PDA

View Full Version : NBA

siamcat
November 15th, 2011, 9:55 PM
First off, I'm not a fan of Basketball, but I was curious that nobody seems to be too upset that the players declined the leagues offer.
The season might not happen and for a sport that is shown all over TV the response is very muted.

Ludwig
November 15th, 2011, 10:10 PM
You're just too far South... Football is what's happening here. Besides, those of us who are BB fans are most likely on the side of the players anyway and if they want to kill the season by dissolving their union and taking this to the courts, more power to them.

xzochye
November 15th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I wish they all would get off of their high horse and come to an agreement already! I need my Spurs fix!!! I am ready to hit the road to SA and see some games.

siamcat
November 15th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I'm a hockey fan and we had a similar situation a few years ago.
I didn't know then nor do I now who to side with, players that make lots of money or owners that make lots of money.

cnjbond
November 15th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I'm with Ludwig on this one...I don't usually start watching the NBA until the playoffs and that's WELL after the NFL season is over. I wouldn't be upset at all if there were no season.

Night Owl
November 16th, 2011, 7:24 AM
I am not a fan of the NBA. I don't support either side in this. Here you have billionaire owners fighting with millionaire players and what are they fighting over? Mine and your money as if they need it. Same goes for football, baseball and hockey.

Scarlett
November 16th, 2011, 7:42 AM
They are fighting over MY money?

Who knew my buck twenty five was worth this...

Night Owl
November 16th, 2011, 7:51 AM
Yeppers, they are fighting over your money and mine.

CenTexDave
November 16th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Cancel the season. I could care less. If I want to watch basketball, I'll turn on March Madness when it happens. Better brand of basketball anyway. And that goes for the Womens' NCAA tournament - they play the game as it was meant to be played - not 10 feet above the rim.

sojourner truth
November 17th, 2011, 6:02 AM
Can't stand the NBA, and don't really like BB. BUT, the last few years my wife and I have really immersed ouselves in the womens NCAA, and Baylor womens BB in particular. I've met and talked to Brittney Griner a bunch of times, and have become a big fan. Hockey is swiftly becoming my latest sport of choice. As for the NBA, let 'em all sit out the season as far as I'm concerned and squabble of their millions.

xzochye
November 17th, 2011, 8:00 AM
Yeppers, they are fighting over your money and mine.

The NBA is only taking your money if you buy something NBA or go to a game...etc.

FieryPrincess
November 20th, 2011, 4:48 PM
Like I said during the football strikes -

I don't support either of them with my money, so it makes little difference to me if the millionaires fight with the biollionaires over sums I'll never see in a fiscal year.

They are all whiney.

CenTexDave
November 26th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Reports are out today that they have reached a deal, want to "save the season" and will start by three games on TV on Christmas Day.
What a great day Christmas will be this year - just leave the stupid TV off and boycott the NBA.:)

xzochye
November 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Oh heck no! I am going to watch the Mavericks get their behinds whooped!

corgifan
November 28th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I can't stomach professional basketball. Really disappointed that they came to terms. Now another season of endless highlights on ESPN showing one after another stupid slam dunk by a prima dona non-team player.

Night Owl
November 29th, 2011, 7:07 AM
Something we agree on, finally.:)

Ludwig
December 1st, 2011, 2:08 PM
Please watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4I-8Fsu68g&sns=em