version : NFL moves 1st game to Wednesday to avoid Obama

TheOldProgrammer
February 29th, 2012, 6:37 AM
This is such a load of 'bovine divinity' if I ever heard it...

From Yahoo Sports:

NEW YORK (AP)—Powerful as the NFL is, it’s making way for President Barack Obama.

Opting to play a game on a Wednesday for the first time in more than 60 years, the NFL will open the regular season on Sept. 5, to avoid conflicting with Obama’s speech at the Democratic National Convention the next night.

The Super Bowl champion New York Giants will host the Wednesday night season-opener starting at 8:30 p.m. EDT; their opponent hasn’t been announced yet.

According to the league, it hasn’t played a game on a Wednesday since Sept. 22, 1948, when the Rams faced the Lions.

The NFL regular season has started on a Thursday since 2002.

This year’s change was announced by the league on Tuesday.

Night Owl
February 29th, 2012, 6:55 AM
Even the NFL is drinking the kool-aide. Sad, very sad.

CenTexDave
February 29th, 2012, 4:37 PM
What a shame. I'm sure an opening season NFL game would have captured the viewers, and our illustrious C-in-C would have had a lousy rating.:))

Ludwig
February 29th, 2012, 5:33 PM
It does not matter to me. My sleep will prevent me from listening to that bag of B.S. no matter when it speaks.

Brian McCall
February 29th, 2012, 6:01 PM
You know, I hate to keep bringing this up. Read my latest blog post for some background on this, but I was at lunch today with some workmates. All those liberal idiots would talk about is how offensive everything was, from fortune cookies in ice cream to criticism of Obama.

At one point, the one liberal doofus said that the expression "drinking the kool-aid" was racist, because he believed it had something to do with poor black kids drinking it.

This is precisely the kind of stifling effect this zeal to hunt down and squash racism has. When you hunt demons, you begin to see demons everywhere. I would hate to think the kind of paranoia, the absolute obsessive fear, that somewhere someone might interpret something as racist, grips this man's imagination at night.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack anything. It's just still running furiously through my mind.

cnjbond
February 29th, 2012, 6:33 PM
No worries Brian, you're not the first to do it nor will you be the last.....sooooo, I guess I can scratch the sports section off the list of no politics. Man, I'm running out of sections to look at..."Trading Post" here I come!!! :thumbsup

cityboy
February 29th, 2012, 6:55 PM
It does not matter to me. My sleep will prevent me from listening to that bag of B.S. no matter when it speaks. A-flippiin'-men ...

blueeagle
March 2nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
I drank kool aid all of my young life, my mother thought it was a good way to get water into us. Of course the dye was bad for us but I digress. The point is, I am a very WHITE Irish girl. How can that term be racists? See, if these idiots would study history, they would know that that term came around when Jim Jones and all of his followers drank the poison kool aid to kill themselves because the world was coming to an end...........I believe, there were people of all colors in that very stupid group, more whites than any others however. Then we had to strange people that drank the poisoned kool aid to catch the comet that was coming. That is where the term "drinking the kool aid comes from, NOT from little black kids drinking kool aid in the summer. Do some people have to make every remark racists!!!!

Night Owl
March 2nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Irish. Hmmmmm, are you a red head? If so, I think I may be in love!!!!:))

Ludwig
March 2nd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Wow! He's a she! Well... maybe not really... one cannot tell by outward appearance anymore.

harleygirl
March 2nd, 2012, 1:57 PM
Irish. Hmmmmm, are you a red head? If so, I think I may be in love!!!!:))

I'm a irish redhead now you know lol!!

Night Owl
March 2nd, 2012, 2:45 PM
I am almost sure I am in love. Irish and a redhead. Nothing is better than that. And you like hat cars. You married?:))

harleygirl
March 2nd, 2012, 3:04 PM
I am almost sure I am in love. Irish and a redhead. Nothing is better than that. And you like hat cars. You married?:))

Yes sorry i've been married almost 30yrs same man lol!!

Night Owl
March 2nd, 2012, 4:17 PM
THIRTY YEARS!!!!!!! Its time for a trade in!!!!!:)):))

All kidding aside. Congratulations on 30 years.