Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Post Thanks / Like

Motorcycles

Share with your fellow members what and where you ride. From metric, American, German, Russian, Italian, to whatever.

My ride is a 2018 Honda CB650F. Since I can't leave things alone. I went up three teeth on the rear sprocket. From 32 to 35. The drive sprocket is factory at 15 teeth.

Top speed went from 156mph to around 120mph. Torque band is much much lower. Two brothers Tarmac with a fuel controller. She will scoot down the road fast enough...

Going on 1023 miles. I've dropped it three times. Dented the tank twice. And dumped it once. Slight rash to the engine case. This bike loves the ground.

The bike before the Honda was Suzuki boulevard M50 I had got a good deal on. What a huge POS but I never dropped or dumped it. Too easy of a bike to ride....The POS...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ride safe my friend. There are a lot of morons out there. I have been out of bikes since 2016, however I am about to buy a BMW R1300GT when I get back from NTC in November. I miss them and have always want a German bike.....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

3. Likes shawnricheson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ride safe my friend. There are a lot of morons out there. I have been out of bikes since 2016, however I am about to buy a BMW R1300GT when I get back from NTC in November. I miss them and have always want a German bike.....
    No kidding, especially in Killeen. You'd think that with the amount of motorcycles in the area. That most drivers would lay off the tailgating and running a trailer in front you. Nope, nothing is that easy.

Nice! Isn't that the civilian version of the BMW police bike?

I took a hiatus riding bikes for some time. Had a Suzuki Savage. Now they call it an S40. Life being life, I lost the bike in a divorce. Got back into it about 3 years ago. (Keeps the mileage down on my car. So far I have 13,005 on a 2015 Chevy)

5. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The police run BMW K bikes. The opposed twin on the R bikes is basically the same engine since like 1916. This will probably be my last bike, and the wife said go for it....I think she misses running around on a bike ….when it isn't 400 degrees outside...
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

7. Likes Grasshopperglock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the proud owner/rider of a 2017 Harley Davidson CVO Limited. The only thing I did was change out the exhaust system for a Vance n Hines...otherwise, it's a CVO duh...don't have to do anything to them cause Harley already did it for you. I bought it new in Fargo, ND on a cross country trip 2 years ago. Before that I had a 2012 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited. Haven't dropped the CVO but did drop the 12 a couple of times. I think I'd probably cry a little bit if I dropped the CVO. I just hit 19k on the CVO. The old one (2012) I put 20k miles on it the first year I had it...I mean I went all over the country...a several times lol.

9. Likes Grasshopperglock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I get my hands on a 1200 Sportster. I'm chopping it up. It'd be something I'd spend a lot of time on.

I've done bobbers. This time, it'd be a scrambler or a street tracker. Trust me on this...It'd be one sick looking bike.

Neighbor down the street has Harleys. He's from some Pacific island. Has two bikes.

One day he shows up and has a couple beers. Ask me if I'll ride his bike so he could hear the exhaust. I can understand that.

Ok.

Two minutes later and I have a helmet on. He was riding what I'd call a dynaglide. Soft tail something. Talk about an absolute beast of a motorcycle. I demonstrated his exhaust note. Halfway down the street and back.
    Last edited by Grasshopperglock; July 9th, 2019 at 6:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a 2002 Wide glide that I didn't use much except for back and forth to work. Sold it in 2017 and went without until last year when I went and got a nice little sportster 1200. Model is called a "48"... Not sure why. But it is easy to ride and feels good. Just need to stop and get gas a lot more often with that peanut tank. I think it only holds about 1 1/2 gallons of gas.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

12. Likes Grasshopperglock, Ricky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    I had a 2002 Wide glide that I didn't use much except for back and forth to work. Sold it in 2017 and went without until last year when I went and got a nice little sportster 1200. Model is called a "48"... Not sure why. But it is easy to ride and feels good. Just need to stop and get gas a lot more often with that peanut tank. I think it only holds about 1 1/2 gallons of gas.
    Your bike is called 48 because the peanut tank you have was originally introduced on Harley-Davidson's 1948 125 S Hummer ... your tank will hold 2.1 gallons
    Last edited by Ricky; July 9th, 2019 at 7:36 PM.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

14. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExKilleencitizen View Post
    I'm the proud owner/rider of a 2017 Harley Davidson CVO Limited. The only thing I did was change out the exhaust system for a Vance n Hines...otherwise, it's a CVO duh...don't have to do anything to them cause Harley already did it for you. I bought it new in Fargo, ND on a cross country trip 2 years ago. Before that I had a 2012 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited. Haven't dropped the CVO but did drop the 12 a couple of times. I think I'd probably cry a little bit if I dropped the CVO. I just hit 19k on the CVO. The old one (2012) I put 20k miles on it the first year I had it...I mean I went all over the country...a several times lol.
    CVO top of the line for Harley which paint Scheme do you have?
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been off bikes for years. For fuel economy, though, I may buy a scooter to buzz around KTX. Yup, the morons don't look, and tailgate like crazy. I have a done plenty of "brake checks" in my day, and won't hesitate to do them again. Part of the problem with riders is their speed, especially young ones. They go too fast to be believed, don't have good control, and usually end up spilling themselves all over the highway. Also, when they go too fast, they aren't prepared for those who won't see them until it's too late.

I thought the PD had Harleys. Even some of the MC cops have given up riding in KTX.

17. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast