PDA

View Full Version : Crazy things we do for our kids

Scarlett
July 13th, 2011, 10:06 PM
So I have a rule with my daughter...I really don't care what she wants to do with her hair under two conditions:

1. She always clear it with me first and
2. She never comes home with anything pierced or tatted.

After all...hair can grow back or be dyed back...

Tonight we added blue...VERY BLUE....highlights to her hair...She has done red before, which was beautiful...

Anyhow, we had some dye left and she wanted me to have a blue streak...so now I do...
I have to say, I like it...LOL

Gonna talk her into pink next time....I want a pink streak!

xzochye
July 13th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I have always been the same way with my son. He has had blue and green hair in the past. I think it is fun and harmless.

JoAnn Purser
July 13th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I had the same rule with my kids and they (and I) survived their teen years wanting to express themselves with the hair styles. Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a little time. Now all is well. No permanent damage done.

Ha ha get it! permanent! Oh those curly frizzy waves. How i miss her spiral curls.

THEMEANOGRE
July 14th, 2011, 6:07 AM
Pics, we gotta have pics!:)

lovetoread
July 14th, 2011, 1:57 PM
When my daughter was 5 she needed her bangs trimmed. I had an appointment for the next day. She decided she could not wait. She came in from riding her bike and took off her helmet and her hair fell on the floor. She had put the scissors under the helmet and cut her hair. I was lucky she did not hurt herself. She was all over her head. All her long curls gone. I took her in and was told they would help fix my sons hair. I cried some more. My hairdresser colored her hair so her bald spots could be covered up. Yes hair does grow.

Night Owl
July 14th, 2011, 2:33 PM
Too funny. Both my daughters and granddaughters have has this issue. I guess it is a girl thing.

Hornsby
July 18th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Too funny. Both my daughters and granddaughters have has this issue. I guess it is a girl thing.

Ohh my, I have a nearly three year old....I am not looking forward to the day she uses scissors for creativity on her hair :crying

babyblue
July 19th, 2011, 6:29 AM
My almost 5 year old just did it this weekend. At least it is easier to "fix" on a boy.

christine
July 19th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I did it. I cut my hair and in some places it was to the scalp. I was 5. I just wanted to.
Course I did worse than that to when I was little lol