Thread: Dog Urine Spots in the yard

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Dog Urine Spots in the yard

I wasn't sure whether to post this in pets or in yard/gardening, but Rick can certainly move it if I guessed wrongly.

Any tricks to getting the grass to come back from a "burned" spot in the yard? WE have a female dog and I suspect it is her urine. And "spot" is disingenuous - it's a larger area. We have a limited area where she can go in the winter and so we get lots of yellow snow, which inevitably melts.

Interestingly, the area around it is the most lush in the neighborhood. I water, and we've had decent rain. While I was laid up and non-mobile, the family was NOT good about picking up the poo as it landed (so to speak) so we had a whole winter's worth of poo that we had to pick up and collect, which I think accounts for some of the lush since it is downhill of the burned spots.

Note: The fence is brand new (as in erected yesterday) because we are tired of the visitors to the adjacent playground messing with our raised garden and messing around within a couple of feet from our window. We actually walk the dogs three times a day (1 mile-ish each walk) during the summer.

Any tips other than to reseed? Is there a magic fertilizer (keep in mind I am gardening impaired) It's on post and the maintenance people come mow every Monday, so they'll just ruin any seeding project unless it was their idea. I've talked with them before and the maintenance people and the housing people do not seem to be on the same communication wavelength.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Yard spots.jpg  
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds