PDA

View Full Version : Woods heads home, no-names carry on in Atlanta

TheOldProgrammer
August 13th, 2011, 5:42 AM
I have to think now that Tiger is done... He's washed up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-pgachampionship

:smoke

cnjbond
August 13th, 2011, 7:47 PM
I think he still has one or two more wins in him, but I don't think he'll get the Bear's record now...

Night Owl
August 13th, 2011, 7:56 PM
He was never the golfer the Golden Bear was. Woods and the younger golfers have much better clubs and balls now. They make a 7500 yd course play like a 5500 yd course. Jack and the players of his era would eat these guys lunch on a daily basis.

CenTexDave
August 14th, 2011, 9:19 AM
I agree. Tiger was the greatest of his generation, but like football teams of the past, can't really compare. Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus were, IMHO, the greatest ever. Might offend some real old timers who will think Bobby Jones, etc. were, but advances in technology - to include balls, clubs, layout of courses - made Tiger look great.

cnjbond
December 5th, 2011, 2:55 PM
Well he got another win...now let's see if he can win a major.

TheOldProgrammer
December 5th, 2011, 3:55 PM
Was amused by the media saying that 'Tiger is Back"... When he's competitive in all tournaments next year I'll believe it... Until then, he's still washed up...

:smoke

cnjbond
December 5th, 2011, 4:10 PM
Yeah I laughed at that one too. The guy FINALLY won a tournament after a 2yr drought...BARELY! I agree, he's got to win a few more with stiffer competition before I'll consider him back. Not that my opinion counts since I'm not a professional golf coach/instructor.

corgifan
December 10th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Was amused by the media saying that 'Tiger is Back"... When he's competitive in all tournaments next year I'll believe it... Until then, he's still washed up...
Considering that he's "washed up", the $1,200,000 he just made for playing four rounds of golf over four days is more than I can gross in 24 years of teaching at the current highest level in KISD's pay scale. (sigh...)