PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's NFL Schedule

cnjbond
December 22nd, 2011, 9:57 AM
I don't think the NFL could've planned this any better (which I'm sure it was just dumb luck) but the Giants and Jets play at 1pm and then the Cowboys and Eagles play at 3pm which means Dallas will know whether or not they can wrap up the division with a win against the Eagles. Unfortunately the Boys tend to choke in these situations but I hope they can turn it around Saturday!

CenTexDave
December 22nd, 2011, 11:08 AM
But it gets better the following weekend, and on New Year's Day so hope the Boys don't part hearty on New Year's Eve, as they play the Giants at NY on Jan 1.

cnjbond
December 22nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Well hopefully the Jets and the Boys will win Saturday so that Dallas can rest up their starters against the Giants because whoever wins the East title will still be the lowest seeded Division champ.

xzochye
December 22nd, 2011, 12:32 PM
I hope the Cowboys win this week. This is mine and my son's first NFL game and well it isn't fun if the team your going to see loses.

cnjbond
December 22nd, 2011, 12:42 PM
I hope the Cowboys win this week. This is mine and my son's first NFL game and well it isn't fun if the team your going to see loses.
I hope so too...you guys might turn out to be a good luck charm and we'll have to raise money and make sure you make it to all the Cowboy games! :thumbsup

xzochye
December 22nd, 2011, 1:10 PM
I used to be a huge Cowboys fan back in the 90's. Not so much anymore. They're just not the same team. Maybe seeing them live will convert me.

cnjbond
December 22nd, 2011, 4:23 PM
It definitely can't hurt...unless they stink up the place! There's a recent poll out that has the Packers dethroning the Cowboys as "America's Team", hopefully this is the year they turn it around.

xzochye
December 22nd, 2011, 4:34 PM
It definitely can't hurt...unless they stink up the place! There's a recent poll out that has the Packers dethroning the Cowboys as "America's Team", hopefully this is the year they turn it around.

Haha I just showed that to my son a few minutes ago and boy oh boy is he a loud mouth! Needless to say he does not agree with that...lol

Night Owl
December 22nd, 2011, 10:53 PM
No one will ever replace Dallas as "America's Team."

cnjbond
December 23rd, 2011, 4:25 PM
I just looked at the current playoff picture of all the teams competing for the two wild card spots remaining games and boy is it close! I originally thought Dallas should rest its starters against the Eagles if the Giants won their game because Dallas would still have to win the following week against the Giants regardless if they beat the Eagles or not so why risk injury...BUT...after looking at the standings, Dallas could still grab a wildcard if the Seahawks lose one of their final two games (1 is against the 49ers), or the Bears lose one of theirs (1 is against the Packers) or if the Cardinals lose one of theirs (1 is against the Seahawks).

This makes winning this week's game against the Eagles even more important! This is what happens when you don't close out the games you should've won...i.e. Jets, Lions, New England, Arizona, and the Giants.

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2011, 5:15 PM
Cowboys need to play their starters. Half the team is hurt anyway and those two RB's they just signed need the work.
Rest your starters right now and you may be resting them for the entire off season come Jan 1.
While I like a full slate of games on tomorrow, why not have one tonight? THERE IS NO FOOTBALL, NFL OR COLLEGE, TONIGHT. That plain sucks. :)

cnjbond
December 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I just looked at the different playoff scenarios and the only way an NFC East team will make the playoffs is by winning the division. I think it would make more sense for Dallas to rest the "questionable" players against the Eagles if the Giants win because they'll have to play them the following week for all the marbles regardless of the outcome of the Eagles game.

cnjbond
December 24th, 2011, 2:55 PM
I just looked at the different playoff scenarios and the only way an NFC East team will make the playoffs is by winning the division. I think it would make more sense for Dallas to rest the "questionable" players against the Eagles if the Giants win because they'll have to play them the following week for all the marbles regardless of the outcome of the Eagles game.

Ummmm, disregard my last post...actually there's still a chance Dallas can make the playoffs as wildcard if they beat the Eagles and lose against the Giants.

cnjbond
December 24th, 2011, 4:40 PM
I hope so too...you guys might turn out to be a good luck charm and we'll have to raise money and make sure you make it to all the Cowboy games! :thumbsup
Ummmm, did you forget to bring the lucky rabbit's foot?!!!!

xzochye
December 24th, 2011, 4:43 PM
I guess so! :(. This is turning out to be a very boring game. Good thing I love to people watch! Some of the things I have seen today! WOW!

cnjbond
December 24th, 2011, 4:47 PM
I guess so! :(. This is turning out to be a very boring game. Good thing I love to people watch! Some of the things I have seen today! WOW!
I would definitely say people watching is a lot better than Cowboy watching at the moment, they are stinking it up...although they are probably only giving half the effort since they still have to win next week to make the playoffs and win the division.

CenTexDave
December 24th, 2011, 7:42 PM
Never lose on purpose.
I'll be surprised if they beat the Giants next Sunday. This season is over.

Night Owl
December 24th, 2011, 8:05 PM
Sad but probably true. If they do win it will be one and out.

CenTexDave
December 24th, 2011, 8:21 PM
:-s

cnjbond
December 24th, 2011, 9:06 PM
I don't feel too confident in this team to do much...I think we were fooled once again by smoke and mirrors that there is more talent on the sidelines than is actually there. The offense seems to be coming around but that defense is just terrible!

xzochye
December 24th, 2011, 10:30 PM
It's just not the Cowboys that I used to watch in the 90's. They do not play with a passion and love for the game. I tried explaining to my son how great they were with Aikman, Smith and Novacek but he still thinks they are awesome now.

CenTexDave
December 25th, 2011, 5:45 AM
Offense yesterday was non-existent, and that wasn't McGee's fault.
This defense totally sucks. These "super stars" are past their prime. At one time they were a very good defense. They have all gotten old together and have slowed down a step, and that's all it takes in the NFL - lose one step. Granted, they only gave up 20 points, but that game was totally boring. Almost like a pre-season game.

cnjbond
December 25th, 2011, 11:14 AM
It's the Aikman curse, you can almost guarantee a Cowboy loss if he's in the booth calling the game! ;)

sojourner truth
December 25th, 2011, 4:20 PM
It's the "no defense" curse.

CenTexDave
December 25th, 2011, 6:32 PM
It's the Aikman curse, you can almost guarantee a Cowboy loss if he's in the booth calling the game! ;)
And Troy Aikman calls it like he sees it, and he hasn't been very kind.