PDA

View Full Version : Tree Removal

engteach64
June 19th, 2011, 6:02 PM
Once I purchase my house I have some trees I need removed. They are HUGE. Someone is supposed to come by and trim them, but I am not holding my breath. Anyhow, what I'm wondering is how much tree removal costs, and is there a way to do it without killing the trees? Can I offer the trees to anyone willing to come dig them up? Do people do that?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

xzochye
June 19th, 2011, 7:40 PM
Good questions! I have no trees in my yard and all of a sudden one has started to grow right up next to my house. I need to dig it up before it messes up my foundation and I plan on trying to save it to replant in my yard. I am curious to see the responses you will get!

Grammar Rules
June 19th, 2011, 7:58 PM
I don't know about re-planting full grown trees. The nurseries sometimes plant grown trees, but they have special equipment. My mother had a huge tree taken out because it was too close to the house, and I think she paid a couple of thousand.

I had a little cottonwood come up right by my foundation. I dug it up and transplanted it in the middle of the yard in fall '09. I cut about 1/3 of the height off, and in the spring it put out leaves. This year, it's almost 6' tall. I wouldn't try to transplant a little one until the drought eases up, and maybe not until fall, if you can wait.

xzochye
June 19th, 2011, 9:45 PM
I don't know about re-planting full grown trees. The nurseries sometimes plant grown trees, but they have special equipment. My mother had a huge tree taken out because it was too close to the house, and I think she paid a couple of thousand.

I had a little cottonwood come up right by my foundation. I dug it up and transplanted it in the middle of the yard in fall '09. I cut about 1/3 of the height off, and in the spring it put out leaves. This year, it's almost 6' tall. I wouldn't try to transplant a little one until the drought eases up, and maybe not until fall, if you can wait.

The one that I have growing has grown taller than my house in a year and a half! Do you think it is safe to wait until the fall?

engteach64
June 19th, 2011, 9:45 PM
These a HUGE trees. They planted one in the back yard, and it hangs over the pool so you can't use the steps unless you bend down. It is crazy. It is taller than the house. The other one is by the garage, and in order to mow, or get to the back yard you have to practically crawl on your knees to get there. The trees in from of the house are just overgrown and ugly, and will probalby just be taken out. Then there are the holly bushes out back that I will keep, but trim. There is another tree hanging over the other end of the pool, and three smaller trees diagonally across the back part of the yard to hide the sand filter. Oh, and there is a tree that grows on the side of the yard into the neighbor's yard that we can't keep cut. Can you say tree overkill?

Grammar Rules
June 20th, 2011, 7:59 PM
The one that I have growing has grown taller than my house in a year and a half! Do you think it is safe to wait until the fall?

If you need a tree removed, especially if it's too close to a fence, building or power lines, or if the roots are growing into pipes or the driveway, it can be removed any time, and the sooner the better.

I was talking about digging up and transplanting a sapling yourself...a little bitty tree.

engteach64
June 20th, 2011, 8:17 PM
Okay, now does anyone have any advice for ME?

xzochye
June 20th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Okay, now does anyone have any advice for ME?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your threado:-):)

Night Owl
June 21st, 2011, 6:51 AM
I had a guy from Gatesville stop by last year and prices were reasonable. I will check and see if I still have his card.

Grammar Rules
June 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM
Engteach, until you can get them removed, which could cost you thousands, you might insist that the landlord/seller follow through with having them trimmed as much as possible. That will cut down on the leaves in the pool and will make it easier for the professionals to get up there and dismember and remove them properly.

engteach64
June 21st, 2011, 12:37 PM
Engteach, until you can get them removed, which could cost you thousands, you might insist that the landlord/seller follow through with having them trimmed as much as possible. That will cut down on the leaves in the pool and will make it easier for the professionals to get up there and dismember and remove them properly.

That is what I've been thinking too. They told me to tell them how I want them trimmed, so I will have them trimmed a lot! Once they trim them they will look deat because they are so overgrown, and lacking sunlight.

CTTS
March 2nd, 2013, 11:48 PM
I know it's been a few years since you posted this but thought I'd give it a shot. If it has been taken care of at least you will know for next time or can refer us.

www.cantutreetrimming.com
www.facebook.com/pages/Cantu-Tree-Trimming-Services/267665443270970#!/cantu.trimming

(254) 300-TREE (8733)
(956) 235-4188 cell