Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Losing my Lab

Post Thanks / Like

Losing my Lab

She's a lab mix (part greyhound).

I am not sure if she'll last the night. If she does, then we'll take her in tomorrow and have her checked and (most likely) euthanized.

I've been around dogs my whole life and I recognize the look of "the end"

She has been a wonderful dog and I don't want her to hurt just because we can't say goodbye.

I didn't really know where else to share this little tidbit, but I needed to share somewhere.

I just keep getting up and checking on her from time to time and trying to keep her as comfortable as we can.

And I am trying to focus on the fun memories like when we brought her home as a puppy and carefully placed her in the backyard with the new fence only to watch her walk right between the fence and the house.

Or how she was always there to take care of the kids.

Or a million other wonderful little memories.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

2. Thanks stormy thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave, Deb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saying goodbye is so difficult. Try to focus on those wonderful memories as hard as it is, and may you and your family make it through tonight and tomorrow. I'll say a prayer for your sweet dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryPrincess View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She's a lab mix (part greyhound).

I am not sure if she'll last the night. If she does, then we'll take her in tomorrow and have her checked and (most likely) euthanized.

I've been around dogs my whole life and I recognize the look of "the end"

She has been a wonderful dog and I don't want her to hurt just because we can't say goodbye.

I didn't really know where else to share this little tidbit, but I needed to share somewhere.

I just keep getting up and checking on her from time to time and trying to keep her as comfortable as we can.

And I am trying to focus on the fun memories like when we brought her home as a puppy and carefully placed her in the backyard with the new fence only to watch her walk right between the fence and the house.

Or how she was always there to take care of the kids.

Or a million other wonderful little memories.

I am so sorry you have to go through this process, but I'm very glad you have her for as long as you have. I know "the look" all too well. Please feel free to share whatever you need too.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a tough time. I just went through it and it isn't easy. Remember the good times. She was a blessed puppy to be in your home.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

6. Likes Deb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Lab-Greyhound mix, they are the greatest dogs in the world. She is blessed to have you, and you were doubly blessed to have her. This is the big downside to pet ownership, but I would rather have this, than never knowing the unconditional love a pet brings into your life.
    "What you do, who you’re with, and how you feel about the world around you, is completely up to you."

Mike Rowe

8. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is the unconditional love that makes it so hard to say goodbye.

we did have to put her down. She had lost 17 pounds in 4 months. Cancer.

we didn't even see our vet, but that's probably just as well since the paperwork they faxed over indicated a noticeable problem in October that was never discussed with us.

sad day in our house.

thanks to everyone for your support. I do appreciate it.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry to hear about your doggy FP. It's so heartbreaking...My thoughts are with you and your family.

"It's on like bing bong!!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry. It's hard to lose a pet since they're part of our family.

Post Thanks / Like
    FP, thinking about you and your family. Cherish the fun and wonderful memories you all have of her. Keep some pics around the house; they will make you smile many times over. Sending love your way
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with you at this trying time. Memories are forever, cherish them.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast