PDA

View Full Version : shucking corn

circle_c
October 19th, 2011, 6:26 PM
First time I heard of this. Add 4 minutes per ear. have to try it some time, although I don't know why.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBF6bv4Oe4

JoAnn Purser
October 20th, 2011, 6:45 AM
Loved it! Almost like a magic trick.

Bet you could grill directly on the BBQ pit for a minute or two and have great corn on the cob.

Thanks for sharing that.

Night Owl
October 20th, 2011, 7:13 AM
Corn off the grill is the best thing you can eat.

Ludwig
October 20th, 2011, 8:47 AM
Generally I consider maize to be edible only by livestock. However freshly picked and grilled ears of sweet corn have been known to tickle my palate. This shucking method makes a great deal of sense except that one looses several kernels of goodness thereby.

christine
October 20th, 2011, 1:18 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else kind of giggle when they hear the phrase "Shucking Corn".

circle_c
October 20th, 2011, 1:20 PM
When I have a big family get together and the season is ripe with fresh corn, I always soak a bunch with the husks in a tub with salt water overnight. Ready for the grill the next day. Now that's what I'm talking about.

circle_c
October 20th, 2011, 1:22 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else kind of giggle when they hear the phrase "Shucking Corn". Yep, reminds me of Hee-Haw for one thing

christine
October 20th, 2011, 1:23 PM
It just sounds dirty lol

Night Owl
October 20th, 2011, 1:41 PM
When I have a big family get together and the season is ripe with fresh corn, I always soak a bunch with the husks in a tub with salt water overnight. Ready for the grill the next day. Now that's what I'm talking about.

I will have to try this. Where can I get sea water?:)

circle_c
October 20th, 2011, 3:05 PM
:)) The closest I am aware of is Houston or Corpus. otherwise try HEB and make your own. :)

christine
October 20th, 2011, 3:15 PM
I will have to try this. Where can I get sea water?:)
water and add sea salt maybe? lol

Night Owl
October 20th, 2011, 3:36 PM
:)) The closest I am aware of is Houston or Corpus. otherwise try HEB and make your own. :)

That is technically gulf water.:)

circle_c
October 20th, 2011, 4:49 PM
That is technically gulf water.:) Ah yes but still a division of the Ocean in a gulf. ;)

Night Owl
October 20th, 2011, 7:53 PM
But gulf water is nasty, not like the deep blue seas.:) Guess I will have to make my own.