PDA

View Full Version : vaginal discharge

spedkiddos
March 11th, 2011, 4:37 PM
Over the past few days we've noticed that when Cane urinates there is a greenish discharge. Is this something I need to worry about? What should I do to get rid of it?

Pumpkingirl
March 11th, 2011, 7:25 PM
Crap I am so sorry about your Cane...but when you put "vaginal discharge" as your thread topic, well its just going to make people go WTH. That being said you obviously have some concerns so here we go.

Is Cane a dog? Is Cane old/young? Is Cane peeing green ( I only ask this because I would NEVER notice a tint to my dogs urine)? Did Cane eat something that it normally wouldn't have, that might have tinted its urine? Has its mood/dispostion changed? Is Cane listless? Is anything swollen?

It would be hard for the best vet to diagnosis your animals symptom without a few more answers.
As a women I would say ANY discharge is cause for alarm but the general public (this forum) is hard pressed to give you good feedback without a little bit more info.
Best wishes to Cane.

spedkiddos
March 11th, 2011, 8:02 PM
sorry Pumpkingirl, (Dr. Buckley saw her last week, so I knew he would know who I'm talking about) Cane is a 10 week old puppy I guess I should have been a little clearer in my first post, but.... well I'm sure you know what it's like to do several things at once. She has the greenish discharge after she pees. Cane seems to feel fine, playing like a puppy!

BTW I like your name, I have a 13 year old shepherd mix with the name Pun-kin. Have a great weekend.

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
March 13th, 2011, 10:18 AM
This is common in young female dogs and usually indicates a condition known as juvenile vaginitis. Normal growth and development usually solves this problem without treatment. Hormonal surges will help in time. If not, a very simple treatment can be prescribed.

Have a nice spring break and take good care of that awesome pup!