PDA

View Full Version : That Health Video

Scarlett
February 8th, 2009, 8:45 PM
Had to think of something to get our new topic going...so I remembered what my daughter said early this year when they had to watch "The Health Video" at school. You know the one...the one where girls watch a video in one room, and the boys watch a different one in a different room. (This is 5th grade.)
Anyhow, after telling her "sort of" what to expect, and signing the permission slip, my tomboy daughter went off to school...
That night, while making dinner...I asked her what she thought of it. She had about 3 friends over when I asked....and she yelled across the room...
"OHMIGOD MOM. They said the word VAGINA TOO MANY TIMES!!!"
I about lost it. Kids are so funny.....

ohh, just found our new smilies.... :tomato2 :tomato1

Texas Immigrant
February 8th, 2009, 9:44 PM
I remember the video when I was a kid. The only thing I remember was the shaded silhouette of a man getting excited. I thought it looked like one of those yellow diamond road signs that show a road to the left or right. To this day, I still think of that video when I see a road sign like that.

cityboy
February 9th, 2009, 7:59 AM
I remember one of the school knuckleheads trying to shock the school nurse by asking, "Uh, miss, can you get STDs from having sex with animals?" She didn't react at all, and calmly explained that, yes, you can ...

CenTexDave
February 9th, 2009, 11:20 AM
My brother was a high school teacher in Ohio in the mid-70's and they had a health class he was required to sit in. He didn't teach it, but rather was there to restore law and order. Some wise guy who thought he was the class clown asked some similar question about having sex with animals, but nothing to do with STD's. The teacher kind of went blank. My brother told the kid that "yes, sex with animals is possible. After all, we see the end result when we look at you every day". After the class went wild, the kid shut up and never tried to bother a teacher again.

Scarlett
February 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
THAT is FUNNY ;)

cityboy
February 9th, 2009, 11:40 AM
That sounds like something I'd say!!!! Glad to see there are other smartasss teachers out there ... :clap