Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Upgraded Software...Take Look

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Upgraded Software...Take Look

Would anyone like a sneak peak? http://www.centextalk.com/forum/

Your current login is the same.

Still a lot of work to do, especially on the Front Page, but I think they have FINALLY worked a lot of bugs out of it. I am starting to become very impressed.

P.S. The database is as it was this morning, so the latest messages here are not there.

Keep in mind, this is just a test preview. Anything posted on the new site will disappear.

Let me know what you think of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great. I will have to learn more than I know now to get the full benefit.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So will I.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't seem to be too much different than this one...shouldn't be too hard for us to transition.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion, switching over to the new software will take a little getting used to for the users, but it's really no different than getting used to different discussion boards (believe it or not, there's more than CenTexTalk out there!) From a user perspective, the same buttons / links / tools are there, just in different places.
    I would like it if it were able to go full screen width. The current board does.
    After I posted a test message, I don't understand what the little "piece of paper" icon is. Hover over it, it says "Default".

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The screen width is an issue to me as well. On my phone and mini computer, it is full. On my desktop 21" screen it isn't.

The little page thing showed that it wad the default Post Icon. I turned that off.

The style I selected might be adding to some of the "confusion" I am sending Scarlett out shopping for a potential new one.

If anyone wants to add their opinion about what they'd like to see, feel free to do so. Just Google Vbulletin skins or styles then post the link here. It is version 4.1.

I am making the front page less busy as well. I was able to add a Weather widget and am playing with the layout.

I have not added that address to Tapatalk or Forumrunner yet. Will let you all know when I do.

Thanks for the input. Making changes like this is scary. I don't want to run people off, plus, I seem to remember being cussed out the first time we did it. But it proved to have been a wise choice.

User input is very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    The screen width seems to be full screen, and scalable now. I can stretch my browser across both monitors, and it scales.

Post Thanks / Like
    Weather widget link (to take to your profile to enter your ZIP code) doesn't seem to work.
    I added my ZIP code in my profile, and the weather widget showed correctly.

9. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am crawling out of bed to do my shopping part now darn it....last darn day of vaca and I am being put to work...*mumble curse mutter under breath*

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I found and changed the page width variable.

Also, fixed the coding error in the Zip Code link.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast