Thread: Thank's all

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's all

I am back and just wanted to thank everyone who said prayers or sent positive thoughts my way. My Dad made it through triple bypass surgery like a champ and is out of the hospital and getting stronger everyday. He still has cardiac rehab, but he is walking and visiting the garden (he is not allowed to work in it.) He was actually working on making sauerkraut today and he is only a week out of surgery, that crazy, stubborn Irishman.
    Anyway, thanks and it is nice to be home.
    Personal attacks are an admission of intellectual bankruptcy

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it's low-salt sauerkraut, honey!!! Glad he's better.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

3. Likes LauraA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am back and just wanted to thank everyone who said prayers or sent positive thoughts my way. My Dad made it through triple bypass surgery like a champ and is out of the hospital and getting stronger everyday. He still has cardiac rehab, but he is walking and visiting the garden (he is not allowed to work in it.) He was actually working on making sauerkraut today and he is only a week out of surgery, that crazy, stubborn Irishman.
    Anyway, thanks and it is nice to be home.
    well, knowing more than just a little bit about the Irish, in particular, the Scots Irish,the fact of the matter is, that he wouldn't be an Irishman if he weren't stubborn or maybe he wouldn't be stubborn if he weren't an Irishman...something like that......glad he made it through. I had my ha last Sept 7th and have got a by-pass comin' up once i get my strength and health back.....once the Doc says I can tolerate it.....mac
    Last edited by mac; June 30th, 2015 at 10:15 PM.

5. Likes CenTexDave, circle_c, LauraA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear he's doing well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well, knowing more than just a little bit about the Irish, in particular, the Scots Irish,the fact of the matter is, that he wouldn't be an Irishman if he weren't stubborn or maybe he wouldn't be stubborn if he weren't an Irishman...something like that......glad he made it through. I had my ha last Sept 7th and have got a by-pass comin' up once i get my strength and health back.....once the Doc says I can tolerate it.....mac
    The weirdest thing is that after the surgery he kept saying everything tastes burnt. It is starting to clear up. Apparently, this is not unusual in men. He is still losing weight, but get his appetite back. The first couple of days are the roughest, but it slowly got better and the sooner they can take the ventilator out, the better it is. Oh and where they take the veins out hurts the worst. It is worth it, though and medicine today is amazing. You'll probably feel like a new person.
    Personal attacks are an admission of intellectual bankruptcy