PDA

View Full Version : Horn vs Cove

jimbob
November 8th, 2011, 9:42 AM
One thing about this game, it will be tough. Horn is loaded with talent. The other thing I know is the game can go either way. And one more thing, should Cove win it will be because of a great team effort, and if they loose it won't be because the coaches didn't run the right offensive plays or make the right defensive calls or the players didn't play hard. I get tired of people blaming. If the Dawgs loose, I predict it will be because the other team was better. But my prediction is Dawgs win in a close contest.:)

dawglover
November 8th, 2011, 10:24 AM
One thing about this game, it will be tough. Horn is loaded with talent. The other thing I know is the game can go either way. And one more thing, should Cove win it will be because of a great team effort, and if they loose it won't be because the coaches didn't run the right offensive plays or make the right defensive calls or the players didn't play hard. I get tired of people blaming. If the Dawgs loose, I predict it will be because the other team was better. But my prediction is Dawgs win in a close contest.:)

All I hear in this is sour grapes from a guy who got embarrased by his last game calling. Not to worry. Cove wins this thing - count on it and it won't be all that close. COVE by at least 10 points and probably more.

xzochye
November 8th, 2011, 10:30 AM
There was no sour grapes in it. His post was pretty positive. He said Cove will win and if by some chance the don't it won't be because the played poorly it was because the other team was better.

CenTexDave
November 9th, 2011, 4:56 AM
JimBob - you trying to doom the Dawgs?? Make your "Horn will win" prediction please. :)

And don't let Mesquite Horn's record (4-6) fool anyone. In a district with Desoto and Longview can kind of make your record look worse than it is.

lovinlife
November 11th, 2011, 8:36 PM
A&M is getting their butts handed to them by Desoto. 40-0 in the 2nd quarter. yikes!
Belton is down 14-3 to Mesquite also in the 2nd quarter

CenTexDave
November 11th, 2011, 9:05 PM
I figured both our 12-5A teams would lose, but A&M is getting destroyed. I guess DeSoto will just a bit peeved that Longview beat them last week.
Mesquite Horn is a good team. Don't let their 4-6 record fool you. If Cove was in that district they'd probably be 4-6 also.

lovinlife
November 11th, 2011, 9:08 PM
I know...I'm hoping the Dawgs will come out strong and play hard all 4 quarters. Certainly don't want a repeat of last year's game!!!

JohnKilleen
November 12th, 2011, 6:29 AM
Not a big Cove fan but I am pulling for them here to represent the district. The two games Friday were really bad for 12 5A and I would be shocked if Longview didnt destroy Temple today, so Cove has to carry the banner for this area.

CenTexDave
November 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks. We'll take all the support we can get. Mesquite Horn is good, and last year they destroyed Cove.
At least Belton made a half-decent comeback against Mesquite. A&M was thoroughly embarassed.

xzochye
November 12th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks. We'll take all the support we can get. Mesquite Horn is good, and last year they destroyed Cove.
At least Belton made a half-decent comeback against Mesquite. A&M was thoroughly embarassed.

I guess Mesquite is a larger town than I thought. I just saw a Mesquite school play last night against Pflugerville in a playoff game. P-ville won of course! :0)

CenTexDave
November 12th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Mesquite beat Belton. Pflugerville played, and beat, Del Valle last night.

CenTexDave
November 12th, 2011, 1:41 PM
Cove's getting stomped, 20-7, end of 1. Wind is a factor, now the Dawgs get the wind. But somehow, don't think it's going to make much of a difference.

corgifan
November 12th, 2011, 1:54 PM
Currently 34-13, 2nd quarter

xzochye
November 12th, 2011, 2:12 PM
Mesquite beat Belton. Pflugerville played, and beat, Del Valle last night.

The game I went to last night was 4a. Pflugerville's Hendrickson high vs Mesquite Wranglers.

olderthandirt
November 12th, 2011, 4:09 PM
Congrats Dawgs 48-47 win!

lovinlife
November 12th, 2011, 5:14 PM
Amazing comeback...Amazing outcome!!! So proud that the Dawgs kept fighting and never gave up!!! We live to play another game...GO DAWGS!!!

Iteachtoo
November 12th, 2011, 5:46 PM
Please that carry over to Killeen tonight.

dawglover
November 12th, 2011, 6:12 PM
Congrats Dawgs 48-47 win!

Yahoo!!! Love my Dawgs. Eeeee Haaaa! Da da da da DWAGS!!!!!!!!

CenTexDave
November 12th, 2011, 6:42 PM
What a 4th quarter!!!! Was 41-20 at the end of the 3rd and the Dawgs pulled it out, and stopped Horn on a two-point conversion.

corgifan
November 12th, 2011, 7:09 PM
Wish I was at the game... from the 4th quarter on!

lovinlife
November 12th, 2011, 8:16 PM
Wish I was at the game... from the 4th quarter on!

yeah...the first half wasn't much fun. :( but man on man...Cove fans were rocking The Case in the 4th!!!:)

Night Owl
November 13th, 2011, 11:32 AM
GO DAWGS!!!! Never count them down and out!!!!!

cnjbond
November 14th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Sounds like Jimbob was right in his prediction...

CenTexDave
November 14th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I admit, I tossed in the towel at halftime and turned off the radio. Big surprise two hours later when I found out they had won.
And don't anyone underestimate how good Mesquite Horn really is. Their losses have come to state powerhouses like DeSoto, Longview, Coppel, etc. And they played all those teams very close.

Night Owl
November 14th, 2011, 12:19 PM
And they played another state powerhouse close but still lost.:)

lovinlife
November 14th, 2011, 7:42 PM
I'm laughing my butt off at the Cove fans who exited the stands at half-time....they sure missed the best 2nd half of all halves!!! That's why you don't leave. Stay there and support those kids-winning or losing! It aint over till the clock hits zero!!!

Now...let's go get Garland Rowlett at Jerry World Friday night at 9:00....CAN'T WAIT!!!

jimbob
November 15th, 2011, 7:36 AM
Cove is best coached team in state. Players play thier hearts out!8-;

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2011, 9:27 AM
Jack Welch instills that in them. Just wish they wouldn't commit so many penalties, but that just shows eagerness and aggressiveness.