PDA

View Full Version : Found dog

Scarlett
April 12th, 2011, 7:40 AM
This little thing was curled up by my front door this morning. Near Live Oak Ridge Middle School.
I hope we can't find her home. ;)
I will take her in to se if she is chipped after work today. I locked her in my bathroom today so she wouldn't get lost again. If you have any information let me know!

~S~1464

Texas Immigrant
April 12th, 2011, 7:43 AM
So cute! I hope for her family's sake they find her. I hope for your sake you get to keep her. Kind of a win win situation.

Scarlett
April 12th, 2011, 11:17 AM
We are at Buckley's clinic now. (Thanks Brad for coming in on your day off for me!)

He is not micro chipped and has no collar.

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
April 12th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Well, puppy checks out and receives clean bill of health. This pup is a 16 week old male that is probably half wire-haired dachshund and half chihuahua. He is extremely cute and has a great personality. Thanks to Scarlett for taking him in and then having him checked out and his vaccines updated. This time of year is dreadful when it comes to viral diseases of puppies (ie. parvo and distemper) so if you have a young pup make sure that the vaccine protocol is followed properly.

Scarlett
April 12th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Young Pup is going through a naming contest at Ellison...looks like his name is about to be Truman.

text_girl
April 12th, 2011, 3:03 PM
Young Pup is going through a naming contest at Ellison...looks like his name is about to be Truman.

Truman is a FABULOUS name. :thumbsup

Night Owl
April 12th, 2011, 3:17 PM
Rufus. My vote is for Rufus.

prideworks
April 13th, 2011, 8:29 AM
Maynard!!!!!!!!

just kiddin'

Scarlett
April 13th, 2011, 8:41 AM
I wanted Truman...the kids named him Teddy. I guess it is still somewhat presidential...lol.

How long does one have to look for the original owners before they go get their new dog microchipped and stake claim? I have gone door to door around the neighborhood, posted his pic online, and taken him to the vet to check for microchip and get his shots done. Is there some rule to this procedure? I am scared that my kids will get even more attached and THEN in a month while they are outside walking him have some stranger come screaming that he is their dog...

THEMEANOGRE
April 13th, 2011, 8:50 AM
I don't know that there is any set period of time. Personally, I would treat the matter as standard "Lost & Found" situation. But make sure you keep any bills the little fellow has generated, jic.

Gramps
April 13th, 2011, 9:03 AM
How long does one have to look for the original owners before they go get their new dog microchipped and stake claim? I have gone door to door around the neighborhood, posted his pic online, and taken him to the vet to check for microchip and get his shots done. Is there some rule to this procedure? I am scared that my kids will get even more attached and THEN in a month while they are outside walking him have some stranger come screaming that he is their dog...I don't know that there is a set time, But I think that as acceptable guidance, you could use the same time frame that the City of Killeen Animal Control uses as specified in the code of ordinances which states:

Sec. 6-68. Disposition of unredeemed animals.
Any animal impounded under this division not reclaimed by its owner within three (3) working days shall become the property of the city and shall be placed for adoption in a suitable home or humanely euthanized. (Code 1963, Ch. 2, art. 1, § 5(g) [Ord. No. 81-47, § 5, 9-22-81; Ord. No. 86-75, § 2, 9-23-86]; Ord. No. 02-22, § I, 5-28-02)

joyohjoy
April 14th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Good advice from Gramps. Three days is plenty of time to miss your dog. (Being sarcastic) If the people haven't posted in the lost and found or on Craigs List then they don't want him. Heck they could even post at vet's offices and with the Animal Control. To many throw-away dogs in this town.

prideworks
April 14th, 2011, 12:29 PM
how bout another picture with his happy self? :)

Scarlett
April 14th, 2011, 1:30 PM
Here he is! Complete with his new collar and rabies tag.

cuatro
April 14th, 2011, 2:41 PM
I say "Welcome to Scarlett's family!" He is a cutie!

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
April 14th, 2011, 3:19 PM
Teddy is a good name but how about "Rhett"? Get it, Rhett and Scarlett.

Night Owl
April 14th, 2011, 3:20 PM
Looks like a Rufus for sure. Check out the ears!!!! Too cute.

Scarlett
April 14th, 2011, 4:27 PM
Well...update...

My daughter was outside with the dog a little bit ago...I am still at Ellison. She just called me crying her eyes out. Some lady walked up and snatched the dog from my daughter, screamed at her for taking her dog, and left with him.

:(

She is heartbroken.

xzochye
April 14th, 2011, 4:30 PM
Well...update...

My daughter was outside with the dog a little bit ago...I am still at Ellison. She just called me crying her eyes out. Some lady walked up and snatched the dog from my daughter, screamed at her for taking her dog, and left with him.

:(

She is heartbroken.

Wow! What a b! I hope your daughter can show you where she lives so that you can go over there and give her a piece of your mind!

Pumpkingirl
April 15th, 2011, 5:19 PM
OMG thats mind blowing. How does someone not look for their pet IMMEDIATELY and then snatch it from someone who loved it and cared for it.

TODAY we had a HUGE 100lbs at LEAST dog in our front yard when I let our 1 1/2lb chihuhua out to tinkle. HE was massive, his foot was the size of my baby. He walked right over to me, we loved him, got him a bowl of water, read his rabies tag (which was KVC, they contacted owner) he was picked up....literally picked up and put in the car. I did post him on craigslist as well....in the interim.

The owner was so grateful and he looked pretty damn happy too. The situation you describe makes my blood boil. It's so hard to fall OUT OF LOVE with a pet, especially for a child.

Spartan
April 15th, 2011, 5:29 PM
Wow! What a b! I hope your daughter can show you where she lives so that you can go over there and give her a piece of your mind!

If Scarlett can't handle that part... I volunteer. All I need is an address.

Geschnatter
April 15th, 2011, 8:52 PM
OMG What a Cutie!!!!!

Scarlett
April 15th, 2011, 8:54 PM
Yup...he was cute. We wish we still had him! :(

poundpup
April 15th, 2011, 9:07 PM
Just for general reference, the Centex Humane Society also has a LOST and FOUND page at http://www.centexhumanesociety.com/phpbb/
(http://www.centexhumanesociety.com/phpbb/)
I am concerned about this dog snatching incident. I am not so sure that this was the real owner. The disappearance of little dogs this year is notable, and there are more and more puppy mills emerging. ... It's really sad and we need to get a grip on this barbaric practice. If you want to have some input on the development of laws concerning puppy mills, please contact your state representative. HB 1451 - Commercial Dog and Cat Breeder Act (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/billlookup/Text.aspx?LegSess=82R&Bill=HB1451)is being voted on next Thursday (April 21).