PDA

View Full Version : Heights vs. Cove

jimbob
October 29th, 2011, 3:57 PM
Harker Heights is a much bigger and more physical team than Cove. This is a matchup that favors the Knights. HH 28 Cove 14. Heights is out to prove they have the best defense and Cove will have a hard time moving the ball.

Wolfdawg
October 29th, 2011, 8:50 PM
Without mentioning a student and putting down his abilities (Dave), I will call bull and Cove will put this game away.8-;

Night Owl
October 29th, 2011, 9:11 PM
Cove 54 Ellison 6

CenTexDave
October 29th, 2011, 9:50 PM
We ain't playing Ellison, we're playing Heights. Heights always plays Cove tough. An upset? Possible, but not probable.

Kindguy
October 30th, 2011, 9:29 AM
Heights is out of the playoffs, Cove is playing for district title. Cove 34 HH14

jimbob
October 30th, 2011, 5:51 PM
Kindguy, you are wrong. Heights is wanting to prove that the Dawgs can not run the ball on their much bigger defense. I have watched HH and their offense will run over the Dawgs. I am for the Dawgs but thats the way I see it.:-s

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Not again, JimBob? You predicted much the same for Shoemaker. :))

jimbob
October 31st, 2011, 7:38 AM
Harker Heights has the number 1 defense in the district. CenTex I wish you were right, but I'm telling you this is UPSET week!!!:-s I want the Dawgs to win, but Heights defense is TOO strong and defense wins games.

xzochye
October 31st, 2011, 7:48 AM
Harker Heights has the number 1 defense in the district. CenTex I wish you were right, but I'm telling you this is UPSET week!!!:-s I want the Dawgs to win, but Heights defense is TOO strong and defense wins games.

You said the exact same thing about SHS's defense!

Night Owl
October 31st, 2011, 7:51 AM
Dallas had bigger, stronger players than Philly. Philly had quicker, faster players. Guess who won thta game. Not the bigger, stronger team.

jimbob
October 31st, 2011, 8:58 AM
I hope you guys are right. I was wrong (badly) on the Shoemaker game and hope I'm wrong on Heights but Heights 32 Cove 17!:-s

CenTexDave
October 31st, 2011, 9:09 AM
I know you think you are motivating the Cove players by posting this stuff.
Although Heights always plays Cove very tough, there is no way the Dawgs are going to let this undefeated, undisputed district championship slip through their hands.
Dawgs - 32, Heights 18

jimbob
October 31st, 2011, 1:20 PM
I hope it motivates the players and coaches. They cannot take these guys lightly. Should be a great game.:)

Kindguy
October 31st, 2011, 1:38 PM
Jimbob, you are lost. The 'dawns are playing like a machine. As long as they keep their attitudes humble, they will win. They play hard.:)

Kindguy
October 31st, 2011, 1:39 PM
Dawgs

CenTexDave
November 3rd, 2011, 9:31 PM
36-12 Dawgs, a few minutes to go. Not a blowout, but handily won.
I will say this is probably the most penalized Dawg team in history. If they don't get over that they will be one and done in the playoffs.

Night Owl
November 3rd, 2011, 9:38 PM
Not a 54-6 blowout but good enough to get the W!!!! Go Dawgs.

jimbob
November 4th, 2011, 7:52 AM
Could be one and done, or two and blue, or three and ohhhhh me, or four and kicked the door, or .... But they are getting there. If the Dawgs get beat it will because of something won't it?:rolleyes

CenTexDave
November 4th, 2011, 10:09 AM
They have their revenge game next Saturday, Nov 12, at 1PM at Floyd Casey Stadium (Baylor's home field) against Mesquite Horn. I think the Dawgs can win this one. but they need to stay focused all week during practice and not think about the following week's opponent, who will undoubtedly be Longview. Longview beat Desoto last night. Yikes.

jimbob
November 5th, 2011, 8:20 AM
I love the one and done rime. The obvious is many focus on the negeative instead of being proud to get one in the sun, or two in the sky blue. I heard a coach give those examples and it makes sense. I'm happy for our team at any level.8-;

CenTexDave
November 5th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I think they will beat Mesquite Horn. They won't be overlooking them as they did last year.
But in the second round - Longview!!! The just beat DeSoto. Yikes.:))

lovinlife
November 5th, 2011, 3:48 PM
According to the UIL playoff bracket, if we beat Horn, we will play the winner of Garland Rowlett/Richardson Lake Highlands. We wouldn't meet up with Longview until the quarterfinals. Poor Temple gets them in the first round!!

http://www.uiltexas.org//files/athletics/brackets/football/football-5a-d2.pdf

Go Dawgs!!!

CenTexDave
November 5th, 2011, 7:52 PM
That's good. Possible, maybe possible, a run to the Regionals.

dawglover
November 6th, 2011, 3:02 PM
Harker Heights is a much bigger and more physical team than Cove. This is a matchup that favors the Knights. HH 28 Cove 14. Heights is out to prove they have the best defense and Cove will have a hard time moving the ball.

Ha ha ha!!! :bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl Talk about having to suck eggs. Whoa! That call of yours was big time wrong and big time embarrassing for you. Not quite as embarrassing as it was for those folks who picked Shoemaker to beat Cove, but bad nonetheless. As usual, Cove whpped ass on them - again.

So, what do you have to say now that the game is over jimbob? :)):)

dawglover
November 6th, 2011, 3:05 PM
That's good. Possible, maybe possible, a run to the Regionals.

Aww, I'm thinking state. :thumbsup:thumbsup

jimbob
November 7th, 2011, 7:37 AM
I ate crow big time. Heights was no match for the Dawgs. I was wrong the last two weeks and admit it. Go Dawgs in the playoffs!!!:)

Night Owl
November 7th, 2011, 7:54 AM
We know it was wishful thinking. Everyone has to have hope.

GO DAWGS!!!!

jimbob
November 8th, 2011, 7:35 AM
Ha ha ha!!! :bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl Talk about having to suck eggs. Whoa! That call of yours was big time wrong and big time embarrassing for you. Not quite as embarrassing as it was for those folks who picked Shoemaker to beat Cove, but bad nonetheless. As usual, Cove whpped ass on them - again.

So, what do you have to say now that the game is over jimbob? :)):)It is easier to eat crow when it is the Dawgs that win. I am so impressed watching those players and coaches. They are intense and play every play hard. Go Dawgs.