PDA

View Full Version : March Madness

CenTexDave
March 13th, 2011, 11:21 PM
The conference tournaments are complete. Ohio State, Kansas, Duke and Pitt are regional number 1 seeds.
Who do you think will win it all and why?

cnjbond
March 14th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I have to tell ya, the field is wide open this year. No one is really dominating and I'm not even sure if a 1 seed is going to be in the Final Four either...

CenTexDave
March 16th, 2011, 8:56 PM
I agree. Some of those #2 and #3 seeds are looking good. Will be interesting.

CenTexDave
March 19th, 2011, 1:46 PM
The so-called media "experts" should be wearing a lot of egg on their face now - they all thought the Big East was by far the best basketball conference, and the NCAA Selection Committee put 11 of the Big East teams in the tournament. So far, 4 of them have bombed out in the first round. lol

CenTexDave
March 19th, 2011, 9:45 PM
Another Big East team - the Pitt Panthers, seeded #1 in the Western Regional - is gone. lol
They need to rename the conference the Big Least.

CenTexDave
March 21st, 2011, 12:49 PM
And a number two seed, Notre Dame, falls to #11 Florida State. LOL

cnjbond
March 27th, 2011, 8:55 AM
Only 1 number 1 left but I think Kansas will be able to pull it out to reach the the championship game. It's tough to pick who's coming out of the East/West but I'll go with Tar Heels to face Kansas in the championship.

CenTexDave
March 27th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Been a crazy tournament for sure.
I'd just as soon see Virginia Commonwealth play Butler for the national championship, although I think you're correct in that Kansas will win it all. They were, IMHO, in the weakest regional.

cnjbond
March 27th, 2011, 10:56 PM
And then there were none...I should've stuck with my gut that none of the #1 seeds would make it to the Final Four! Crazy tournament indeed!!!

CenTexDave
March 28th, 2011, 9:49 AM
And no #2 seeds left. VCU plays Butler. First time this has ever happened. Just shows the parity has also happened in college basketball, as well as football.
Hope whoever wins this semi-final wins the whole thing against the other semi winner - Kentucky/Connecticut.

cnjbond
March 29th, 2011, 4:44 PM
Yeah I'm pulling for the either one of the two underdogs to win it all as well.

CenTexDave
March 29th, 2011, 5:32 PM
And let's not forget the ladies - will Connecticut win another one? They play Duke tonight in the East Regional. Tennessee got bounced last night as Notre Dame beat them in a regional final. They'll be joined by Stanford (only team to beat UConn in the past two years) and the winner of tonight's Baylor - Texas A&M Regional Final. Those that haven't watched Baylor's Griner play have missed a treat. 6'8" center, dunks frequently. Unstoppable. Scored 40 points the other night.