Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers at it again

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said... Start Foltenewictz you lose. Goes without saying. I doesn't matter much any more. These guys are going to end up in the cellar again this year despite the occasional win. The only pitcher they have that is any good is Gibson, and he is only good every 5th game or so. Can't start him every night. Bullpen sucks, as usual, this year too.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, after beating the Dodgers last night by 12 to 1, a miracle in itself, the Rangers have returned to their old ways once again... Dodgers are killing them today in an early day game. Early for California anyhow.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, after beating the Dodgers last night by 12 to 1, a miracle in itself, the Rangers have returned to their old ways once again... Dodgers are killing them today in an early day game. Early for California anyhow.

I had to watch the Astros play Los Angles last night.......beautiful game, really was.......to tell the truth about it, there's just something real real cool about a perfectly played doubled play and the dodgers have it down pat.....a real work of art......(and I don't even like 'em)......mac
    Last edited by mac; June 13th, 2021 at 7:51 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I had to watch the Astros play Los Angles last night.......beautiful game, really was.......to tell the truth about it, there's just something real real cool about a perfectly played doubled play and the dodgers have it down pat.....a real work of art......(and I don't even like 'em)......mac[/FONT]
    My wife says she is going to change her loyalties away from the Rangers. They always wind up in the cellar, and it gets boring down there. If they somehow manage to put together a decent season, it is just as easy to switch loyalties again. If you want to call that sort of thing loyalty. Perhaps rooting for the Dodgers is the smart thing to do. I am a native Californian, but I grew up a Giants fan. (Being from the bay area)..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    My wife says she is going to change her loyalties away from the Rangers. They always wind up in the cellar, and it gets boring down there. If they somehow manage to put together a decent season, it is just as easy to switch loyalties again. If you want to call that sort of thing loyalty. Perhaps rooting for the Dodgers is the smart thing to do. I am a native Californian, but I grew up a Giants fan. (Being from the bay area)..
    nah, i could never give up on the Rangers......just couldn't do that. Like I've said before, It's just beyond understanding! I mean, they got all the talent in the world, they 've got buckets of money and great fans and resources.....and most of 'em are good clean living men (saw bauer do some pitching last night, now that right there was really neat)....well, anyway, I could never switch fans before the 4th, but it's gettin' bout time for me to start pitchin' tents with the Astros again, 'cept when they're playin' the Rangers.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

6. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    nah, i could never give up on the Rangers......just couldn't do that. Like I've said before, It's just beyond understanding! I mean, they got all the talent in the world, they 've got buckets of money and great fans and resources.....and most of 'em are good clean living men (saw bauer do some pitching last night, now that right there was really neat)....well, anyway, I could never switch fans before the 4th, but it's gettin' bout time for me to start pitchin' tents with the Astros again, 'cept when they're playin' the Rangers.....mac
    And I can never give up on my Mets. Frustrating but fan is short for fanatic........
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

8. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the Rangers are playing the Astros tonight and lead 2 to 0... Let's see how long that lasts once they dip into their sorry ass bullpen.

Post Thanks / Like
    And you are correct the Rangers did blow it again. While I believe they are the President of the HOA in Suckvile, Texas, the Diamondbacks are the worst. They lost their 21st straight on the road after blowing a 7 run lead to the Giants. The good teams so far this year a Meh, but the bad ones really are putting forth the best effort to lose....pretty sad....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    The Rangers need a minimum of 8 runs in order to make up for their bullpen.

And they need to stop sending in Sborz to close. That boy gives up runs every time he is used. And that new guy that walked the bases loaded during the bottom of the 10th inning should likewise be put on the bus back to Roundrock. The problem with the Rangers is more with their bullpen than their bats.

But both areas are very weak. Look at the batting averages of the Rangers compared to the Astros... Almost none of the Rangers batters are above the Mendoza line (.200avg) while almost all of the Astros are hitting 350 or better.

12. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sojourner truth;519350]The Rangers need a minimum of 8 runs in order to make up for their bullpen.

And they need to stop sending in Sborz to close. That boy gives up runs every time he is used. And that new guy that walked the bases loaded during the bottom of the 10th inning should likewise be put on the bus back to Roundrock. The problem with the Rangers is more with their bullpen than their bats.

But both areas are very weak. Look at the batting averages of the Rangers compared to the Astros... Almost none of the Rangers batters are above the Mendoza line (.200avg) while almost all of the Astros are hitting 350 or better.[/QUOTE

actually, I like the Ranger Bull Pen, lots of good potential in there...........it's that damned Woodward (imo) that's the problem. He's just gotta leave and bring in someone who will manage a game instead of just watch it....mac

14. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast