Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Willie Nelson

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Willie Nelson

84 years old today!!!!
    Willie - this joint's for you!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    84 and a day to be exact....lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

4. LOL CenTexDave, fchafey LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    84 and a day to be exact....lol
    well, there prob'ly ain't all that many of us old coons around but I can 'member when ole Willie used to be a clean young man, very well dressed, coiffed and groomed singin' on Porter Wagoner's show....a long time ago and a whole hell of a lot of water under the bridge since then.....for both of us......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the man's music... don't care much for the man. Yes, I can separate the two. (I had the same problem with Johnny Cash.)
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

7. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I love the man's music... don't care much for the man. Yes, I can separate the two. (I had the same problem with Johnny Cash.)
    yeow....that's exactly the way I was with Willie.....really enjoyed his music and even his events till he went to seed.........we used to go to his shows and manatou springs in between vietnam tours......great times from what I can recall....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Willie and my Dad grew up together. I have pictures of them together at his annual concert in Abbott. Willie is the only good thing to come out of that one horse town. Willie is a nice man but the drugs has taken its toll.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

10. Likes CenTexDave, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    . Willie is the only good thing to come out of that one horse town.
    well, you can always stop by there on the way to Dallas or Ft. Worth and get a real Dr. Pepper with real cane sugar.....very cold......at that little cash grocery store........mac

12. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And his most famous quote on his birthday.... "I outlived my pecker".....
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

14. LOL CenTexDave, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    well, you can always stop by there on the way to Dallas or Ft. Worth and get a real Dr. Pepper with real cane sugar.....very cold......at that little cash grocery store........mac
    I don't think that Dr. Pepper made with genuine cane sugar is available anywhere any more. The only cane sugar sweetened Dr. Pepper, until January 2012, came from the Dublin Dr. Pepper Bottling Company. Some bottling plants do sweeten Dr. Pepper with real sugar but it is from beets rather than cane. The Dublin bottling plant no longer produces Dr. Pepper.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    It is available, and labeled as pure cane sugar Dr. Pepper. The only reason I know this is that my son in law loves the stuff, and my wife gets a case of it whenever he comes for a visit. Wal mart carries it.

I believe the bottles (yes, the old fashioned small ones) have a label on the outside that say made with pure S and H cane sugar.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

17. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast