PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss

sasquatch
August 10th, 2011, 7:13 AM
Ok guys, several of you have tried the various places in town. Does NuBody really work? Texas Weightloss center? Xtra Thin? I'm thinking about doing TWC, but Nubody sound interesting. Perhaps a little too good to be true. Anyone tried it?

And if any of the business are reading the forum, PLEASE at least one day a week, stay open til 8 for those of us who work in Temple and would be rushed to get there by 5:30 or 6.

I really would like to hear success stories. Thanks.

Rick
August 10th, 2011, 8:31 AM
All I did with NuBody was the passive exercise a couple of times. I don't know if Zerona works our not.

Texas Weight Loss has a clinic in Temple. I am not sure if Xtra thin does or not.

kisdparent
August 10th, 2011, 1:13 PM
Xtra thin advertises a Temple location.

onetime
August 10th, 2011, 1:48 PM
I have used it a few times and it works, but it is like any other diet in that if you do not eat properly and exercise at least 30 minutes at minimum five times a week it is a waste and a costly one at that. They have a few shots that help speed up your metabolic rate or boost energy, but prepare to drop major coin in there.

Texas Immigrant
August 21st, 2011, 12:52 AM
I lost almost 70 pounds on XTra Thin.

Ludwig
August 21st, 2011, 6:19 AM
I lost almost 70 pounds on XTra Thin.

They are not lost. I found them.

SocialB
August 23rd, 2011, 6:03 AM
Before Nubody opened I tried most of them around town and others. The list is almost endless. I did TWC and lost but ended up gaining even more back after the prescriptions ran out and was constantly wired. I won't do HCG, I just don't beleive that it is healthy and if I cut out all of the stuff that you're not allowed and only eat 500 calories a day, I'd probably lose anyway. These are just my opinions. I am biased but Nubody has several different options to choose from, not just Zerona. They offer a nutritional program, Ideal Protein, in which your meals run $3.85 per meal and it is scientifically proven. I lost over 30lbs last April and haven't gained it back yet. They have the food on sight, and if you don't like it, you can take it in and swap it for something else. They also offer a no impact exercise and several different body wraps and infrared wraps. The consultation is free and so is your first session of Passive Exercise. You'll see pictures of their success stories from right here in Central Texas and you can even speak to some if you want. It cost you absolutely nothing to check them out and most of their services are guaranteed so you only have the lbs to lose! : )

bigtruk_us
January 15th, 2012, 7:01 PM
Is there an anytime fitness center in your area?

bigtruk_us
January 15th, 2012, 7:02 PM
Go to anytimefitness.co
M.to find a location near you.open 24/7

Night Owl
January 17th, 2012, 3:50 PM
Adkins works.

sojourner truth
January 17th, 2012, 6:07 PM
Losing weight is simple. Burn more calories than you consume. Hard to do when every place you go to supersizes everything. The key is portion size. You can still eat the same food, just train your stomach to be happy with less. The adjustment period for me was about 2 weeks. Now it seems normal.

ItsMe
January 17th, 2012, 8:45 PM
Losing weight is simple. Burn more calories than you consume. Hard to do when every place you go to supersizes everything. The key is portion size. You can still eat the same food, just train your stomach to be happy with less. The adjustment period for me was about 2 weeks. Now it seems normal.

Quick fixes are NOT the answer!

sojourner truth
January 18th, 2012, 6:52 AM
Quick fixes are NOT the answer!

How is this a "quick fix"? Fad diets are a quick fix. Adkins, South beach, all carbs, no carbs, are all fads that may work for a while, but always fail. I know. I have had friends that tried all of them. The friends I have that HAVE lost weight and kept it off all use the "smaller portion" method and succeed. The problem most people have is that they either eat too much, or exercise not enough. There is a fine balance. The truth is that if you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. It's so simple that most people don't see it. The other problem is that people think they ought to be able to eat all they want, whatever they want, and be able to lose weight. Like my fat buddy at work who kept demanding that his doctor "give him a pill" to lose wieght. The doctor told him to eat less. He couldn't/wouldn't, and finally had his tummy stapled because he had no self control. It worked, for a while, until he figured out how to train his new tummy to accept more and more food. He wasted a bunch of money on the surgery. Losing weight requires discipline, which most people just don't have. I weigh 25 pounds less since I retired from the Army in 1989. All this by learning to control serving size. And I'm not starving either.

bigtruk_us
January 18th, 2012, 7:52 AM
The lapband has fixed my eating problems.the tighter the band gets.the less I eat.neat concept

sojourner truth
January 18th, 2012, 9:01 AM
The lapband has fixed my eating problems.the tighter the band gets.the less I eat.neat concept

If the person who has it done sticks to the program, they do well. To me, losing weight is like quitting smoking...You really have to want to do it or you fail. Like Mark Twain once said "Quitting smoking is the easiest thing in the world, I've done it hundreds of times". Weight loss is 90% attitude combined with a lot of will power.

Ludwig
January 18th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I like eating too much. I see my weight as an undesirable byproduct of doing what I enjoy... kind of like pregnancy.

