Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Should parents muzzle their babies in public

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how in the hell does he get that anyway from shotgun's response? the guy really really does have a comprehension problem.....mac
    Well... there is selective listening... what I'm often accused of by my partner in life. I guess there can be selective reading as well; especially when the Word calls you to change and you don't want to.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. LOL just2cents LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    If that is what you really think then who am I to tell you different. You can lead a horse to water..................I'm done since it seems to you it is all a joke.
    Yes it is all a joke. One has to enjoy life and keep centextalk from becoming boring.

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by just2cents View Post
    Yes it is all a joke. One has to enjoy life and keep centextalk from becoming boring.
    That's okay. When you wake up one day and say to yourself, "What if it's not a joke." You know how to reach me... unless I am released from the time/space continuum.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

6. Likes just2cents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back on topic... I consider it abhorrent to say that parents muzzle their children. One muzzles animals, such as vicious dogs, not children.

An infant's cry in my ears is the same as seeing a field of bluebonnets it's a sign of new life.

On the other hand, I would love to see the TV sets removed from many of the restaurants so that people can have polite conversation.

I don't waste my money on movies and we do have a family room (8% of the total floor space) in our church.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    On the other hand, I would love to see the TV sets removed from many of the restaurants so that people can have polite conversation.
    Where have you been that a TV interfered with the ability to have polite conversation in a restaurant?

... we do have a family room (8% of the total floor space) in our church.
    Family Room? Please explain.

The "crying room" at the rear right corner of our sanctuary was a simi-soundproof room with big windows to see out of and a speaker, with its own volume control, so the mothers could take their babies in there if they felt the need to, and they would still see and hear everything. Off limits to every one else, during the service.

Is the family room in your church anything like that?

There was a nursery with its own speaker (and volume control) for mothers who had other responsibilities before or during the service, and a separate children's Church for the 4 - 12 year age group.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ludwig, I am like you in that a baby's cry is a very uplifting thing,...for about ten seconds. Then, the baby needs to get quiet.

10. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Muzzle them? Nah, but like sickofpc said, after about 10 seconds I'd like to strangle them!!
    Remember this - you spend the first 2-3 years with them to teach them to walk and talk, and the rest of your life telling them to sit down and shut up!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

12. Likes Night Owl, sickofpc, Mestral liked this post
    LOL just2cents, fchafey, sickofpc, Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    Where have you been that a TV interfered with the ability to have polite conversation in a restaurant?
    Most recently, Chili's and TGI Fridays.

Family Room? Please explain.

The "crying room" at the rear right corner of our sanctuary was a simi-soundproof room with big windows to see out of and a speaker, with its own volume control, so the mothers could take their babies in there if they felt the need to, and they would still see and hear everything. Off limits to every one else, during the service.

Is the family room in your church anything like that?

There was a nursery with its own speaker (and volume control) for mothers who had other responsibilities before or during the service, and a separate children's Church for the 4 - 12 year age group.
    If one refers to our Family Room as a "crying room", our pastor will give that person a verbal thrashing. The room, which is immediately adjacent to the sanctuary with three huge picture windows facing the sanctuary and speakers with volume controls so that the families feel included in the worship, is there for those families who would feel more comfortable there for whatever reason. Most of our parishioners have, for the most part, learned to control their children, even the new-born and the terrible-two's. No one is disturbed by the occasional outburst... generally they engender smiles. If a child has colic or some other uncontrollable need to ululate, the parents take the child either to the family room or to the Narthex (the enclosed space between the main entrance and the nave of a church) until the problem is resolved. We have a special "Sunday School" for the 3-5-year-olds whose parents choose to send them there during the worship service where they are introduced to the Word at their level of understanding.

14. Thanks gnatsum, Mestral thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post

Fathers are not allowed?

16. LOL just2cents LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    Fathers are not allowed?
    Nope

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast