PDA

View Full Version : This massage question is for the guys!

christy1969
November 2nd, 2011, 2:13 PM
Seems how I work at Knockouts HairCuts for Men (boxing themed salon), my next question is directed towards men but women feel free to answer if you want!

What would be a more comfortable massage room/environment for guys?

Please be descriptive towards the room decor (if any) as well as music, lotions or cream displayed, etc.
My massage therapy business is STRICTLY NON SEXUAL so please refrain from sexual comments! Thanks

Night Owl
November 2nd, 2011, 3:54 PM
I have never had a massage but I'm normally not chatty. Displays should not be trying to sell something, makes is seem more like a used car lot. In the reception area would be ok but not in the treatment room.

Ludwig
November 2nd, 2011, 4:06 PM
... STRICTLY NON SEXUAL...

Other than my barber beating me on the back, I've never had one of those... sorry I can't help you from an experiential sense. I suppose a lot of wood and leather, some head of dead critters, C&W music and a musky scent may be found attractive to the CTT males... and not a few of the females. :)):))

THEMEANOGRE
November 2nd, 2011, 4:52 PM
I'm with Night Owl on displays in the treatment area. I don't want the therapist trying to sell me something when the object is relaxation.
Also, a therapist I used to go to long ago found a tape or disc of a sailing ship under way that she used for me. I don't know if any of her other clients listened to it, but I found it quite relaxing.

CenTexDave
November 3rd, 2011, 2:34 PM
None of you guys ever got a massage in Thailand??? :))

stormy
November 3rd, 2011, 3:07 PM
I've only had massages from one lady, but I loved going to her. The room was dim, but had low, relaxing lighting and the furniture was made out of dark, mahogany type woods. The decor was mostly dark soothing colors and black with leopard print accessories and darker colored matching pillows and nice jungle-type themed prints on the walls. I think the walls were painted like a dark red. There was no advertisements or things for sale, just a comfy dark place to relax with some type of relaxing music faintly playing in the background. She had a lot of male clients too, my fiance was one of them, (he's the one that bought me the massages) and he really liked how the place was decorated too. My boss (also a male) was another one of her customers and he also commented how he liked the way she had it decorated. It was just very relaxing.

xzochye
November 3rd, 2011, 5:12 PM
:offtopic:offtopic:offtopic:offtopic

Stormy is posting in this section? Are you a guy! DOH! I have always thought you were a woman!!!

Okay back to the topic at hand.......

stormy
November 3rd, 2011, 5:47 PM
Nope, you are correct! I am a woman! Since the original poster said that the women could chime in, being the woman that I am, I decided to put my two cents in lol :)

xzochye
November 3rd, 2011, 5:59 PM
Oh okay! Good! LOL!

Night Owl
November 3rd, 2011, 7:09 PM
Nope, you are correct! I am a woman! Since the original poster said that the women could chime in, being the woman that I am, I decided to put my two cents in lol :)

Typical woman!!!!:)

christine
November 4th, 2011, 8:47 AM
I think you should just keep it simple. low lighting soft music. that will be good for both sexes. Men who have never had one will be uncomfortable enough without making it seem like a girly spa.

Ludwig
November 4th, 2011, 10:34 AM
She did say non-sexual, I would guess that only girly guys would go to such a spa anyway, right after they get their chest waxed. :):)

THEMEANOGRE
November 4th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I've been to a number of MTs in this area, and have yet to see a "girlie" spa. All the ones I've been to were fairly professional in their presentation and treatment areas.

I suppose the MT to whom Christine goes has posters of bulky muscled men in nearly nothin' but body oil hanging on his walls <snark>

christine
November 4th, 2011, 1:24 PM
BTW MO. WTF? surprisingly most women don't care to look at men the way men do women...so don't assume anything your starting to sound like a certain person 8-;

Rick
November 4th, 2011, 1:46 PM
They do when they're looking at me...but that's a whole other topic. :))

Night Owl
November 4th, 2011, 2:36 PM
They do when they're looking at me...but that's a whole other topic. :))

And I thought I was the only one that happened to.:)

THEMEANOGRE
November 4th, 2011, 2:42 PM
I consider myself to be a real man. I have no problem with getting a massage. I used to need one on a daily basis. I enjoy an occasional manicure. I've even had a pedicure, just to see what the fuss was. There are a number of things a metrosexual type does that I don't<waxing> If I want or need to get rid of body hair, I'll do it the old fashioned way.

BTW, Christine, I recently saw an article that claims most purchases of adult movies are made by women. Also, the largest bulk of adult oriented literature is purchased either by or on behalf of women(romance <read 'bodice ripper' novels>). As to other forms of adult entertaiinment, I won't speculate. The truth is many women get their erotic stimulation through the printed word. Whereas men tend to be more visually stimulated.

Night Owl
November 4th, 2011, 3:52 PM
I consider myself to be a real man. I have no problem with getting a massage. I used to need one on a daily basis. I enjoy an occasional manicure. I've even had a pedicure, just to see what the fuss was. There are a number of things a metrosexual type does that I don't<waxing> If I want or need to get rid of body hair, I'll do it the old fashioned way.

BTW, Christine, I recently saw an article that claims most purchases of adult movies are made by women. Also, the largest bulk of adult oriented literature is purchased either by or on behalf of women(romance <read 'bodice ripper' novels>). As to other forms of adult entertaiinment, I won't speculate. The truth is many women get their erotic stimulation through the printed word. Whereas men tend to be more visually stimulated.

Well at least you do, most others don't.

christine
November 4th, 2011, 5:15 PM
Oh brother. I'm trying to be good and stay on topic but some are making it difficult. Lol

Scarlett
November 4th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Best part of being an admin? I can still read the deleted messages. Hahahahaha. Oh lawd!

Rick
November 5th, 2011, 5:50 AM
Ya, I didn't want a "lover's spat" muddying up a thread while someone is trying to promote their small business.

christine
November 5th, 2011, 7:14 PM
Lol Rick we both know you love a good drama. Lol hahaha

Rick
November 5th, 2011, 11:20 PM
:thumbsup sometimes.