PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Discussion

mac
September 17th, 2011, 11:34 AM
can anyone explain what's goin' on 'tween hendrick and childress? i heard just enough yesterday to pique my curiosity.....something, maybe, about childress having one of his drivers take out another driver so one of his drivers could win maybe? like i say, i don't know what it was, just heard enough to wet my interest....mac

TheOldProgrammer
September 17th, 2011, 2:54 PM
can anyone explain what's goin' on 'tween hendrick and childress? i heard just enough yesterday to pique my curiosity.....something, maybe, about childress having one of his drivers take out another driver so one of his drivers could win maybe? like i say, i don't know what it was, just heard enough to wet my interest....mac

Here mac; this might provide you the information you seek...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AnCEhb8kBIhJkqO80QFSJ8rov7YF?slug=jh-caution_harvick_menard_gordon__091511

:smoke

mac
September 17th, 2011, 4:23 PM
thanx, op. got it........it did seem at the time to be kind of....gratuitous at the time. about 2 minutes earlier i heard him tell someone on his crew that his front right was losin' air and at the time the tv was on him and the announcher said no it wasn't, it must be someone else and i could tell too that his front right wasn't low......i would hate to think that childress would stoop to that....in fact, i'm not sure that harwick would go along with it either. i kind of think ole smiley is prob'ly a stand tall person......mac

Here mac; this might provide you the information you seek...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AnCEhb8kBIhJkqO80QFSJ8rov7YF?slug=jh-caution_harvick_menard_gordon__091511

TheOldProgrammer
September 18th, 2011, 7:13 AM
Here's a question I pose to you mac, for the sake of discussion: can the announcer in the booth hundreds of feet in the air, or you for that matter, really tell if a tire is low or not?

Personally, I don't think even the driver can tell for sure... He/she can only feel that something is wrong and then BOOM, his tire blows out...

I do agree that I don't think RCR, or Harvick, would stoop that low but, in the 'heat of battle' one never knows...

mac
September 18th, 2011, 10:51 AM
yes, OP, i can tell by lookin' at the car on TV if it has a low tire or a tire goin' down. so can you, so can any one..... but you just may not know it yet.......mac

Rick
September 18th, 2011, 2:04 PM
Will Gordon ever NOT whine when he loses?

mac
September 18th, 2011, 2:33 PM
whoa rick.......are you ok with mennard intentionally causing a caution......is that ok with you?.....mac

Will Gordon ever NOT whine when he loses?

Rick
September 18th, 2011, 2:49 PM
I really don't care. But...

The only two things that are certain here are:

1. Cars spin all the time.
2. Gordon whines when he loses.

By the way, Johnson intentionally caused a caution in that very same race when he tried to take Kurt Bush out. I didn't hear Jeffy whining about that.

mac
September 18th, 2011, 3:39 PM
you don't care? i'm kind of s'prised to hear that.

true, cars spin all the time.....but jeff does not whine when he loses....most of the time he says how much fun it was racin' the winner.

i don't think jimmy intentionally caused a caution....regardless of whether or not he tried to take bush out.....you could say that he did intentionally try to take kurt out....but don't think it's correct to say he intentionally caused a caution....i think he'd just as as not have a caution as have one....caution wasn't his goal......maybe screwin' up kurt's car was though.....mac

I really don't care. But...

The only two things that are certain here are:

1. Cars spin all the time.
2. Gordon whines when he loses.

By the way, Johnson intentionally caused a caution in that very same race when he tried to take Kurt Bush out. I didn't hear Jeffy whining about that.

Rick
September 18th, 2011, 6:19 PM
LOL Jeffy has a history of whining when he loses.

Johnson had to know that wrecking into someone will bring out a caution and when he did, his teamate, Jr, got the free pass and that put him on the lead lap... Just saying.

mac
September 18th, 2011, 6:33 PM
well, you're gona believe what you want to believe, rick, and that's ok.....but, you prob'ly know as well as i do that JJ and kurt had a history and that jj was determined to kurt into the wall or grass no matter what......and i don't think it'd mattered if jr. wasn't even at the track......it was gonna happen.....mac

LOL Jeffy has a history of whining when he loses.

Johnson had to know that wrecking into someone will bring out a caution and when he did, his teamate, Jr, got the free pass and that put him on the lead lap... Just saying.

Rick
September 18th, 2011, 7:46 PM
And Jeffy should get www.kleenex.com (http://www.kleenex.com) as a sponsor. :))

No worries, spins happen, cautions are part of the sport. Bottom line, Harvick had a faster car and did what he had to do to win.

TheOldProgrammer
September 19th, 2011, 6:44 AM
Kleenex has been a sponsor for Juan Pablo Montoya this season... He and JJ have a history also...

IMO, JPM needs to return to open wheel racing, IndyCar or F1... He has no business in NA$CAR...

mac
September 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
how many top 10s do you think juan pablo would have to get befor you'd consider him "having business in nascar"? he already has more than most of those on the starting grid......mac

Kleenex has been a sponsor for Juan Pablo Montoya this season... He and JJ have a history also...

IMO, JPM needs to return to open wheel racing, IndyCar or F1... He has no business in NA$CAR...

TheOldProgrammer
September 19th, 2011, 2:43 PM
He needs wins to prove he belongs there... As for his having move than most on the starting grid, you're gonna have to prove that with fact and where you obtained the facts you're using...

mac
September 19th, 2011, 6:02 PM
oh my goodness, i can't believe you really said that. just start at next weeks line up from the back and make a check on a piece of paper whether or not the guy ever had a win or not......make a check if he didn't and i s'pect you'll get to 21 or 22 checks real quickk!......but just to make and double up on my point, i will also state that juan has 2 as many top 10s as the last 5 on the starting grid ......i guess i could prob'ly also say that juan's had m ore wins than jr since and including his last win. not sayin' i like juan, although i do, but i'm just sayin' he belongs out there as much as and more than half of the starting grid does....mac (worst of all, you know i'm right)

TheOldProgrammer
September 19th, 2011, 7:52 PM
oh my goodness, i can't believe you really said that. just start at next weeks line up from the back and make a check on a piece of paper whether or not the guy ever had a win or not......make a check if he didn't and i s'pect you'll get to 21 or 22 checks real quickk!......but just to make and double up on my point, i will also state that juan has 2 as many top 10s as the last 5 on the starting grid ......i guess i could prob'ly also say that juan's had m ore wins than jr since and including his last win. not sayin' i like juan, although i do, but i'm just sayin' he belongs out there as much as and more than half of the starting grid does....mac (worst of all, you know i'm right)

I really did say it...

You're comparing apples and oranges... The last five on the starting grid have to race their way into the starting lineup and then after they run 10-20 laps they park the car...

Not in your lifetime do I know that...