PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Trophy

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2011, 4:19 PM
ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Heismanpundit.com (who has successfully predicted the past 7 or so winners) all predict Robert Griffin III will win tomorrow night's awarding of the Heisman. :)

JohnKilleen
December 9th, 2011, 5:11 PM
I really enjoyed the articles in todays KDH about Robert Griffin. He sounds like a very fine young man. I am very impressed that he is now working on his masters. I truely hope he wins the award. What a wonderful thing for him , Cove and all of Central Texas.

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2011, 5:51 PM
He will graduate this coming May with his Master's degree. Completed his Bachelor's in three years, his Master's in 1-1/2.
Everyone wonders if he'll come back for his 4th year of eligibility. Why would he, especially if he wins the Heisman?
He may never play a down for an NFL team, but he has been more than successful.
By the way, he's now running track for Baylor again. I smell the Olympics.

Rick
December 9th, 2011, 7:32 PM
Why would he, especially if he wins the Heisman?

To win it again and carry on the "Griffin" legacy of winning it twice like Archie Griffin did...lol

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2011, 8:03 PM
Might be. Hadn't thought of that. :))

corgifan
December 9th, 2011, 9:04 PM
I'm pulling for Robert. He's just as exciting as Vince Young was at this stage of his career plus he comes across as VERY intelligent and a lot more articulate and charming. This kid is going to be filthy rich very soon!

Iteachtoo
December 10th, 2011, 4:13 PM
And just about guaranteed his name on some school building in Copperas Cove. I hope he has the smarts to know what to do with that money so that he is not broke in 20 years.

CenTexDave
December 10th, 2011, 7:01 PM
Smarts? He's also an academic All-American. He won't blow it.
ESPN right now.

Night Owl
December 11th, 2011, 12:47 AM
He is a gentleman and well spoken. Good for him.

CenTexDave
December 11th, 2011, 4:56 AM
The Dawg Pound in Cove should be renamed Robert Griffin III Stadium.

dawglover
December 11th, 2011, 1:13 PM
The Dawg Pound in Cove should be renamed Robert Griffin III Stadium.

I'd vote for a robert Griffin Day in Cove but the Dawg Pound will always be the Dawg pound. Even RG3 would agree with that. The point is that Cove needs to do something special for our guy RG3. Nothing bigger has ever happened to Cove. By the way, Cove and RG3 owe a debt of gratitude to Jack Welch for developing RG3 in his most formative years which set him and Baylor up for everything else.

Ludwig
December 11th, 2011, 1:49 PM
A novel thought. How about thanking the Creator for endowing this young man with such intelligence and athletic talent. Sure, some men helped develop those but they did not give it to him. I think that RGIII would be the first to second that motion.

dawglover
December 11th, 2011, 2:11 PM
A novel thought. How about thanking the Creator for endowing this young man with such intelligence and athletic talent. Sure, some men helped develop those but they did not give it to him. I think that RGIII would be the first to second that motion.

I'm sure he would but if not, I'll second that motion. Of course, all thanks goes to the creator first but I think you know what I was getting at.

kantwin
December 11th, 2011, 4:52 PM

Um, Griffin already did. During his acceptance speech.

sojourner truth
December 11th, 2011, 5:06 PM
A nice statue at the stadium entrance would be appropriate, I think.

CenTexDave
December 11th, 2011, 10:07 PM
"By the way, Cove and RG3 owe a debt of gratitude to Jack Welch for developing RG3 in his most formative years which set him and Baylor up for everything else."
Bull. They didn't use him like they should have his senior year. Remember, his junior year he was 2nd team All-State. I think they were too scared he might get hurt to really turn him loose. Plus he had an All-State RB in Troy Vital. His junior year he had better receivers (Rashad Hawk who went on to play at Texas Tech) and Logan Brock at TE. Art Briles is the man who developed him.