PDA

View Full Version : CUP: Windshields Confiscated From Toyota Teams

TheOldProgrammer
October 22nd, 2011, 6:38 AM
Take away the slick stuff used in past races and the engineers get creative...

Of, as is typical of NA$CAR, they don't tell you what they found...

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-windshields-confiscated-from-toyota-teams-nascar-sprint/

Penalties to be announced next week... Fines? Suspensions? Probation? Driver Points? Owner Points? All of the above?

:smoke

TheOldProgrammer
October 23rd, 2011, 6:11 AM
Additional information as to which cars were involved...

NASCAR Confiscates Windshields: NASCAR confiscated the windshields from Michael Waltrip Racing's #00 and #56 Toyotas and from the #47 Toyota for JTG-Daugherty Racing on Friday at Talladega Superspeedway. Each team was forced to switch out the windshield for a new one after they were found to have unapproved modifications. Any penalties for the infraction will come next week. The #00 and #56 cars went out and paced the final practice session.

Mestral
October 26th, 2011, 6:45 AM
Unaproved modifications to the windshield?
... to the windshield?
Talk about intrusive regulation.
Glad I don't follow this stuff any more.

TheOldProgrammer
October 26th, 2011, 7:33 AM
NASCAR suspends 6 over illegal windshields

CONCORD, N.C. (AP)—NASCAR has issued four-week suspensions to the crew chiefs and car chiefs for Martin Truex Jr., David Reutimann and Bobby Labonte.

Chad Johnson, Rodney Childers and Frank Kerr also were fined $50,000 each, and the drivers docked 25 points apiece. The penalties are from illegal windshields discovered during Friday inspection at Talladega Superspeedway. NASCAR says they did not have the appropriate thickness.

Also suspended were car chiefs Steve Channing, Raymond Fox and Anthony Lunders.

The windshields were never used in competition.

The teams say they will not appeal the penalties.

Mestral
October 26th, 2011, 10:15 AM
NASCAR says they did not have the appropriate thickness.
OK, I did not expect that.
I would have thought the drivers would have been screaming over that.