PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Connect

cnjbond
June 7th, 2011, 4:01 PM
Whoa...this site has reached big time status now!!!! ;)

TheOldProgrammer
June 7th, 2011, 4:10 PM
That's true but there's no way in hell I'm gonna allow access to virtually everything in my FB account...

:smoke

Rick
June 7th, 2011, 4:12 PM
LOL

Well, it is a feature that came with the software. I activated it today and wanted to see how it works.

If you connect, you can "Like" a post with the Facebook link and it will show up on your FB page that you did. You can also publish a post to Facebook by clicking on the "Publich to Facebook" checkbox.

When you "Like" a post here, it will show that you (Your Facebook name) "Liked" it. Only your Facebook friends will see your name, all non friends will see that "Some Other Person" liked it.

If you connect and do not want to remain connected, go into your User Control Panel (http://www.centextalk.com/vb/usercp.php) and "Disconnect" or send me a PM and I will do it for you.

Someone offered a Killeen Twitter page connection, so I plan to look into that as well. I don't do the tweeting thing, so there will be somewhat of a learning curve with that.

Rick
June 7th, 2011, 7:07 PM
That's true but there's no way in hell I'm gonna allow access to virtually everything in my FB account...

:smoke
I have it set to NOT import any data from a person's account into their profile here on the forum.

poundpup
June 7th, 2011, 9:18 PM
It sure could be problematic if you absentmindedly link to Facebook when you're incognito on CTT .... :doh