Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why is the City of Killeen forcing their citizns to have nicrochipping done

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Why is the City of Killeen forcing their citizns to have nicrochipping done

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4][/SIZE][/FONTi have read in the paper that the city is going to start enforcing animals to be micro-chipped

Nobody can afford it (or understand it) if they aew wlderly.

BACK OFF KILLEEN
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I thought this site would be great, but it is not!!

I miss Highwayman, Kat227 and several others

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Already discussed HERE!

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my dogs came to me microchipped. She was microchipped by her senior citizen owner before coming to me. I should check her cremains to see if the microchip melted or anything like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mobile pet owners SHOULD VOLUNTARILY microchip their pets.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't afford microchipping, you surely can't afford a pet. It is a one time fee. Don't get an animal until you have saved for adoption fees if any, microchipping, the vaccinations, nuetering/spay, and a year or two worth of heartworm pills. Getting a pet is a RESPONSIBILITY. They require it because when people are "done" with their pets, they bring them out my way and they are dumping them. I, in turn, run them in to the vet, and have them checked for a chip. If they have one, you can be contacted and held accountable for your "child". If not, that is another animal that will be most likely put to sleep at the pound. For those who truly did just lose their pet, the chip is a lifesaver.

6. Likes spedkiddos, flagthis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Microchipping should be a choice made by the owner.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

8. Likes FieryPrincess, xzochye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Care of the pet should be the RESPONSIBILITY (not choice) of the owner. At any point, you can substitute the word pet with child if you would like. Tell me why 2 of my 4 pets are strays which should not have been my responsibility? The third is a chihuahua that came from a house of 13 of them. He was skin and bones and had no hair from the shoulders back. He was a pound underweight - a lot for a chihuahua. The fourth I took off the hands of my asst. principal because her son was highly allergic. I live in a rural area and the other two animals were clearly dropped off. This is only a small number of the animals that I have had come to my door. The others I have had to call the Sheriff (animal control) to come pick up. I can't take them all. CHIP YOUR ANIMALS.

10. Thanks prideworks thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Care of a pet is the responsibility of the owner, I agree. Why would I substitute the word pet for child. My pets are not my children, they are my pets. Chipping an animal is not a requirement, it is a CHOICE!!!

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two dogs. One is "chipped" because her loss would devastate me. The other is an obnoxious pound hound whose loss would be seen as a boon by me, although not by my spouse. The latter is not chipped... neither is my spouse... one could surmise that their loss would not be devastating.

13. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    5/5
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast