January 26th, 2012, 7:24 PM
and I'm CRANKY!!! :(( Where's the beef?
Thatisall

JoAnn Purser
January 26th, 2012, 10:18 PM
How many days? Or hours?

ItsMe
January 26th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Just finished day 3! No REAL cravings yet (breads and sugars). I know I need something to jumpstart me...so, I think by day 5 I'll be good! What doesn't help is walking at the Lion's Park track nightly and passing by Sonic!!! GRRR!

sojourner truth
January 27th, 2012, 4:22 PM
Or all the food commercials on TV. Mrs. Truth had a tummy flu for 3 days and stayed home. All she could say was "why do they have to show so many fast food commercials at 5".

ItsMe
January 27th, 2012, 7:13 PM
Or all the food commercials on TV. Mrs. Truth had a tummy flu for 3 days and stayed home. All she could say was "why do they have to show so many fast food commercials at 5".

It's like they are hypnotizing...makes you REALLY want it just by seeing it!

Finished with day 4...not hungry, feeling good. Can't wait for my first week weigh in!

JoAnn Purser
January 27th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Is it the lemonade fast with cayenne pepper, AKA Master Cleanse?

Ludwig
January 28th, 2012, 7:48 AM
Unless you folk are troubled by paracites in the bowels' this "detox" and "cleansing" is just a bunch of hype.

dawglover
January 28th, 2012, 9:39 AM
Just finished day 3! No REAL cravings yet (breads and sugars). I know I need something to jumpstart me...so, I think by day 5 I'll be good! What doesn't help is walking at the Lion's Park track nightly and passing by Sonic!!! GRRR!

The best cure for this is double chocolate chunk cherry jubilee ice cream. Here is what you do. Go to HEB, when they have it, and buy a gallon or so. Then get out a bowl. Not one of them little ice cream dishes. Get you a proper soup bowl - a big one. Then scope out this incredibly delicious ice cream until the bowl is almost but not quite full. Then get you some chocolate syrup, the kind that freezes hard when you put it on (I think they call it Magic Shell). Cover the ice cream in it. Them put some crunched nuts on top. Add a few sprinkles of coconut and several delicious maraschino cherries. Then get you a spoon. Not a teaspoon but a proper tablespoon - a big one. Then hold the bowl up to your nose and really look at it. Contemplate the experience, the robust tasteful experience you are about to under take. Then take a spoonful of this unbelievably delicious treat and slowly put it in your mouth. Don't chew. Just let it sit there tantalizing your taste buds as it slowly oozes down your throat. You’ll be thinking to yourself, "This is what it must be like to eat in heaven." Then dig in. Eat it. Eat it. Eat it. Ummmm. Yummy yum yum. It's soooo good. Sooo delicious. Sooo wonderful. Sooo magnificent. Oh my God it is so good.

So then, how is that detoxing diet of yours going?

ItsMe
January 28th, 2012, 1:35 PM
Is it the lemonade fast with cayenne pepper, AKA Master Cleanse?

No, nothing like that. I am doing fruits and veggies, mostly raw. Only chicken and fish, no grains. No sugars or breads. And lots and LOTS of fiber in my water. Our coach at work helped me to set up a plan and is watching me.

ItsMe
January 28th, 2012, 1:38 PM
The best cure for this is double chocolate chunk cherry jubilee ice cream. Here is what you do. Go to HEB, when they have it, and buy a gallon or so. Then get out a bowl. Not one of them little ice cream dishes. Get you a proper soup bowl - a big one. Then scope out this incredibly delicious ice cream until the bowl is almost but not quite full. Then get you some chocolate syrup, the kind that freezes hard when you put it on (I think they call it Magic Shell). Cover the ice cream in it. Them put some crunched nuts on top. Add a few sprinkles of coconut and several delicious maraschino cherries. Then get you a spoon. Not a teaspoon but a proper tablespoon - a big one. Then hold the bowl up to your nose and really look at it. Contemplate the experience, the robust tasteful experience you are about to under take. Then take a spoonful of this unbelievably delicious treat and slowly put it in your mouth. Don't chew. Just let it sit there tantalizing your taste buds as it slowly oozes down your throat. You’ll be thinking to yourself, "This is what it must be like to eat in heaven." Then dig in. Eat it. Eat it. Eat it. Ummmm. Yummy yum yum. It's soooo good. Sooo delicious. Sooo wonderful. Sooo magnificent. Oh my God it is so good.

So then, how is that detoxing diet of yours going?

SABOTAGE!!!
Good thing I don't have a sweet tooth...and ESPECIALLY for ice cream! I am missing my coffee in the morning. I am doing this for 24 days...just been feeling sluggish and extremely full. I definitely feel much better and lighter, not so "stuffed" and tired.

ItsMe
January 30th, 2012, 6:17 PM
Peeked at the scale a day early (tomorrow is my official weigh day) and I am super happy about the results.

JoAnn Purser
January 31st, 2012, 5:36 AM
No, nothing like that. I am doing fruits and veggies, mostly raw. Only chicken and fish, no grains. No sugars or breads. And lots and LOTS of fiber in my water. Our coach at work helped me to set up a plan and is watching me.

Can you consume fiber in cereal (oatmeal, fiber one, etc.) or is that a no no?

ItsMe
January 31st, 2012, 6:01 AM
Can you consume fiber in cereal (oatmeal, fiber one, etc.) or is that a no no?

I have stayed away from cereal and oatmeal only because right now I'm not consuming any dairy. Oatmeal would be fine with water but I am an oatmeal and milk and sugar or sugary oatmeal type of gal so I'm trying to cut it down before introducing it all back in slowly. I'm hoping by then I won't crave it as much. 1 week down about to weigh and measure.

dawglover
January 31st, 2012, 3:02 PM
SABOTAGE!!!
Good thing I don't have a sweet tooth...and ESPECIALLY for ice cream! I am missing my coffee in the morning. I am doing this for 24 days...just been feeling sluggish and extremely full. I definitely feel much better and lighter, not so "stuffed" and tired.

So then, what do you like? ;)

P.S. You're withering away. You're losing strength. Dieitng damages your skin and makes one boney and unattractive. Eat before it's to late. You still have time to save yourself. Eat. Eat. EAT.

ItsMe
January 31st, 2012, 5:50 PM
-7 lbs

ItsMe
February 7th, 2012, 2:12 PM
-3 (Weigh in's on Tuesdays)

ItsMe
February 7th, 2012, 2:13 PM
Oh...and I am still going strong...no cravings for the foods I haven't eaten, feeling good, clothes fit great, lots of inches lost! People at work are starting to notice (I hadn't said anything to them...takes the fun out of it cause they they start to watch you!)

ItsMe
February 14th, 2012, 7:36 PM
-3 again! Happy about my results so far!

jeepnbeep
February 14th, 2012, 9:16 PM
Great job. Do you mind Sharing your plan? Do u count calories? Thanks

ItsMe
February 14th, 2012, 9:43 PM
Thanks. Not counting calories at all. Just cut out all sugar (sweets), bread, pastas, potatoes, no dairy (basically all the bad stuff I craved). Ate really clean, baked fish, ground turkey and chicken, lots of veggies and fruits and beans. Doing it for about a month. Now I am going to start introducing these items back in, I just had to get my mind right, and my body right which was feeling very bloated and full all the time even if I hadn't eaten. I don't think I will need or want those items I took out so bad as before. You know the saying it takes two weeks for a habit to form...I think I have done good in a month and haven't missed having them. Taking my measurements really helps too...Shows big progress even if the scale moves slow.

JoAnn Purser
February 15th, 2012, 7:00 AM
Congrats!

ItsMe
February 15th, 2012, 9:45 PM
Thank you! :dancing2

jeepnbeep
February 16th, 2012, 3:23 PM
Wow, ItsMe...great job!!! Great losses. Been working out pretty good and eating semi healthy, and I have plateaued. Taking any supplements?

ItsMe
February 16th, 2012, 4:27 PM
No supplements either. Just walking a lot.

jeepnbeep
February 16th, 2012, 9:26 PM
Great for you. Keep up the good work. Envious because I can eat clean and work hard but weight loss is none to minimal.

ItsMe
February 18th, 2012, 8:12 PM
Thank you JeepnBeep. I'm done with my detox so I will see how Tuesdays weigh in goes.

ItsMe
February 21st, 2012, 8:55 PM

ItsMe
February 28th, 2012, 9:17 PM
I should change the title from I'm Detoxing to I'm Still Winning! -2 again!

dawglover
March 4th, 2012, 4:11 PM
I'm DETOXING! and I'm CRANKY!!! :(( Where's the beef?
Thatisall

Aww, don't feel bad, I hear Night Owl and CenTexDave are detoxing too. You are taling about alcohol, right? :)):))

ItsMe
March 5th, 2012, 9:09 AM
Aww, don't feel bad, I hear Night Owl and CenTexDave are detoxing too. You are taling about alcohol, right? :)):))

If you count what I'm doing for Lent then yes! :))