PDA

View Full Version : Page layout?

Brian McCall
June 20th, 2011, 8:19 AM
Has something changed with the layout? Everything seems to be shifted far to the left.

Or at least, there doesn't seem to be as much margin padding.

Rick
June 20th, 2011, 8:24 AM
Yep, I expanded the layout to full screen.

I was having a problem with the way things looked and acted in internet explorer. Doing it this way solved that...I hope.

Brian McCall
June 20th, 2011, 8:58 AM
No need to change it back, but I hate the way it is now. My laptop has a really wide screen, so it makes it seem really stretched out. As for things acting funny, the javascript seems to be doing odd things. In this text box I am typing in right now, I can't click with my mouse to move the cursor somewhere else in the text. In fact, I can't even use arrow keys to back up. If I need to correct a mistake I have to delete everything after it.

Brian McCall
June 20th, 2011, 9:01 AM
By the way, I am using Firefox.

Rick
June 20th, 2011, 9:20 AM
This is the new editor. I have had some issues with the arrow keys with my desktop, but none with the mouse. My laptop seems to be fine with both. I haven't noticed any issues the few times I have used Firefox since the upgrade, but I will test it some more.

I have a wide screen desktop and it does make the forum look much wider. But I don't like users saying they hate the way it looks, so I will adjust it some more.

Thanks for the input.

Night Owl
June 20th, 2011, 9:21 AM
Man I hate the way this looks!!!!!:)

bbh
June 20th, 2011, 10:46 AM
The only difference for me (using Safari) is that when I type a reply, the end of the right margin is fixed, regardless if it is in the middle of a word or not. Example: in the sentence I just typed, the word "regardless" was split between the two lines. It's just a little weird.

Black Jack
June 20th, 2011, 5:13 PM
No need to change it back, but I hate the way it is now. My laptop has a really wide screen, so it makes it seem really stretched out. As for things acting funny, the javascript seems to be doing odd things. In this text box I am typing in right now, I can't click with my mouse to move the cursor somewhere else in the text. In fact, I can't even use arrow keys to back up. If I need to correct a mistake I have to delete everything after it.

I've experienced the same thing in Firefox.

Rick
June 20th, 2011, 6:14 PM
Man I hate the way this looks!!!!!:)
That's what someone said about you, I can only perform so many miracles. :bluerofl

The only difference for me (using Safari) is that when I type a reply, the end of the right margin is fixed, regardless if it is in the middle of a word or not. Example: in the sentence I just typed, the word "regardless" was split between the two lines. It's just a little weird.

I've seen a double word at the end of a line, but not split words.

I am checking it out.

Am posting this in Firefox 4.0.1 and not having the problems with the mouse or arrow keys so far.

I'll check if this has been reported on the Vbulletin site.

bbh
June 20th, 2011, 7:03 PM
Weird....it's been doing it with every single post of mine. It also is doing it when I'm typing a private message. It comes out fine when I submit, though.

Rick
June 20th, 2011, 7:24 PM
Maybe it is the template you use. Can you try changing it to the Vb4 Default template and see if you still have that problem?

It's in the lower left corner drop down box.

I'm on the template you use and not seeing it in Explorer or Firefox.

Rick
June 20th, 2011, 7:29 PM
Brian, how's the width now?

Black Jack
June 20th, 2011, 8:41 PM
IIt's horrible! Stretches so far across the screen that it cuts off the words on the left and right. Now I have a scroll bar to go back and forth. PLEASE make that go away.

Black Jack
June 20th, 2011, 8:43 PM
Ok, so I changed the default style and it went back to normal. (But I liked the other style better before the changes.)

Rick
June 20th, 2011, 8:51 PM
That's weird, I haven't made any changes to the "Blue Senseless" style. I will look for an update to that style. Give me a few. ;)

Brian McCall
June 20th, 2011, 8:52 PM
Oh you didn't have to change it on my account. I was going to try out the different styles. What does concern me though is why my javascript is acting funny. It seems to have started with the updates on this site, but I am not sure if this is the cause. It seems to be affecting other websites I use that also have javascript. For example on here when I post a new entry, not as a reply but in the box at the bottom, I can't use line breaks. If I hit enter, it either does nothing, or places a line break at the very top of my text input while leaving the cursoor in the same place. And then I can't undo it.

Black Jack
June 20th, 2011, 8:53 PM
It's happening in the vB4 Default style.

Brian McCall
June 20th, 2011, 8:54 PM
Maybe you had a bad install of an update patch or something? Whatever it is, it seems confined to javascript operation. Everything else functions fine.

Rick
June 20th, 2011, 9:49 PM
Ok, that was weird. I updated a style and it corrupted all of them. I got the default restored and will force everyone to use it until I get the other one figured out.

Night Owl
June 21st, 2011, 6:59 AM
That's what someone said about you, I can only perform so many miracles. :bluerofl

To know me is to love me!!!!!:):) Everything is working fine here. No problems.

TheOldProgrammer
June 21st, 2011, 7:03 AM
I'm running Firefox 4.0.1 and as of this time have had absolutely no problems... I'm even extending this another sentence and the 'word wrap' is functioning properly... Can move the mouse to anywhere within this with no problems... This is a truly weird thing...

:smoke

Rick
June 29th, 2011, 12:41 PM
IIt's horrible! Stretches so far across the screen that it cuts off the words on the left and right. Now I have a scroll bar to go back and forth. PLEASE make that go away.
Black Jack, (or anyone else) does this setting still cause problems for you?

Night Owl
June 29th, 2011, 4:25 PM
Looks good but I still don't like the double posting of the last word in the first sentence in alot:) of post.

Rick
June 29th, 2011, 9:54 PM
My biggest problem was with the alignment of the ads on different screens and in compatibility view.

I hope the double word issue will be addressed in the next software update.

TheOldProgrammer
June 30th, 2011, 6:24 AM
Looks good but I still don't like the double posting of the last word in the first sentence in alot:) of post.

I haven't noticed that... Might have to keep a look out and see...

Now I'm using Firefox 5.0 and have encountered no problems with it or Firefox 4.0.1 before that...

Don't remember who it was but; having to scroll side-to-side could be the result of having the text size set too high within the browser...

siamcat
July 2nd, 2011, 9:03 PM
No problem with it, except I miss the "go to the top" button at the bottom of each post. I can live with it, just wondering where it went.

Rick
July 2nd, 2011, 9:39 PM
That's still there. Do you need to scroll to the right?

siamcat
July 2nd, 2011, 9:57 PM
in windows 9 I don't see an option to scroll anywhere.
Everything is fine otherwise, don't worry about it.

TheOldProgrammer
July 3rd, 2011, 5:11 AM
in windows 9 I don't see an option to scroll anywhere.
Everything is fine otherwise, don't worry about it.

Do you mean Windows 7?

You should be able to use Ctrl+Home to accomplish the same thing... You should also be able to use the 'top' button at the end of the thread; it's along side "Quick Navigation"...

xzochye
July 23rd, 2011, 2:00 PM
Did the "top" button get removed from each post?

Rick
July 23rd, 2011, 2:18 PM
I'm guessing you are using the "Blue Senseless" style. I may have forgotten to add it to that style when I upgraded.

Try the VB4 Default Style and you should be able to see it.

Rick
July 23rd, 2011, 9:51 PM
Ok, you should be able to use the "Top" button now.

gwilly
July 29th, 2011, 4:51 PM
Hate the yellow box when you haven't posted for 30 days. This should get rid of it.

Rick
July 29th, 2011, 6:21 PM
LOL, Yep! Bet it did.