PDA

View Full Version : Ranch Land Lease

Grammar Rules
February 9th, 2012, 8:46 PM
Anyone know what farm and ranch land leases for in the area?

JoAnn Purser
February 10th, 2012, 6:28 AM
For grazing or hunting?

Grammar Rules
February 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Grazing and crops.

mac
February 10th, 2012, 1:10 PM
i have a hunting lease of 640 acres out by adamsville for 1000 a year...BUT, I've had it for over 20 years also....wow, hope my wife doesn't see this, that's over 20 grand!.....mac

Night Owl
February 10th, 2012, 1:32 PM
Expensive venison dinner.

Ludwig
February 10th, 2012, 3:48 PM
If you limit out each year the venison is a lot cheaper than Red Fish and perhaps even cheaper than Bass at Mac's cost of his deer lease.

Night Owl
February 10th, 2012, 3:53 PM
If a frog had wings he wouldn't bust his butt every time he jumped.

Night Owl
February 10th, 2012, 3:53 PM
i have a hunting lease of 640 acres out by adamsville for 1000 a year...BUT, I've had it for over 20 years also....wow, hope my wife doesn't see this, that's over 20 grand!.....mac

I'll pay you $500 to share the lease each year.:))

mac
February 10th, 2012, 7:11 PM
sorry....i'm shared out....can't even include all my sons in laws.....have to make a new pie every year. my wife is kind of wicked. she's tryin' to convince me that only those that show up at least twice a year, not including hunting season should be allowed to hunt there. we'll see, i'll keep you in mind....mac

Grammar Rules
February 10th, 2012, 9:06 PM

Mac, are you the only lessee? The tax rate in Lampasas County can't be THAT much lower than that of Bell County. Is there an oil well there? Otherwise, the landowner isn't near breaking even.

mac
February 11th, 2012, 11:47 AM
yes, i'm the only guy who has hunting rights on this property....but, remember i first bought in over 20 years ago......plus the guy get's a lot of free labor from my boys in law....especially fencing and that sort of thing, on weekends. hell, we even built him a tank 5 or 6 years ago. as far as making something, he's gettin' a thousand bucks a year, tax free.....for not doin' anything 'cept pickin' up his mail. that can't be too bad a deal....nope, no oil well. the owner has mentioned several times (jokingly) that when i quit the lease, if the boys want it they're gonna pay a lot more........mac

Mac, are you the only lessee? The tax rate in Lampasas County can't be THAT much lower than that of Bell County. Is there an oil well there? Otherwise, the landowner isn't near breaking even.

Grammar Rules
February 11th, 2012, 3:30 PM
Well, a similar parcel in this county is taxed in excess of $3000/yr, so the owner must have some other income--livestock or crops. You have a very good deal there. :)

mac
February 11th, 2012, 4:40 PM
oh yeow, i definitly know that. you won't ever hear me complain a bit about our arrangement. hell, i kiss his hind end every time i get a chance. he thinks that i think that he walks on water. actually, he and his wife are really good folk.....really good and they respect people who respect them, their land, their fences, their improvements and all that. we do him right too.....although, as you say, he could darn sure more than a grand for his lease rights that he gets now......mac

Well, a similar parcel in this county is taxed in excess of $3000/yr, so the owner must have some other income--livestock or crops. You have a very good deal there. :)

Grammar Rules
February 12th, 2012, 8:32 AM
One hunting lease offer on a similar-sized parcel here is $4500/year, but the ranch/grazing income is more than that. Still not sure what the average is for ranch/grazing as opposed to crop farming around here.