PDA

View Full Version : Will Danica Have Better Success In NASCAR Than Indycar?

corgifan
August 18th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Hard to say, but I predict it will be more of the same. High expectations, sub-par results. Those boys are going to play with her in ways that she never sees in an Indy racer.

TheOldProgrammer
August 18th, 2011, 6:52 AM
I have to disagree... I think she'll meet expectations in NA$CAR... Compare this year's results to last year...

Here's the article from Yahoo! Sports:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles/post/Danica-Patrick-prepares-to-jump-to-NASCAR-full-t;_ylt=AvYRE1xZGWcfreuMEZVXnyfov7YF?urn=nascar-wp3191

:smoke

Chief
August 18th, 2011, 4:24 PM
Danica, Danica, Danica. She won't win a race in NASCAR.

Ludwig
August 18th, 2011, 4:28 PM
She's not about racing anyway. She's just a publicity hound banking on her looks, which next to grease monkey and smelly drivers, are almost pleasant.

TheOldProgrammer
August 18th, 2011, 4:32 PM
Let me guess here... Both of you think that women have no place in auto racing...

gnatsum
August 18th, 2011, 6:07 PM
Danica with fenders and bumpers...hmmmm...
Let's see her mix it up on the track MORE now with Kurt, Kyle, Juan Pablo, Kez, Happy, the Biff, and cousin Carl!
I predict that the body shop crew at Hendrick will grow to hate her! LOL

Hell, Maryeve Dufault is a BETTER ARCA driver AND better looking, to boot!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles/post/Former-Price-is-Right-model-to-make-NASCAR-debut?urn=nascar-wp3160

Chief
August 18th, 2011, 6:35 PM
Let me guess here... Both of you think that women have no place in auto racing...

You're looking for an arguement. I have no problem with women in racing. I just believe you should be competitive and win once in a while before everyone makes a star out of you. She has good PR people, she has minimal talent.

Ludwig
August 18th, 2011, 10:59 PM

No problem if the woman is there to race. I just have no use for some affirmative action bimbo not willing or able to do the hard work.

TheOldProgrammer
August 19th, 2011, 7:05 AM
You're looking for an arguement. I have no problem with women in racing. I just believe you should be competitive and win once in a while before everyone makes a star out of you. She has good PR people, she has minimal talent.

Quite the contrary... I asked a question based on my interpretation of your comment... Are you saying she hasn't been competitive in the Nationwide Series this year? She's been more competitive there than in IndyCar... So how are all the other female drivers doing in the NNS? She's got more talent in her little finger than most of the NNS drivers...

No problem if the woman is there to race. I just have no use for some affirmative action bimbo not willing or able to do the hard work.

So you think she's just there to make left-hand turns? Take a look at her record this year in the Nationwide Series... If she wasn't 'willing and able' she wouldn't be in NA$CAR...

Night Owl
August 19th, 2011, 7:44 AM
She is driving in NASCAR which is more than I can say for 99.9% of men in the US.

Chief
August 19th, 2011, 9:48 AM
Old Programmer. I posted this a while back.

Folks, her debut seasoin was 2005. Since that time she has had 109 starts, 1 win, and her best finish over 12 years has been 5th. She's over hyped and she won't win in Nascar either.
I don't consider my self narrow-minded. Her stats speak for themselves. Sports Illustrated swinsuit edition, GoDaddy commercials have sold her on sex appeal. Playboy offered her a chance to pose (which she declined), but that's her contribution to her bank account.

Nothing to be excited about in those stats.

Ludwig
August 19th, 2011, 10:03 AM
She is driving in NASCAR which is more than I can say for 99.9% of men in the US.

I'm not sure but I think that "inane" aptly describes this comment. Sometimes it's better to keep your fingers off the keyboard until your brain is in gear and clear of all intoxicants.

Night Owl
August 19th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I guess my comment went over your head but I have found on most topics that is a normal state for you. When's the last time you drove in NASCAR?

Ludwig
August 19th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I guess my comment went over your head but I have found on most topics that is a normal state for you. When's the last time you drove in NASCAR?

Damn! Two in a row. Want to go for a record?

TheOldProgrammer
August 19th, 2011, 3:14 PM
Old Programmer. I posted this a while back.

Folks, her debut seasoin was 2005. Since that time she has had 109 starts, 1 win, and her best finish over 12 years has been 5th. She's over hyped and she won't win in Nascar either.
I don't consider my self narrow-minded. Her stats speak for themselves. Sports Illustrated swinsuit edition, GoDaddy commercials have sold her on sex appeal. Playboy offered her a chance to pose (which she declined), but that's her contribution to her bank account.

Nothing to be excited about in those stats.

I remember this... We're talking now, NA$CAR not IndyCar... There's no comparison...

I've said all I'm going to say on this subject... At least in this thread...

Chief
August 19th, 2011, 8:36 PM
You are right, there is no comparison. NASCAR is more difficult. She won't win in NASCAR. She has a better chance with go-carts.