PDA

View Full Version : Another Upgrade Is Due!

Rick
June 11th, 2011, 6:06 AM
They have released another upgrade. I hope to install it tonight. So there might be a few minutes of down time while I backup the forum and run the upgrade scripts.

This version has a new editor with Auto Save (Larry will love that one), the ability to paste from MS Word Documents, create tables, etc.

Here's a video clip showing those features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK4oDgDicW8&feature=player_embedded

I found a way to back up the database and minimize the down time.

bbh
June 12th, 2011, 6:37 PM
Just watched the video, and these capabilities are really cool!

Thanks, Rick.

Rick
June 12th, 2011, 6:56 PM
I started on it at 4:30 this morning, then decided against it and to go back to bed since I didn't want to have any problems here while I had a field full of hay to bring in.

Hay's done! 822 bales :)

Mestral
June 13th, 2011, 3:51 AM
"Bailing" is hard work. Hope the harvest was good.
(I worked a little on some farms many years ago)

Hope the upgrade goes well too.
I kinda regret the last upgrade I did (Firefox)
liked the old one better.

Rick
June 13th, 2011, 8:25 AM
That 6 inches of rain last month after I spread $1,400 of fertilizer and herbicide caused an explosion of the coastal bermuda. It's the highest quality first cut we've ever had. Almost no weeds.

Mestral
June 13th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Good to hear.

Rick
June 14th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I think everything is all set. I have the new files uploaded, and all I should have to do is close the forum, back it up again, rename a couple of directories, and run the scripts and reopen the forum. I'm hoping it'll only be down for ten minutes max.

Depending on how busy I am tonight, it'll either be before or after Deadliest Catch.

Like how I plan my world around TV shows even though I have a DVR?

Rick
June 15th, 2011, 5:30 AM
It went smooth, no problems. Was down from about 4:50-5:00. The AutoSave feature is nice.

I would like to get the content management page set up now. Anyone familiar with that?

Rick
June 15th, 2011, 12:29 PM
The autosave also works when creating a Private Message!

Rick
June 17th, 2011, 2:23 PM
I just autosaved on one computer and restored on another.