PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Shop

Rotti_mama
May 23rd, 2011, 2:28 PM
Does anyone know one they can recommend??

Night Owl
May 23rd, 2011, 4:09 PM
I can recommend not getting one. Just me.

THEMEANOGRE
May 23rd, 2011, 4:47 PM
Dave's Master Tattooing (on VMB) was THE top line place many years ago. Dragon Lady's (in HH) was to be avoided at that time. I can't speak about any of the others. I'll echo what Scarlett said some time ago... Avoid names of significant others. Don't pick out pretty pictures from the wall. Get something that actually means something to YOU.

Scarlett
May 23rd, 2011, 4:59 PM
Ogre...she wasn't asking for what kind of tat she should get advice! Jeesh.

If you're going to NYC anytime...I have a FABULOUS guy there who will design something original and perfect and he does super work. Otherwise...I'm sorry! I don't trust the ones around here. They all seem to sprout up overnight everywhere!

Rotti_mama
May 23rd, 2011, 8:37 PM
I want nothing big.............and definitlley no names of SO. I guess I have to check out a few.

ItsMe
July 19th, 2011, 1:56 PM
Dave has done all of mine. Great work. Dave's Master Tattooing on Veterans Memorial.

christine
July 19th, 2011, 5:39 PM
When I was there Tiki Tattoo was good. Rudy was great. Did mine and some of my husbands tattoos.
My advice is shop around. Like anything else you don't want to over pay.

Scarlett
July 19th, 2011, 5:42 PM
I wouldn't advise bargain shopping for tats.

christine
July 19th, 2011, 9:40 PM
All I'm saying is that some shops who are equal in ability and sanitation will charge you too much.

mb1103
July 19th, 2011, 9:41 PM
I agree. I don't bargain shop for tattoos. I'll pay for a great quality tattoo. I can't offer any advice for the area though. It seems that the people change all the time at shops and new shops are everywhere.

Scarlett
July 19th, 2011, 9:43 PM
I know a guy in NYC who is the absolute best...if you're going that way...lol.

moore254
July 22nd, 2011, 8:52 PM
I had one done at Second to None. I don't remember the guy's name. It was kinda pricey and the guy was a dbag. The others I had done at Tiki by Sketch. I'm not sure if he's there anymore. He was FABULOUS!! The whole crew there was amazing! They were decently priced too (not too much, not cheap).

THEMEANOGRE
July 22nd, 2011, 9:00 PM
Tattoo shops seem like Massage therapy clinics. People get a license, then put in a couple years in someone else's establishment. Then when they've been at it for a couple years and begun to develop a handful of regulars, they break out on their own.

Scarlett
July 22nd, 2011, 9:14 PM
But if you get a bad massage, you aren't stuck with it for life.

Scarlett
July 22nd, 2011, 9:17 PM
If you are the type who wants MULTIPLE tats, and you find a person you trust and like who does the work you want, get HIS NUMBER. Not the number of where he works. It is not the PLACE that you need to be concerned with. It is the reputation and work of the ARTIST. And if they are inexperienced, run. If they have a wall of cartoon characters and ask you to pick what you like, run! A good tat should be as individualized and unique as the person getting it.

Ok, off my high horse!

Night Owl
July 22nd, 2011, 9:59 PM
Simple solution, don't get tats. Then you don't have to worry about it. Just saying.

christine
July 23rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Simple solution, don't get tats. Then you don't have to worry about it. Just saying.

You sound like my mother...boy was she ticked when I was 18 and got my tat lol

And yes I also heard good things about sketch at tiki

corgifan
July 23rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
Hoping my children respect the belief system instilled in our family and abstain from tatoos. Ridiculous.

Rick
July 23rd, 2011, 1:57 PM
What's ridiculous?

Rotti_mama
July 23rd, 2011, 6:10 PM
Went to Calaveras on Jasper. I'm happy with my Tat and Im going back for another one.

siamcat
July 23rd, 2011, 6:27 PM
Don't like needles, so I'm happy with the temps when I feel like one.
It's not permanent and I can match it to the mood I'm in.
Glad you found someone you like.