Night Owl
January 18th, 2012, 2:12 PM
Dang Ludwig where did your sense of humor come from. It is getting better every day.:)):))

sojourner truth
January 18th, 2012, 2:28 PM
I like eating too much. I see my weight as an undesirable byproduct of doing what I enjoy... kind of like pregnancy.

Yeah, there comes a time in life when you look in the mirror and say "screw it, who am I trying to impress" and just do what you want. It's not like were trying to impress women any more, so why bother. When the last time you got a piece of a$$ was when your finger broke through the toilet paper, you say "supersize me", what the heck.

ItsMe
January 18th, 2012, 10:13 PM
How is this a "quick fix"? Fad diets are a quick fix. Adkins, South beach, all carbs, no carbs, are all fads that may work for a while, but always fail. I know. I have had friends that tried all of them. The friends I have that HAVE lost weight and kept it off all use the "smaller portion" method and succeed. The problem most people have is that they either eat too much, or exercise not enough. There is a fine balance. The truth is that if you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. It's so simple that most people don't see it. The other problem is that people think they ought to be able to eat all they want, whatever they want, and be able to lose weight. Like my fat buddy at work who kept demanding that his doctor "give him a pill" to lose wieght. The doctor told him to eat less. He couldn't/wouldn't, and finally had his tummy stapled because he had no self control. It worked, for a while, until he figured out how to train his new tummy to accept more and more food. He wasted a bunch of money on the surgery. Losing weight requires discipline, which most people just don't have. I weigh 25 pounds less since I retired from the Army in 1989. All this by learning to control serving size. And I'm not starving either.

Sorry...not you not your comment...I was in agreement with you. I was just adding on to yours that quick fixes are not the way to go, what you were saying was correct! Sorry should have been more clear. The rest of the post is this section want to try all these centers with all this funny business and that's def not the way to go.

sojourner truth
January 19th, 2012, 4:02 PM
Sorry...not you not your comment...I was in agreement with you. I was just adding on to yours that quick fixes are not the way to go, what you were saying was correct! Sorry should have been more clear. The rest of the post is this section want to try all these centers with all this funny business and that's def not the way to go.

OK, my bad. My wifes fighting weight control right now, and actually gets mad because I lose while she gains. I tell her to observe the difference between our serving sizes and how we exercise. I really ticked her off when I told her what she needed was the "don't put the stuff in your mouth" diet. That did not go over well. Problem is people want to be their slim trim old selves, but they don't want to do what is really needed. Calorie control. If you do want to eat a lot, OK, but then you have to burn those calories off. There is no magic formula. Gyms are OK. They give you an entertainment factor if nothing else. Nothing beats good cardio maximum heart rate participation for burning calories, which is why so many don't lose weight. Its hard!!

Ludwig
January 19th, 2012, 4:13 PM
Hard work. You betcha. My wife keeps her hot looks only by going to Curves 5 days a week and then speed-walking three miles after each workout. Given her schedule, that means she gets up at 3:30 every morning and gets back to the house at 7:00. I, on the other hand, have taken the lighter route, getting up at 7:00, eating all I want and not caring what size I am. We are all free to pick our poison. I do not intend to be at my wife's funeral.

sojourner truth
January 19th, 2012, 7:18 PM
Hard work. You betcha. My wife keeps her hot looks only by going to Curves 5 days a week and then speed-walking three miles after each workout. Given her schedule, that means she gets up at 3:30 every morning and gets back to the house at 7:00. I, on the other hand, have taken the lighter route, getting up at 7:00, eating all I want and not caring what size I am. We are all free to pick our poison. I do not intend to be at my wife's funeral.

Eat right, diet, excercise, die anyhow huh. Someday there will be millions of people in the hospital who can't figure what they're dying of. I like my exercise routine, and and in great shape for a 62 year old man. But, still you can have a great body, but when it's attached to that face, why the hell bother. I hear ya Ludwig. I exercise more out of habit that anything else.

Ludwig
January 19th, 2012, 8:23 PM
Eat right, diet, excercise, die anyhow huh. Someday there will be millions of people in the hospital who can't figure what they're dying of. I like my exercise routine, and and in great shape for a 62 year old man. But, still you can have a great body, but when it's attached to that face, why the hell bother. I hear ya Ludwig. I exercise more out of habit that anything else.

62! I thought you were older than Grumpy and me! :)):))

Supergirl
January 20th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Would really like to hear who has what success in the in town places... been looking into them all...

And YES, I do know eat less calories, exercise more.. Been doing that FOR my entire career, over the last year I have gain 10 pounds that I am NOT comfortable with. I still meet my H/W requirements for the Army, my I am not happy. I even stopped drinking my much loved beer...sigh... I am beginning to think I need to accept my 10 pounds and move on... I am not 25 anymore when I could run 7 miles a day....

sojourner truth
January 20th, 2012, 6:08 AM
62! I thought you were older than Grumpy and me! :)):))

Together or seperately? You have to remember that prior to the salvation experience, I led a very rough life from age 16 to age 45. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll are not all they cracked up to be. Wellll..the drugs and rock and roll anyhow.

cnjbond
January 20th, 2012, 9:54 AM
Would really like to hear who has what success in the in town places... been looking into them all...

