January 31st, 2012, 7:14 PM
http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Mr_Griffin_Goes_to_Washington_138425634.html

Unreal.

cnjbond
January 31st, 2012, 7:52 PM
That's pretty cool!

corgifan
January 31st, 2012, 8:50 PM
A well deserved honor to meet with the President of the United States and the First Lady.

CenTexDave
February 1st, 2012, 5:54 AM
Maybe he's just getting an idea of what to do in his future. :)

Ludwig
February 1st, 2012, 6:50 AM
A well deserved honor to meet with the President of the United States and the First Lady.

The poor man had to suffer through that? That's no way to treat a football hero. Tainted for life he is. Oh, the shame of it all.

dawglover
February 1st, 2012, 10:26 AM
http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Mr_Griffin_Goes_to_Washington_138425634.html

Unreal.

Obama is a bum but he is still the president and the "Office of the President" itself must be honored. Hence, this an honor for RG3 and I'm happy for him.

ItsMe
February 1st, 2012, 8:38 PM
Wouldn't have happened 5 years ago! :))

CenTexDave
February 1st, 2012, 10:00 PM
Perhaps. I don't think George Bush invited the Heisman winner to the White House.
But he sure spent many hours at Walter Reed and Darnall visiting troops and awarding Purple Hearts.

Rick
February 2nd, 2012, 7:53 AM
The poor man had to suffer through that? That's no way to treat a football hero. Tainted for life he is. Oh, the shame of it all.

I knew someone was going to go there. This is the sports section, not the political section.

CenTexDave
February 2nd, 2012, 6:12 PM
He lead the closing prayer at the National Prayer Breakfast today.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Robert_Griffin_III_Delivers_Closing_Prayer_At_Nati onal_Prayer_Breakfast_138592709.html

Awesome.

Ludwig
February 2nd, 2012, 6:40 PM
I knew someone was going to go there. This is the sports section, not the political section.

Not to argue, just to clarify... There was nothing political about my posting on this thread. I was only sharing my sorrow for the treatment of the wonderful local athlete; though of course his being invited was a political move.

corgifan
April 1st, 2012, 10:15 PM
Saw another interview with Mr. Griffin today. I tell you, every time that young man opens his mouth he speaks eloquently, with great intelligence, and with poise. And after every interview I've seen I have to think that Indianapolis may be making a HUGE mistake not taking him number 1. With the right cast of characters he is going to be unstoppable.

corgifan
April 1st, 2012, 10:18 PM
his being invited was a political move.

Time to change the aluminum. Try shiny side out this time.

sojourner truth
April 2nd, 2012, 6:37 AM
Saw him at the lady Bears BBall game last night cheering for the ladies. It looked like everyone was having a great time, especially since the ladies won the game and are going to the terrific two playoff games with a perfect 39-0 record. Of course, you won't see much about that because the mens contest seems to be the only newsworthy thing. Sigh............

jimbob
April 2nd, 2012, 7:38 AM
Indy is reconsidering. I don't blame them. RG3 is the best candidate.

cnjbond
April 2nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Indy is reconsidering. I don't blame them. RG3 is the best candidate.

That might just be a ploy to reduce Luck's asking price...I don't blame them because they wouldn't be losing a thing if they opted to go with RGIII instead of Luck...at least on paper and video, because we know it's a different story when you play in the NFL!

CenTexDave
April 2nd, 2012, 5:08 PM
I read where RG3 challenged Brittney Griner (Baylor's 6'8" All American center) to a dunk contest.
Griffin might only be 6'3/9" but I'd put my money on him. Few recall how, as a sophomore for the Dawgs, he was all-district. The man can leap tall buildings. :))