PDA

View Full Version : Dental Woes

FieryPrincess
December 20th, 2011, 8:32 PM
So I had some dental work done today. It was a fair amount of stuff - I was in the chair over 2 hours.

I was very sore, so when my daughter went in later for her cleaning, they checked me out again. I now have moderate lockjaw induced by the anesthetic injection. I am told this will be temporary but might take up to three weeks to completely clear.

I am led to believe this is a freak occurance and I got "lucky.". I am tempted to believe this since I haven't heard of it happening to anyone I know, but before I buy into that completely, I thought I would cast out a wider net to my internet buddies and see if it had happened to any of you all.

IronErnin
December 20th, 2011, 8:34 PM
So which dentist did this to you?

siamcat
December 20th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I'm so sorry.

I have not have that happen to me and I had a root canal, crowns, wisdom tooth extraction where the dentist literally used his foot on the chair for leverage to yank it out.
Sounds like they hit a nerve or muscle they weren't supposed to.

I hate going to the dentist:crying.

FieryPrincess
December 24th, 2011, 9:58 AM
Part II: since this seems to be a safe place for me to vent this issue...

Now the hematoma seems to have broken loose enough to cause a lovely little bruise on my face just in time for family visits and pictures. And I thought I had gotten my mouth into the mild lockjaw category, but it's closing up again into a solid moderate category.

Grump grump grump...

mac
December 24th, 2011, 12:34 PM
are there any dentists in killeen or HH who use gas instead of the needle. i go to "Chin" in HH now and she's ok but i absolutely hate that needle. have never understood why ford up there in killeen plaza can give me the shot without it bringing me off the chair and everybody else can't!.....ford is really good but he just does specialt work.....

i have never had the swelling and bruising that you're talkin' 'bout.....thank my lucky stars......someone asked you who the dentist was. would you rather not say or maybe you didn't see the question.....i got 2 to pull in january, 16 and 17, upper and lower back teeth on my left side.....mac

sojourner truth
December 24th, 2011, 1:15 PM
are there any dentists in killeen or HH who use gas instead of the needle. i go to "Chin" in HH now and she's ok but i absolutely hate that needle. have never understood why ford up there in killeen plaza can give me the shot without it bringing me off the chair and everybody else can't!.....ford is really good but he just does specialt work.....

i have never had the swelling and bruising that you're talkin' 'bout.....thank my lucky stars......someone asked you who the dentist was. would you rather not say or maybe you didn't see the question.....i got 2 to pull in january, 16 and 17, upper and lower back teeth on my left side.....mac

My dentist is the best. Dr Tidwell. He and Dr. Ford actually have a contest with the compliments on a "painless" needle. Ford wins hands down. But Tidwell is an avid Ranger fan, and that counts with me. Princes, does that jaw open wide enough for a sip of Jack or some stiff eggnog. Won't fix anything, but you won't care. I'll keep you in my prayers. And at Christman time, what a bah humbug. Try singing "all I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth".

xzochye
December 24th, 2011, 4:45 PM
I tried getting in to Tidwell one time for an emergency and they couldn't get me in for 2 weeks. Forget that! I now go to Moreno (sp?) and he is great. Got me right in.

siamcat
December 24th, 2011, 5:52 PM

I think Pundt Family Dentistry has the option of gas. I don't know if that's on top of the needle or instead. You could call them and ask. From what I hear once they gas you up you don't feel the needle anyway.
My family goes there and we love them. Well, as much as you can love the dentist.:)

Ludwig
December 24th, 2011, 8:48 PM
I tried getting in to Tidwell one time for an emergency and they couldn't get me in for 2 weeks. Forget that! I now go to Moreno (sp?) and he is great. Got me right in.

Dr. Salvador "Salvi" Marrero, D.D.S. is my regular dentist. He has never hurt me either with a needle or financially. His wife is a Dental Hygienist, but she brings on temporary pain sometimes.

xzochye
December 24th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Dr. Salvador "Salvi" Marrero, D.D.S. is my regular dentist. He has never hurt me either with a needle or financially. His wife is a Dental Hygienist, but she brings on temporary pain sometimes.

That's the dentist I was referring to. I didn't think Moreno sounded right but I just wasn't sure.

IronErnin
December 25th, 2011, 5:36 AM
I use Dr Baker, over near HEB in HH. I really like Jamie, her hygenist. In my powered wheelchair, tipped all the way back, I am at the perfect height for her to work with no discomfort. Dr Baker uses the needle, but has only given me any pain once.

Mestral
December 25th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Part II: since this seems to be a safe place for me to vent this issue...

Now the hematoma seems to have broken loose enough to cause a lovely little bruise on my face just in time for family visits and pictures. And I thought I had gotten my mouth into the mild lockjaw category, but it's closing up again into a solid moderate category.

Grump grump grump...I hope your jaw gets better. Don't know what to tell you to do, although that sip of Jack is about the best advise I can think of. I had trouble like that from my teens on, but from a fight (didn't have my teeth clenched). It got better with time. Hope yours gets better, sooner.

I tried getting in to Tidwell one time for an emergency and they couldn't get me in for 2 weeks. Forget that! I now go to Moreno (sp?) and he is great. Got me right in.As I understand it (my wife and his are fairly friendly) they rarely take any new patients, as he has his books full. I make my appointments more than a month in advance.

FieryPrincess
December 27th, 2011, 5:59 PM

I'm in San Antonio, so I didn't see the point. While living in HH, I used Dr. Gay. I miss her greatly because she never left me feeling like this or even remotely like this,

mac
December 28th, 2011, 5:39 PM
when dr. gay left the chins' clinic, my wife went with her. she must be pretty good....mac

I'm in San Antonio, so I didn't see the point. While living in HH, I used Dr. Gay. I miss her greatly because she never left me feeling like this or even remotely like this,

FieryPrincess
December 28th, 2011, 9:23 PM
I always thought so. She treated my daughter and me. My daughter loved going to see her too, so I think that says a lot as well.