And YES, I do know eat less calories, exercise more.. Been doing that FOR my entire career, over the last year I have gain 10 pounds that I am NOT comfortable with. I still meet my H/W requirements for the Army, my I am not happy. I even stopped drinking my much loved beer...sigh... I am beginning to think I need to accept my 10 pounds and move on... I am not 25 anymore when I could run 7 miles a day....
I feel you on that one Supergirl! I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted and still maintain but not so much anymore. Thanksgiving and Christmas were mean to me, they tricked me into eating way more than I should've!! I have never had to be taped my entire 14yrs in the Army and hopefully I never will. I came in the Army weighing 125lbs at 6 feet (I had to get a waiver for being underweight) and now I'm 175lbs which is still ok, but it's WHERE those extra pounds are choosing to settle that's the problem.

ItsMe
January 20th, 2012, 9:06 PM
I have a WEIGHT problem...I can't WAIT to eat! :))

JoAnn Purser
January 20th, 2012, 9:56 PM
Try the seafood diet....When you see food, eat it!

sojourner truth
January 21st, 2012, 4:41 AM
Like I told my plump but lovely wife...Try the "don't put the stuff in your mouth" diet. The dog house was cold last night.

Ludwig
January 21st, 2012, 10:31 AM
Like I told my plump but lovely wife...Try the "don't put the stuff in your mouth" diet. The dog house was cold last night.

How dare you call her "plump"! Rubenesc would have been perhaps a better choice of words, or even curvy. :)

sojourner truth
January 21st, 2012, 10:38 AM
She knows I love her just the way she is. I'd rather have a woman that jiggles than one that rattles.

CenTexDave
January 21st, 2012, 10:57 AM
Besides, softer the cushion, better the pushin' :)

sojourner truth
January 21st, 2012, 2:45 PM
Yep, so long as you can still find the sweet spot.

ItsMe
January 22nd, 2012, 10:25 AM

Well if you've forgotten where it is...maybe youve got another problem! :))

sojourner truth
January 23rd, 2012, 8:17 AM
Not a matter of me remembering where it is, just of finding it in all the defilade.

Ludwig
January 23rd, 2012, 1:49 PM

Sweet and sour are detectable only by the tongue. Is Candida albicans sweet?

Texas Immigrant
January 23rd, 2012, 2:27 PM
I might be too conservative, but I'm thinking this thread has morphed into something that belongs in the 'adult' section.

ItsMe
January 23rd, 2012, 4:07 PM
Sweet and sour are detectable only by the tongue. Is Candida albicans sweet?

Bleh!

sojourner truth
January 23rd, 2012, 4:29 PM
OK, I agree. My apologies for lapsing into grossness. I won't tell you the joke about rolling a fat woman in flour then.

ItsMe
January 23rd, 2012, 5:37 PM
Call it! Time of death...5:37 pm

Grammar Rules
July 19th, 2013, 9:55 AM
Should this thread be put out of its misery as proposed 18 months ago?:))

Probably! However, rather than start a new thread, I'll try to divert this one back to weight loss. I like salads, especially in the summer, but as everyone knows, the high-fat dressings are nearly equivalent to eating a Big Mac. Dole has a salsa ranch Southwestern-type salad kit that includes lettuce, cheese, tortilla chips and dressing so good I could eat it alone, but again, high-fat! Most low-fat dressings taste like chemicals and corn syrup (because they are) so what to do?

Yogurt! Dressing, that is! Bolthouse Farms makes dressings with yogurt that are lower in fat and still delicious, available in the refrigerated section next to the bagged mixed salad greens and lettuce. Salsa Ranch, Caesar Parmigiano, and others. Crumble some tortilla chips or croutons, low fat cheese, chicken chunks, whatever, and enjoy better salads.

SamBrown
July 19th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Or make your own dressing. It is so easy. Get some good vinegar, olive oil or any other oil, add a little salt, a little sugar, fresh ground pepper, dill, parley, cilantro, green onions, some Greek yoghurt and, if you like, garlic. Wonderful and so much better than bottled "stuff". If the vinegar taste is too strong, just add a little water ....done.

Ludwig
July 19th, 2013, 1:23 PM
I was talking to my Family Practitioner this morning. He had an interesting observation. Would you rather live 75-80 years of happiness, or 100 years of misery. I chose the former because I will chose to eat what I want and will never exercise for the sake of exercise. In lieu of exercise I have no problem building barns, mending fences, tracking feral hogs, taking hikes, playing golf, or doing any other activity. I will die when it is my time to do so. In the meantime I intend to enjoy life.

I, too, greatly enjoy salads. My problem is that the bagged ones are so often so old as to be inedible and since I'm the only one eating salad it is not cost effective to buy the makings fresh. Accordingly, I find myself more often ordering salads in the local restaurants.

FieryPrincess
July 24th, 2013, 6:05 PM
Ludwig - I would argue that your exercise is more authentic than anything that could come from a gym. I think gyms are around for people who don't have that.

I love Farmer's market season. Fresh fresh fresh!